• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fighting Sora In KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Just realized that now with 2.8 we've in some way fought every KH hero of the series except for Sora.

Sora - Riku in KH1
Roxas/Sora - Axel in KH2
Roxas - Xion in 358/2 Days
Sora - Terra in KH2
Riku - Ven in DDD
Aqua - Aqua in 0.2

Since KH3 has a very good chance of having multiple playable protagonists, I wonder if we'll have any kind of Riku VS Sora fight in which we play as Riku instead of Sora because Sora's been possessed by Xehanort. Or maybe one of the 13 seekers of Darkness is a future Sora.

Idk, I just REAALLLLYYY wanna fight Sora for some reason lol. Even if it's Sora Vs Sora somehow, If Sora really is the strongest keyblade wielder, then a Sora boss fight could be the most epic thing in the series to date.

Muke

whatever
Awards
We did fight Sora in the past, KH1

163px-Shadow_Sora_KH.png

Sora's Heartless was the main antagonist in coded

Sora%27s_Heartless_-_True_Form_KHREC.png

idk if that counts or if you want to fight the true Sora though

Also, I don't think we should say we fought against any of the TAV trio, because:
- Lingering Will isn't the real Terra
- Armored Ventus Nightmare isn't the real Ven
- Magic Mirror!Aqua isn't the real Aqua

dwroxas16

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
We've kind of fought Sora.
1) Shadow Sora in Neverland (KH1)
2) Sora's Heartless (Re:Coded)
3) Ven's Armor with Sora in it? (DDD)

163px-Shadow_Sora_KH.png

Beat me by That much :p

Last edited:

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I'd like for KH III to throw a quick maguffin and put an arena where you can fight most of the cast, no questions.
Along with PvP.

But story-wise? Unless the "Sora will become a vessel" theorists were right all along, I don't see it.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I suppose we technically fought TAV in BBS' tutorials.

I want to fight Sora as Riku some day. Doesn't have to be KH3.

Luxu

Awards
If Riku and Sora fought, Riku would lose due to past events.

Roxas beat Riku (twice)

Sora beat Riku (twice, if you count the little duel you can do at the Destiny Islands in KH1)

So I don't think Riku would win, but I am up for it to see if the result ends in a draw or Riku prevails.

But I would think Sora would be a two phase boss fight.
1st phase: Sora only uses the Kingdom Key, transformations, forms, and complex magic.
2nd phase: Sora begins to duel wield (If he can...somehow without Ventus) attacks far quicker, using flow action, reaction commands, hard to predict tactics, more powerful light magic. Probably going into Anti Form and wildly attacking whoever then retreating if getting hit.

But I dunno, Sora would have to be quite powerful and unpredictable.

But Sora getting corrupted his highly unlikely, his heart is already strong, and his will is as strong as Terra's.

SIDE NOTE:Sora also shares Roxas' memories...This would mean he would get Roxas moves and spells, like "The End" or "Magic Hour"

SIDE NOTE OF SIDE NOTES:Also isn't the Master of Masters the strongest Keyblade Weilder? Or is he on foot with Sora?

Last edited:

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
If Riku and Sora fought, Riku would lose due to past events.

Roxas beat Riku (twice)

Sora beat Riku (twice, if you count the little duel you can do at the Destiny Islands in KH1)

So I don't think Riku would win, but I am up for it to see if the result ends in a draw or Riku prevails.

Well now, hold on.
Those are all pre-Ansemification Riku fights.
Riku shows to be kinda on par with Sora during the final fight in KH II, and as of now he's canonically stronger (way stronger, considering 0.2's ending) than Sora. If they battle, right now? Sora will lose.

Also, there's no indication Sora wins the Destiny Islands duels. I actually think he doesn't story-wise: Riku was always depicted as the better fighter until Sora got the Keyblade.

1st phase: Sora only uses the Kingdom Key, transformations, forms, and complex magic.
2nd phase: Sora begins to duel wield (If he can...somehow without Ventus) attacks far quicker, using flow action, reaction commands, hard to predict tactics, more powerful light magic. Probably going into Anti Form and wildly attacking whoever then retreating if getting hit.

Ok, KH III is a mistery, but as far as we know now Sora can't bust out Forms outside of Limit without his friends.
This is actually an interesting point: Sora's power are his friends. Most of his power is drawn by fighting alongside them, in a one on one fight... he's still strong, but not at his best. Especially not against fighters more suited to single battles.
(and of course him fighting with Donald and Goofy vs just Riku would be kinda cheating)

But Sora getting corrupted his highly unlikely, his heart is already strong, and his will is as strong as Terra's.

Really?
He got pretty corrupted in DDD alright.
Is your comparison with Terra just an intuition or are you connecting him to the Lingering Will creation somehow? Because then I think Sora is kinda weaker even on the will side.

SIDE NOTE:Sora also shares Roxas' memories...This would mean he would get Roxas moves and spells, like "The End" or "Magic Hour"

Unlikely. He didn't have them so far, why would he now.

SIDE NOTE OF SIDE NOTES:Also isn't the Master of Masters the strongest Keyblade Weilder? Or is he on foot with Sora?

Canonically Master Xehanort is the strongest one ever lived.
And even then I doubt Sora even ranks amongst the strongest.

