• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Renegades of Fate (Remake)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Rushed or not, I still like the changes Lee-Roy went under. :3 I believe in your old fan-fic of this, it took a lot longer for him to redeem himself.

Lunica is a new face. I get this ominous feeling she isn't one to trifle with. Iblus being a demon hidden within a body like a second skin really gets my skin crawling. I really hope Zero gets reunited with Eva soon. I don't want anything else happening to Fuzz. Sash seems like a whole braver despite his nightmares of whips. Gosh, it bugs me to no end that he under gone a torture such as that one. Nina questioning her life with Tabby and Tim intrigues me. Why was she sheltered in the dark so much? So many questions, but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. It was a really good chapter. I smiled in amusement at Lee-Roy worrying about favoritism, or wanting to be paid for, being apart of Zero's Renegade of Funk team.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Chapter 8: Holly.

Fuzz looked at the Haruno siblings. Nina had her face deep into a book, her eyes scanning the pages of the book Zero had given her. Sash was was making a few magi balls float in the air. An exercise Captain Zero had told him to do. Lee-Roy was sitting by Zero who was at the reins of Woodstock.

“So where are we going again Kupo?” The moogle boy asked with a small yawn. They had been up before the sun was, mostly training.

“Marr’s Pass, The town’s a trading town. We need to meet up with the other RoF and get supplies before I have you go to the next Myrth tree spot.” The yuke explained.

“Okay.” Fuzz mumbled before going back in and falling asleep.

Sash had gotten bored with floating the small magic balls, and slowly put them back into his weapon.

Fuzz noticed the caravan had stopped. Zero looked at them all.

“Alright, we’re here, everyone out!” Zero barked. Sash and Fuzz quickly did as the yuke ordered them. Nina was still reading her book. As Lee-Roy joined the the others Zero went into the caravan.

“Nina, I said lets go!” Zero reacted. His helmet was assaulted by the book.

“Oh Im sorry Captain, I just finished a chapter of this book like you asked. What were you saying?” The Selkie girl asked obliviously as she put the book down.

“I said get out, we made it to town.” The yuke captain growled.

Nina with a grin, quickly leaped out of the caravan. They gave their chocobo some fair well love before leaving him. The four Crystal Caravan rookies gazed at the new town they had entered. Nina could see it was mostly a lilty town, with a few clavats, and yukes waking around. It looked more lively then Tipa had been in years.

“So many people kupo!” Fuzz mumbled.

Zero heard a small ringing. He checked his pocket for the two shells.

“Eva! Love dove, Im here with the caravan. Where is everyone?” They heard their leader ask in a loving, affectionate way.

They all titled their heads as his body posture went slightly limp hearing a voice talking back to him.

“Oh, I see…no, no I understand. That sounds pretty nasty. Alright, well how long will it take?” The yuke asked the lower shell.

“ That long, huh? Well do the best you can sweetheart. We’ll stay as long as we are able to. I miss you too. Tell the boy I said hi. Alright I have to go, the kids are giving me this confused look, and I’’ll have to explain things. I love you. Bye.” Zero said while putting the shells away ending the call.

Lee-Roy was the first to say it.

“What the hell were you taking to?” The Lilty bluntly asked.

“A few of my gizmo people, and some of my yuke mages made a device that would allow anyone to communicate with other people at long distances.” Zero explained while showing them the two combined shells.

“Wow!” Fuzz, Nina, Lee-Roy, and Sash said while gazing at it.

The yuke quickly put it back into his pocket.

“So who were you talking to?” Nina asked.

“My wife, Doctor Eva Auron.” Zero stated with pride.

“Your married!?”The four young crystal cravaners gasped.

“Yes, I love her beautiful soul and mind so much, that I wanted to join her in this life till the end of time. For her, I would bring the moon down if she asked me.” Zero rambled poetically.

“Aw, that’s really sweet, and romantic, I wouldn’t have expected such love and care from, him.” The blue haired selkie swordsmen thought.

“Wait a woman can be a doctor?” Lee-Roy stupidly questioned.

“Oh course a woman can be a doctor! A woman can be whatever she well wants to be.” Nina shouted while smacking him upside the head. That started Lee-Roy, and Nina to try and fight. Sash and Fuzz were trying to stop the two, but were not being successful.

Zero dropped his sword into the ground, cracking the earth between the two, causing them to jump out of fear. After clearing his throat, the captain spoke again.

”Now if your done, asking about my personal life, and wasting my time. I have some things you four need to go get in town: We’ll need more food, water, armor, and magi. Since we’ve used up the supplies we got from the caravan.” Zero stated.

