• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy III - "crystal tower masochism"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
If I didn't JUST master my DS version last year (after 5 years of owning it), I would totally snatch this up.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
If I didn't JUST master my DS version last year (after 5 years of owning it), I would totally snatch this up.

I believe I beat my DS version, however, I did not "master" it as you call it. Sadly, I don't think I ever will. I don't have the drive for it...

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I believe I beat my DS version, however, I did not "master" it as you call it. Sadly, I don't think I ever will. I don't have the drive for it...

It took 5 years to do it on my end. I just don't have the strength for an immediate turnaround. xD

I love FFIII, but it's not that engaging for me to level 99 everyone's job classes all over again. I have other games I need to get around to. Have fun, ya'll! 8D

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
With any luck I'll be picking this up later today.

Had to upgrade to Service Pack 3 just to install Media Go so I could download on my computer then transfer.

and THEN I had to redo my entire CFW up to 6.60 (it was a 6.20 one) so I could even transfer things TO the PSP.

This'll be worth it though. So worth it.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Then you must really dislike Final Fantasy IX too :tongue:

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I guess you played the DS version then? The PSP remake is the best version of that game by far! If only there was a HD version of it available on the PS3. It's pretty much perfect otherwise.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Don't like the 3d sprites that have been used for the FF remakes. I don't like playing as a grown man that looks like chubby 13 year old kid. 2d sprites ftw

But those 2d sprites look super-deformed to me too. Especially when scaled against the monsters they're fighting (which for some reason look way more realistic). I like the stylization of the DS remakes. A lot. But I also loved IX's style. At least everything looks cohesive, you know? I really hope they do that with V and VI on the 3DS. *u*

*finally watches the Eternal Wind submissions compilation*

Roronoa Zoro

Always on the lookout for aliens
Don't really see why you should care but I might b
I guess you played the DS version then? The PSP remake is the best version of that game by far! If only there was a HD version of it available on the PS3. It's pretty much perfect otherwise.

Yeah I played the DS version first then quit after awhile. When it came out for the PSP I bought it but when it was doing the firmware update the I accidentally unplugged the charger and my psp bricked -.- Since then my psp has not been used, and sometimes I longingly look at the FFIV Complete Collection case and cry to myself.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Don't like the 3d sprites that have been used for the FF remakes. I don't like playing as a grown man that looks like chubby 13 year old kid. 2d sprites ftw

You don't appreciate Akihiko Yoshida's art style? The man is one of the best artists at SE and this was a really nice and unique style change, especially for a system that had graphical limitations. They'd had to get creative with how the character models looked.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
You don't appreciate Akihiko Yoshida's art style? The man is one of the best artists at SE and this was a really nice and unique style change, especially for a system that had graphical limitations. They'd had to get creative with how the character models looked.

You know I had the craziest hunch that he was the character designer for this game and I was right xD I could tell the style was pretty close to Bravely Default: Flying Fairy.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
So I just bought this game on the Vita, and I'm wondering for the PSP/Vita version did they take out the Duplicate item glitch/hack or whatever it is. I know because I played the DS version of this game from a friend and he said it helped him. Just wondering if they took it out of the PSP/Vita version?

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Seems like the OUYA version will be the one to get! It's going to feel so much better playing it on my HDTV!

Back