• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► Final Fantasy in the DLC

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

2 quid is good

Awards
Amazing that some people demanded they be in KH3 and then, when they get to Re Mind, say that these characters had no reason to ultimately be there. Like, no shit, that's why they weren't in the base game.
You can say that for anything really, it's never been an argument that held much water when it came to FF characters, even when it came from Nomura's mouth

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
You can say that for anything really, it's never been an argument that held much water when it came to FF characters, even when it came from Nomura's mouth
The truth is literally nobody "expected" what Chaser implied, out of Re:Mind or for the base KH3--that's just dismissive hyperbole. There was reason for FF characters to be in base KH3--and the DLC does nothing to fill that hole, and was never going to. They were a cameo. It was what we already knew to expect from descriptions of the DLC; we also knew without even seeing it that a cameo wasn't ever going to remove that criticism of KH3. I wouldn't even call it a bandaid. It's nice for what it is, no more and no less. So let's not pretend that people who were critical of the lack of FF in KH3 should now be "satisfied, that we got what we wanted"--that's just nonsensical and stirring for an argument. And arguing with people who don't care about the lack of FF in KH3 anyway is beating a dead horse.

Last edited:

2 quid is good

Awards
And arguing with people who don't care about the lack of FF in KH3 anyway is beating a dead horse.
Over the last year I've come to realise just how true the statement is, many KH fans have bought into the idea that they aren't and never were "important". Well what is importance?

Is it Ienzo expositing into a speakerphone with exactly one tone of voice, or is it Yuffie having 1/5 of his screentime yet showcasing a wide variety of emotions and interactions and personality in general. Or can it actually be that both are equally important in different trajectories?

It would be insanely boring if we constantly had to go through such dull interactions and voice acting/animations but it would also be unfulfilling if we has a game that while had a lot of fun personality is ultimately light on plot. I dunno, I think people are just wrong when they say there is no need for FF characters.

And I can write pages and pages (and I have done) but all they need to say is "well I don't really care/don't think they're important" and that's the end of that. Just because it is the way it is now doesn't make it right

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yes, there are many people who didn't/don't care about FF characters, and that's their prerogative. Just like I don't enjoy PIXAR properties in KH, they can not like FF. Everyone has their own concerns.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Over the last year I've come to realise just how true the statement is, many KH fans have bought into the idea that they aren't and never were "important". Well what is importance?

Is it Ienzo expositing into a speakerphone with exactly one tone of voice, or is it Yuffie having 1/5 of his screentime yet showcasing a wide variety of emotions and interactions and personality in general. Or can it actually be that both are equally important in different trajectories?

It would be insanely boring if we constantly had to go through such dull interactions and voice acting/animations but it would also be unfulfilling if we has a game that while had a lot of fun personality is ultimately light on plot. I dunno, I think people are just wrong when they say there is no need for FF characters.

And I can write pages and pages (and I have done) but all they need to say is "well I don't really care/don't think they're important" and that's the end of that. Just because it is the way it is now doesn't make it right
^ To me anyway, "importance" is "what do they provide?" What did Ienzo provide by telling Sora something that Riku should already have before leaving? What did Marluxia provide by talking about something that goes completely ignored for hours until Larxene brings it up again? What did Ansem SoD provide that wasn't taken care of through Isa and the Secret Reports? What did Phil provide?!?!

Like you were saying, Yuffie (and Cid!) provided so much needed personality and energy. And I think that's pretty important.

It's fine if some people don't care for the FF characters. I don't care about Frozen. What gets me is when these people "don't care" so vehemently that they completely disregard how these characters functioned in the story simply because of their origins and put other fans down for wanting them.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
To be honest, the Cloud-Sephiroth feud sorta ended in KH2. But yeah, one could make the argument of "closure" to include them and also add the fact that the Remake is right around the corner, but after the scene we got, Cloud would have been one too plenty. Cid, Squall, Yuffi and Aerith felt just right (for the role they were given).

Whichever future KH game features FF characters once more i'm sure they'll try to make them more relevant.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
To be honest, the Cloud-Sephiroth feud sorta ended in KH2. But yeah, one could make the argument of "closure" to include them and also add the fact that the Remake is right around the corner, but after the scene we got, Cloud would have been one too plenty. Cid, Squall, Yuffi and Aerith felt just right (for the role they were given).

Whichever future KH game features FF characters once more i'm sure they'll try to make them more relevant.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

AleMustDie

Awards
I expect the warrior Seifer , Squall and maybe Rinoa.
For Sephiroth, well, he 's gonna be a Extra Boss again Im pretty sure.

They included FF in Re:Mind not for the fans, but more like a preview.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
This to me sounded like a never ending struggle between these two. It's a shame they are a package deal though.
It's pretty much a callback to the story from FINAL FANTASY VII and how Sephiroth is pretty much engraved in Cloud's mind after the trauma's he suffered and PTSD. The final battle in FFVII is pretty much Cloud confronting his inner Sephiroth, which is the reason as to why Sephiroth could exercise control over Cloud in FF7: Cloud's trauma.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
What do you think about them?

Spoiler Spoiler Show
They got their happy ending in KH2 though... their goal was always to save Hollow Bastion and restore it. In KH3 it's clearly restored and everything is fine.