The horned yuke also pulled out a few sheet of parchment,and gave them to Nina. “Take these to the nearby black smith. They’re designs for new armor. Nina skimmed looking at the armor, and weapon blueprints.

“Would I need it?” Nina asked.

“I’d go with the light weight armor, cause you wouldn’t want this exposed.” The captain joked while poking Nina’s mid drift. Feeling flustered she covered it, till Zero plopped the sack of gill tin Nina’s hands. Sash took the blueprints.

“Now I’ll be leaving this to you, come back to the caravan when you have everything.” He ordered while he was going to walk elsewhere.

“Hey where are you going Captain Kupo?” The moogle asked. The sword welding yuke stuck his feathered thumb at the nearby pub.

“In there, Im going to go get some info, might find out if your mother passed by.” Zero said, he knew the moogle bought it with the happy look on his face. Nina, and Lee-Roy however gave him suspicious looked.

“What?” Zero asked.

“Captain, your going to just drink all day aren’t you?” Nina accused

“Well, I might have one drink, nothing wrong with it.” Zero muttered while rubbing the back of his head.

“HOLD IT!” Nina shouted stopping Zero in his tracks. “You need to stay sober to make sure you keep all the information you get, or at least go to more then one place in town to look for someone!” Nina demanded while pointing her index finger at their leader.

“….Right I’ll keep that in mind.” Zero mumbled sarcastically blowing hot air out of his helmet as he walked away.

Nina gave a low sigh. “Alright, who here other then me, knows how to shop?” Nina asked. Only Fuzz raised his hand.

“Okay, We’ll split up, Fuzz, you stay with Sash, Lee-Roy is with me.” Nina said. The three boys agreed, and they walked into town. Nina had gotten out a blizzard magi for keeping any meat or fish, frozen for the trip. Nina handed Sash and Fuzz gill and handed Fuzz the blue prints.

Sash,and Fuzz felt slightly overwhelmed, feeling lost in a sea of tiny people. While Nina ignored the glares, and stares, that she, and her brother were given. Sash, in contrast was shaking in his boots. He wanted to run back to the caravan as quickly as possible and hide. The heroine put a comforting hand on her brother’s shoulder.

“Hey Sash, don’t worry, everything’s is gonna be alright.” Nina promised with a smile.

The scarred boy gave a small smile and nodded, while turning to his moogle buddy. The Crystal Bearer then got an idea.

“Right, Fuzz, lets go ask people about your mom!” Sash stuttered with a large grin.

“Alright!” Fuzz cried out, and they ran off into the small sea of lilties.

“Hold it you two! Don’t forget to go to the blacksmith!” Nina cried out, however her words reached deaf ears.

“What are you worried about? it’s not like we’re gonna lose a moogle and crystal bearer here. We were gonna split up anyways. Lee-Roy reasoned. Nina slightly agreed with him, since she could still see the two, she just hoped they wouldn’t be too side tracked.

Luckily for Nina, and Lee-Roy, the food shops were very close, she she didn’t have to worry about those two getting kidnapped. The two took the sack of gill, and spilt it.

Nina, and Lee-Roy took two near by baskets. Nina started to go for the fruits and vegetables. The striped apples, round corn, star carrots, twisted bananas, ground potatoes, rainbow grapes, and some cheery clusters. While she wasn’t a fan of star carrots or round corn, she did love cheery clusters, and rarely got to eat them. She paid the woman at the stand the amount of gill she needed and turned to find Lee-Roy.

However something else caught her eye,a book store. She dropped the basket in front of Lee-Roy, and dashed into the book store. The girl was giggling, gazing upon rows of books. Trying to get the keep on her self control to not try and buy all the books she wanted and just focused on this one particular novel. She quickly grabbed it, bought it, and ran out the door before anyone could say she stole her new treasure.

The Bookworm was lost in her own little world, as she gazed at the cover of the sequel of her favorite novel. Lee-Roy just stood there watching as Nina was dancing around in a circle, strutting her stuff. Lee-Roy couldn’t help but snicker and grin, as Nina was dancing around to the drum of her own beat, shaking her hips, and booty, wiggling her body in joy. Lee-Roy couldn’t keep quiet anymore, and started laughing his head off. The noble boy’s laugh caused Nina to come back to reality, and stopped her dance.

“St-Stop laughing at me! I don’t get too many good books!!” Nina said with a huff.

