• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy IX

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy IX - "This is an age-old ritual between friends!"

Thanks, but I think speed run for Excalibur II is much more challenging.

I don't know, if you know the game really well I don't think it would really be a problem. Otherwise I read a couple people were cheesing it, but that's kind of lame.

BlueTearS-

Re: Final Fantasy IX - "This is an age-old ritual between friends!"

I don't know, if you know the game really well I don't think it would really be a problem. Otherwise I read a couple people were cheesing it, but that's kind of lame.

I would do a one playthrough to remember where I have to go or what to do, but what I am afraid is that doing a speed run I would be underleveled for the bosses and I would not not be able to beat them.

Maybe the bosses have been hard when I was younger, now I don't know. Absolutely speed run won't be my first playthrough.

Zul

Awards
Re: Final Fantasy IX - PS4 Port Available Now

I do want to attempt excal II at one point but...it's just now how I play games, and I don't think a competition-type reward should be catered towards a speed-runner type player. Speedrunners don't usually look for the strongest weapon, they try to rush all the way to the end as fast as possible. A min-maxing speed-runner would consider checking the pillar a waste of a precious second.

Also how were people cheesing it?

Max

Staff member
Awards

I do want to attempt excal II at one point but...it's just now how I play games, and I don't think a competition-type reward should be catered towards a speed-runner type player. Speedrunners don't usually look for the strongest weapon, they try to rush all the way to the end as fast as possible. A min-maxing speed-runner would consider checking the pillar a waste of a precious second.

Also how were people cheesing it?

People were basically letting their playstations stay on with the game on so the game timer is constantly ticking. After a loooooooong time the timer will roll over and the weapon will be available again.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

People were basically letting their playstations stay on with the game on so the game timer is constantly ticking. After a loooooooong time the timer will roll over and the weapon will be available again.

Who on earth leaves their console on for two years to get an unnecessary lategame weapon? Wtf really.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Who on earth leaves their console on for two years to get an unnecessary lategame weapon? Wtf really.
Two years? The counter resets after 100 hours...

Max

Staff member
Awards

It does take about 2 years. After doing a little bit of research, these posts explain it pretty alright: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/197338-final-fantasy-ix/53350956

I remember back in the PS1/PS2 days reading about people having cheesed the Excalibur 2 this way. I'm curious if there is anybody desperate enough to attempt it on PS4, or if it would even work on PS4 considering the port we're working with.

The better option is just to learn the game and do it legit haha.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Wait, really? Lel, I guess then it was a different game where it takes like two years... :D

It does take about 2 years. After doing a little bit of research, these posts explain it pretty alright: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/197338-final-fantasy-ix/53350956

I remember back in the PS1/PS2 days reading about people having cheesed the Excalibur 2 this way. I'm curious if there is anybody desperate enough to attempt it on PS4, or if it would even work on PS4 considering the port we're working with.

The better option is just to learn the game and do it legit haha.
Huh, my apologies, I was wrong.

That is.... certainly interesting and a horrible way to 'cheese' this weapon.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Still no fix for the music bug on PS4 for either this or FFVII.

Zul

Awards

Yeah trying to get two-years worth of on-time on a save file borders on absurd. Even more so when you consider that 9999 damage per hit is achievable easily without Excal II.

Also it should be a rather minor script change to make this cheese impossible anyway.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards

I'm trying to get my platinum, but I'm worried that the 10000 enemies may be glitched. I haven't exactly been keeping track, but there's no way that I haven't killed that many in the course of the games grinding and post game grinding. It's also unfortunate I had to start a new game to try and get the S Rank Treasure stuff, but I missed some story trophies without realizing it at first anyway.

Max

Staff member
Awards

I want so many (all) of these.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

If IX is the first FF series honored by BA (if we don't count the KH ver. of Cloud and Sephiroth), I'll take it. We've been shafted on PAK for so long. Ugh. Freya will be miiine~

[initiating savings self-destruct]

Scorseselover

Zidane and Garnet are my favorite FF couple. With Locke and Celes in second place and Cloud and Tina in third.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

Zidane & Garnet are really the only canon couple I like from the FF series. Yuna and Tidus are a distant second. Squall and Rinoa are the worst. I would like Cloud and Tifa together, but the official pairing is really Cloud and Aerith (and I don't care for it), right?

Back