• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

File Ripping

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Because the princesses have nothing to do with it, those worlds were chosen because they fit the fairy tale style of the game, it's in the interview. If the princesses were important in Unchained then we would know by now.

If they don't announce Enchanted Dominion during the E3 it will never come or any other world beyond that. Why? Because new world content is really the rarest of them all. If you followed the development of [chi] you would see how long it took to even get some new rooms. Beast's Castle was released over two years after the game started, that's why "finalizing the assets" is just laughable.

You're being awfully pessimistic of the progression of Unchained X. The Princess of Hearts do have significance within the lore of X: they were the hearts of pure light that restored the worlds after they all fell into Darkness. Yes, the Princesses that we currently see are not the real deal: that doesn't mean that the real Princess of Heart will not be relevant for X/Unchained X. We just have to wait for a story update.

Story content isn't the only factor of course. Chi is likely closing because it isn't making enough revenue. Unchained is probably succeeding better and it is more accessible to fans, making it foolish for them to continue to support both. Story content isn't going to be the only factor that leads to the games success, but you have to be joshin me if you think they are unrelated. When KHUx's story "ends" I can guarantee you that numbers of active players, and thus potential revenue, will see a dramatic drop.

My thoughts exactly, Square Enix and Disney have themselves a very profitable, critically acclaimed mobile app. They're not going to waste the potential of it just because X is ending.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Story content isn't the only factor of course. Chi is likely closing because it isn't making enough revenue. Unchained is probably succeeding better and it is more accessible to fans, making it foolish for them to continue to support both. Story content isn't going to be the only factor that leads to the games success, but you have to be joshin me if you think they are unrelated. When KHUx's story "ends" I can guarantee you that numbers of active players, and thus potential revenue, will see a dramatic drop.
If the story was really a main draw of the game, they would monetize it, hide it behind paywalls and make the access for non-premium players more complicated. That's how it works for most MMORPGs for example or any other story-focused game for that matter (think of DLCs). Kazr10 wrote a nice post about this I can't find at the moment.

In [chi] they even removed all level barriers to continue the missions and all story enemies cost just 1 AP, it doesn't get more accessible than that. In fact you could start the game right now, fight some low level event Heartless, get some of the best cards available and then beat the whole story without even trying.

The focus of Unchained is a bit different, I'll give you that, but they still don't sell the story, they sell "shiny" stuff for your Avatar, for your Keyblade and for your party along with challenges you are able to beat then.

Bosshua

SO... ripping more map files, and people probably already found this, but I simply can NOT.
tumblr_o66fhqVDG81r23nero1_400.png

Prince Charming/Florian/Buckethead with Masamune. It's in the Dark Realm files, DG_0200_06_00_res, an Underworld area from the last CoD event. I'm just. Oh my god. This is hysterical.
Please get out of hell and also put that away, son. I didn't get that far last event, he's... not actually there, right?
(I think the last CoD was near April Fool's, so maybe in there for a giggle?)

Last edited:
Awards
SO... ripping more map files, and people probably already found this, but I simply can NOT.

Prince Phillip with Masamune. It's in the Dark Realm files, DG_0200_06_00_res, an Underworld area from the last CoD event. I'm just. Oh my god. This is hysterical.
Please get out of hell and also put that away, son. I didn't get that far last event, he's... not actually there, right?

Oh my god, lmao. This is my favorite thing.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
"Maleficent survived getting stabbed by the fairies' sword? Time for Plan B."

CrystalRaine

Prince Phillip with Masamune. It's in the Dark Realm files, DG_0200_06_00_res, an Underworld area from the last CoD event. I'm just. Oh my god. This is hysterical.

Sorry to be pedantic, but that's the prince from Snow White, not Phillip from Sleeping Beauty ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back