“Oh, Oh my sides, Hahahahaha!” the midget cackled, bu soon he stopped as Nina was giving him a dirty look.

“So did that book store have any chocobo books?” Lee-Roy asked curiously.

Nina thought about it. “ Lets find out later.We need to get this stuff, and find Sash and Fuzz with the armor.” Nina stated trying to go back to being responsible.

The Lilty boy gave a groan as the two walked back to the caravan. However both Nina and Lee-Roy thought that they were being watched. The two then quickly shrugged it off, and got their food back to the caravan with a chirping Woodstock happy, to see them.

The Moogle and Crystal Bearer were dashing around town, asking as many people about Fuzz’s mother. Sash would try to his best to talk to random strangers, but once the villagers saw his crystal eye. They avoided him like the plague. All the answers Fuzz would get weren’t helpful at all.

Fuzz looked a bit discouraged, but Sash patted him on the head. They watched Lee-Roy and Nina return to the caravan.

“Cheer up, Fuzz we’ve got more people to ask….but I think we-we should help out too.” The Crystal Bearer said.

“Okay.” Fuzz mumbled as Sash put him on top of his head.

The two found directions to the local black smith. Sash backed up a bit and let Fuzz do the talking, The black smith was a older looking moogle.

“Kupo, ko Pu Ko Ku?” The older moogle asked.

“Ku ko Kupo, Kupo, Po Po.” Fuzz spoke while handing over the blue prints and some gill.

‘“Ku, po, ku, kuku po.”

“Kupo, Kupo, Po Kupo.”

Sash was zoning out since he couldn’t understand what the two were saying. The clavat’s eyes wandered to find a what looked like a young short blond clavat girl. Her blue eyes were focused on him. The girl was dressed in a long black dress. This girl made the hand gesture for him to come to her, and Sash did so…he wasn’t sure where, but he felt like he knew this girl.

“Sashy, it’s good to see you…glad your finally out and about. I would have gotten to you sooner but…It doesn’t matter Im just glad your okay.” The girl spoke in a British accent grabbing a hold the confused Crystal Bearer.

“Im sorry….but who are you?”

The small girl clearly looked hurt. “You don’t recognize me…Luci? Luci Hellsing? I got out of that prison cell for two weeks and you forget the year we spend together?” The mystery girl named Luci growled, Sash could have sworn he saw fangs and her eyes turn red.

“I-Im sorry…were you a prisoner of …him too?” Sash said a quiet voice.

“Yes…and..wait a tic…hold on Sashy, lemme see something.” Luci requested while grabbing on the Crystal Bearer’s forehead. He felt very, very weird,like someone was poking into his brain with a needle.

“Why the little demon slime ball. I knew he’d been screwing around ya head….I’m gonna rip him in half if you lot don’t.” Luci muttered.

“Uhhhh.” Was all Sash could say before the short girl put her index finger to his lips.

“ I know this is going to sound odd to you. Just trust me on this, we’re mates…not like mate mates, but friend mates.” The blond girl rambled.

Sash just nodded, more friends would be nice. Maybe he could have Nina be her friend two, that way they’d both have a new friend, which would be even better.

“…Anyways I can’t undo what he’s done to your memory yet, but I’ll make it up to you. I’ve got a gift for you. Go to the northern side of town, at the far edge of the barrier. Luci instructed while taking her hand off her supposed friend’s forehead.

“Okay…” Sash mumbled.

“But you need to go now…right now, bring the adorable puff ball or don’t.” The blond girl ordered.

“Um…okay.” Sash said as he ran towards north. Fuzz saw this and flew after his buddy. Seeing the two go off, Luci gave mischievous grin.

“I hope you like it buddy. Im sure the riffraff won’t be a bother to you. The blond girl said as she ran into an alley way, and vanished into a group of bats that flew away.

The Crystal Bearer and moogle went off the farthest edge of town like the girl said. “Kupo this seems pretty fishy.” Fuzz muttered

“What do you mean Fuzz?” Sash asked looking around for whatever gift Luci told him was here.

“Im saying we should go back with the others and forget about this mystery weirdo girl supposed gift.” The moogle advised.

The two boys then heard a girl scream.
They turned their heads to find a caravan wagon and three men, one short, one tall, and thin, the last one was large and fat. All three wore brown hooded robes, carrying daggers and a whip on their sides.

They dragged out a young girl, with long brown. Her frightened brown eyes looked around the room, as she was gagged with a rag wrapped around her mouth, her thin body was covered by a brown sack tied by a rope around her waste. Her neck was covered by a metal collar with a chain warped around her neck, a heavy ball and chain around her ankle, and metal shackles around her wrists chained together. The girl and her captors took notice of the novice crystal caravaners.