Luxu

Awards
Well now, hold on.
Those are all pre-Ansemification Riku fights.
Riku shows to be kinda on par with Sora during the final fight in KH II, and as of now he's canonically stronger (way stronger, considering 0.2's ending) than Sora. If they battle, right now? Sora will lose.

Sora is always expressed as stronger than Riku, but if they fought now. Then yes, Riku would win. Sora as of now is as weak as an average wielder from the Chi Era (those NPCS that only have Starlight +1, now don't take this seriously. Its made to be a comparison) But if it was KH2 Sora then he would win, but all we know is this. KH3 Sora will be the most powerful version of Sora, we would have to go up against Xehanort. Who was taught by a Keyblade Master, and that Keyblade Master was taught by the Master of Masters.

Also, there's no indication Sora wins the Destiny Islands duels. I actually think he doesn't story-wise: Riku was always depicted as the better fighter until Sora got the Keyblade.

That is why I said if you even consider it. Its us, our choice as the Player effects who wins.

Ok, KH III is a mistery, but as far as we know now Sora can't bust out Forms outside of Limit without his friends.
This is actually an interesting point: Sora's power are his friends. Most of his power is drawn by fighting alongside them, in a one on one fight... he's still strong, but not at his best. Especially not against fighters more suited to single battles.
(and of course him fighting with Donald and Goofy vs just Riku would be kinda cheating)

Well, isn't KHIII adding in new forms? What if some of those can be actived without having friends around? But yeah, Sora in a Single-Battle would still tie with Riku. But, we DO play as quite a few characters that can fight at peak performance alone. Aqua, Terra, Ventus, Mickey, Riku, and our Player fall into this category.

Wow...When writing this, I thought Sora would at least prevail over Riku by a hair. But if it was a single battle, Riku would definitely wipe the floor with Sora...If Sora wasn't his friend, he would gain a bit of power by fighting Riku. So it would come down to our choice most likely...

SIDE NOTE:Upon writing this, I then remembered about that Sora isn't exactly smart...Riku could win by mere wits alone.

Really?
He got pretty corrupted in DDD alright.
Is your comparison with Terra just an intuition or are you connecting him to the Lingering Will creation somehow? Because then I think Sora is kinda weaker even on the will side.

Sora let his guard down, thus having darkness creep inside him. And me comparing him to Terra, is that they both have strong wills. That is it, Terra made Kairi's Nobody) meaning it has some sort of power, and the will of is tied with the soul. (Correct me if I am wrong, my lore about souls is a bit rusty)

Unlikely. He didn't have them so far, why would he now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbIlv_7Ox1g

Does that solve it? If you don't trust links, then I will explain it. Roxas shared his memories with Sora, and they both share powers. Anything Roxas can do, Sora can do and vice versa. It would only make sense if he could use Roxas' powers. As we have yet to have a game after 3D (That focuses on Sora, and isn't a remix)

Canonically Master Xehanort is the strongest one ever lived.
And even then I doubt Sora even ranks amongst the strongest.

...Xehanort was nearly beat by Terra, but that is probably because of his old age. But Chi is now considered cannon, meaning that the Master of Masters is the strongest one to have ever existed. And Sora does rank on the list, probably evenly with Riku.

SIDE NOTE:Now, does Mickey rank above them? Or does he rank with them?

ultima-demi said:
If KHUX is anything to go by she'll have broken buffs/debuffs and one shot you after.

Now where is that dispel medal?

Last edited:
Awards
Re Coded is still the only KH game I've never played, so I never even knew you fought a heartless version of Sora in that game lol. I just watched a quick vid of it, and I can understand the argument for it counting as a "fight against Sora", but it seemed to fight more like it's own being, rather than how the real Sora would actually fight. Whereas Mirror Aqua and the Armored Terra and Ventus fights felt more like they were buffed up versions of their true selves.

The Neverland Sora on the other hand is a fight that I've always seen more as a mini/sub-boss. Like a harder version of the Roxas clone fight in the KH2 tutorial. I definitely wouldn't count it.

I'm trying to fight the the real deal Sora, with drive forms, limit attacks (like Sonic Rave and Ars Arcanum), quick run, dodge roll, glide, flowmotion, maybe even summons. Not to mention what ever new abilities he'll get in KH3 like shotlocks and keyblade transformations. Square probably won't do it, but hey I can dream.

163px-Shadow_Sora_KH.png

Also, I don't think we should say we fought against any of the TAV trio, because:
- Lingering Will isn't the real Terra
- Armored Ventus Nightmare isn't the real Ven
- Magic Mirror!Aqua isn't the real Aqua

DefiantHeart

Awards
Fighting KH3 Sora would be something else.

Now fighting Kairi?Yes please.

Nuu. 8_8 Fighting Ava was hard enough for me since they were characters I could connect with...

Sora too. I was able to deal with Sora's heartless since it wasn't really him... just no thanks with all of this, lol. Then again, maybe it was because I had no emotions during the early years of Kingdom Hearts, that I was able to get through all of it.

Awards
Well we technically fought Sora as a boss in DDD when he was trapped in Ven's armor. Even though he had no control over his actions, it was still Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back