I mean I like that we get to see them again, but that's probably the most that they can even do. They never cared to leave Radiant Garden to help Sora (even though they can clearly travel worlds). It would have been nice for them to jump into the fight with Yen Sid, but whatever. I didn't miss them when I first played KH3.

I guess it's a good thing I didn't watch the trailer because when I saw them I was surprised and enjoyed what (little) we got.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
They got their happy ending in KH2 though... their goal was always to save Hollow Bastion and restore it. In KH3 it's clearly restored and everything is fine.

I mean I like that we get to see them again, but that's probably the most that they can even do. They never cared to leave Radiant Garden to help Sora (even though they can clearly travel worlds). It would have been nice for them to jump into the fight with Yen Sid, but whatever. I didn't miss them when I first played KH3.

I guess it's a good thing I didn't watch the trailer because when I saw them I was surprised and enjoyed what (little) we got.
Technically, but there's a big difference between the world being fully restored and having that being acknowledged. KH3 treated RG like it's destruction never happened. Have Ienzo be surprised it's just like how he remembered it. Take the 10 seconds to have Ienzo say he heard about the Restoration Committee and wants to thank them for their hard work, but they left for the mainland in the meantime. (Oh wow. Giving an effortless in-story reason for their absence!)

Having it restored just to turn it into nothing more than a backdrop is silly. The RG castle scenes in the base game are dull, empty, and super awkward without the Leon and crew around.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
(even though they can clearly travel worlds)
Just a friendly reminder: Cid is a Gummi Ship engineer. I imagine they could travel from Hollow Bastian to Traverse Town and then back to HB because of Cid.

It would have been nice for them to jump into the fight with Yen Sid,
Correct. Xehanort was an impending doom to all of the worlds, plus he is the reason as to why their master Ansem was banished, he took his name and ruined Radiant Garden.

I didn't miss them when I first played KH3.
I mean, after countless media without them (from coded 'til now), we pretty much got used to them just not being, but expectations were high for KHIII.

I was mildly suspicious that were were gonna end up with that small cutscene. :/

Take the 10 seconds to have Ienzo say he heard about the Restoration Committee and wants to thank them for their hard work, but they left for the mainland in the meantime. (Oh wow. Giving an effortless in-story reason for their absence!)
And apologize, seeing as how Ienzo was partly responsible for some of the wrongdoings.

Having it restored just to turn it into nothing more than a backdrop is silly. The RG castle scenes in the base game are dull, empty, and super awkward without the Leon and crew around.
I hope next game features a more detailed and fully fledged Radiant Garden. We deserve that the bits and pieces that we got in BBS get all unified and given to us in glorious Unreal Engine 4, hahaah.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I mean, after countless media without them (from coded 'til now), we pretty much got used to them just not being, but expectations were high for KHIII.
Because they and their world always had focus in the numbered titles before, and this was a finale, so it made sense to expect them.

And apologize, seeing as how Ienzo was partly responsible for some of the wrongdoings.
DARN SKIPPY HE SHOULD!

I hope next game features a more detailed and fully fledged Radiant Garden. We deserve that the bits and pieces that we got in BBS get all unified and given to us in glorious Unreal Engine 4, hahaah.
It's funny how KH3 kept giving Radiant Garden more importance with Subject X and Isa's reports, on top of the importance it already has, but nothing was really done there. Hopefully this place gets the attention it deserves next time.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Just a friendly reminder: Cid is a Gummi Ship engineer. I imagine they could travel from Hollow Bastian to Traverse Town and then back to HB because of Cid.

Correct. Xehanort was an impending doom to all of the worlds, plus he is the reason as to why their master Ansem was banished, he took his name and ruined Radiant Garden.

I was mildly suspicious that were were gonna end up with that small cutscene. :/

But why would we have to return to Radiant Garden, like actually go there and explore? Heartless are not there anymore, so it will just be one gigantic world with nothing to do except running around. I think it's the same reason that Destiny Islands probably won't ever be playable again, but will be cutscene only.

I mean they could do Radiant Garden like Twilight Town in KH3, where it has one dedicated area with enemies, but... I dunno. After Radiant Garden really shined in KH2, I don't really want or expect anything from there.

I was bringing up the fact that the Final Fantasy gang can easily travel worlds to back up my point that the gang don't seem to care about Sora enough to join him in big fights. In KH1, they just stayed in Hollow Bastion reading books in the library instead of going with Sora to face the Ansem that ruined their home world. In KH2, instead of joining Sora at the World That Never Was to kill Xemnas, they were entering tournaments in The Underworld. Honestly I thought that their absence through all of KH3 would have been great IF they had a grand appearance and joined the fight at the Keyblade Graveyard in a surprise appearance.

But I still think that there's nothing really left for them, plus I kind of want to see different FF characters. Where's Balthier, Fran, Lightning, Cecil etc?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I was bringing up the fact that the Final Fantasy gang can easily travel worlds to back up my point that the gang don't seem to care about Sora enough to join him in big fights.
The only issue is that without a keyblade they should theoretically be restricted and stuck in theor own world after KH1 restored the barriers. Obviously KH2 muddies the waters by having them appear in the Coliseum, but we don't know if that's canon or even really them.

Also regarding Radiant Garden being heartless free, that's not guaranteed and the heartless do seem to show up there where the villains go post KH1, so if the world becomes of interested they can always be sent there.

With Destiny Island it's even implied in Days that Xion did missions there, so heartless had been appearing there in the a year post KH1.

Back