“Hey unless one of you is the buyer, beat it!’ The fat one snarled.

“This little cutie’s gonna make us some gill. hehehe.” The short one giggled while grabbing hold of the crying girl’s face.

“Hey…Maybe we could get a good price for the kid and the moogle.” The thin one mused while pulling out his dagger.

Fuzz looked horrified, and Sash had a look of pure rage. This girl needed help, and he was going give her it. He would act as Nina and his father would, heroically. If he was going to stand up against Ibluis then he needed to stand up for others as well.

“Luci, you have very weird tastes in gifts.” Sash thought to himself before his pulled out his caster gun.

“Alright, Im going to give you once chance to let the girl go and leave!” Sash barked rage flowing through him. The slavers didn’t look to impressed.

“Why don’t you make us kid!” The skinny slaver taunted.

“Well its’ your funerals get em kupo!” Fuzz cheered.

Sash pulled the trigger shooting out a blizzard spell, freezing the skinny slaver’s head solid, forcing him to drop on the floor. The short one charged at the crystal bearer, only to be lifted up in mid air with a wave of the dark haired boy’s free hand. The short slaver then ate the floor, being forced right back down. Then swiftly ripped back into the air, and forced to crash into the Caravan smashing the wooden parts in the bits. The fat slaver cracked his whip making Sash flinch, and panic.

The slaver saw this and used the opportunity to throw his dagger at the Crystal Bearer, it handed in his shoulder. In retaliation, Fuzz pulled out his cross bow and shot the slaver in the his left knee, and Sash shot out his last magi. It was a thunder magi knocking the wicked fool unconscious.

Fuzz had removed the dagger, and then used his own moogle magic to heal his best buddy’s wounds. It wasn’t the best healing job, but it would do. The two Renegades of Fate made their way to the know panicking captive.

“No-no, it’s okay, we’re gonna help you.” Sash said trying to assure her, he was able to remove the ball and chain, but felt very worn out. Like his body was telling him, not to use it powers anymore.

Sash helped the girl wobble upright, the girl’s knees were shaking. The blue haired boy removed the gag around her mouth.

“You….both saved me. ” The girl said in a shocked manner. The two heroes gave her smiles.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you.” The girl repeated as she held onto her follow clavat, and cried into his chest.

Nether boys knew what to do. However Sash just held on there her.

“Don’t worry, it’s okay, it’s okay, it’s okay.” Sash said trying to comfort the crying girl.

“Can you move?” Fuzz asked, he saw the girl shake her head.

“No, I cannot feel my legs.”The clavat girl whimpered.

The boy used a tiny bit of his powers to lift and carry the girl in his arms. It hurt but to him it was worth it.

“Don’t worry we’ll get you some food, and my Sister Nina can fix you.Im Sash, and that’s Fuzz, what’s your name?” The Crystal Bearer asked.

“Yo Kupo.” Fuzz said giving the clavat girl a cat like smile.

The girl was taken aback at these strangers kindness. After returning to mean part of Marr’s Pass she spoke, “ I am Holly, it’s a good a name as any since I cannot recall anything else.” The clavat girl admitted

“It-it’s a very pretty name. I mean your also pretty I mean….oh look a food stand!” Sash admitted while stuttering causing the girl named Holly to form a ghost of a smile.

“Crystal Bearer, Sash I don’t mean to sound…ungrateful, but why would ether of you help me? I have nothing to offer you. I am worth nothing….I am nothing.” Holly said a voice full defeat and misery. Like her spirt had been broken.

Sash frowned then smiled.

“Because…..it was the right thing to do. I understand what it’s like to be in trouble and have no one to save you till it’s almost too late. And I don’t think your nothing. Your something special to me.” Sash said out loud.

“ Then once again…thank you, my hero.” She weakly mumbled closing her eyes. She didn’t understand why, but she felt something she hadn’t in a while.
She felt safe.

End of Chapter.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I almost thought Luci was leading Sash and Fuzz into a trap! I'm glad it lead them to Holly. Sash standing up to the jerks was incredibly brave of him to do. I like how everyone suspects Zero of getting drunk. lol. I would be too. Of course, I like how Zero reveals he's married. I miss Eva. <3 And I can totally relate to Nina's excitement over a new book. Although, I don't dance around when I have it. xD Overall, I loved this new chapter. And it was a load of fun to read. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back