• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy IX

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
So I just finished FF9

...I need like several tissues. That ending almost broke me. It might be my favorite Final Fantasy. Too early to say since I'm going through my FF marathon and FF9 was the first one and I've only play 15 and Remake officially. Playing FF6 next (original, on the SNES classic) but FF9 set a precedent for me. I did not expect this game to be as good as it was.

Zul

Awards
It's by far my favorite FF too, and yeah I find Vivi's death way more tragic than the other well known ones.

I'm currently doing an Excalibur II "perfect game" run (have to play the whole game at level 1) and it's agony, I don't think I'd every try it on the PS1 version (I have a fast-forward button for steam version.)

Plus this is probably the only time I'm ever going to get Excalibur II because it runs contrary to how I play RPGs, talking to every NPC and taking in every detail slowly.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
^ That's why I've never done it. It's easy to get through the game fast if speed is the point, but I get my enjoyment from IX by savoring everything and speaking with all the characters, looking into every cranny, and so on.

Zul

Awards
Oh man....that...was....HORRIBLE. I would recommend AGAINST doing this, tons of the challenge was RNG based, having to reset a bajillion times just hoping the boss wouldn't 1-shot me.

LVE2.png

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I remember that Coca Cola Commercial, was one of the first downloaded internet videos I had back then. If I looked hard enough I bet I would find it on one of my old burned backup CDs, :ROFLMAO:

---
O gosh, I remember the whole "Exaclibur II"-stuff and that I never ever even attempted to get it because you can't really enjoy the game if you have to blitz through 7/8 of it just to get that single sword.
The abilities it teaches aren't even unique as I remember you could teach Steiner those abilities by using either two or three different other swords, one of them being the Ragnarok which was always my endgame weapon for him.

Elysium

Awards
Just daydreaming about how wonderful a IX remake would be, particularly the idea of this moment of Kuja's:
1642127004471.png

But with this model:
1642127518614.png

Just if they ever did, they need to get some better voice actors. I wasn't crazy about Zidane's and Kuja's VAs in Dissidia (Zidane's was better than Kuja's though), and of course Vivi in KH2, dear Lord. And I know it goes without saying, but Amano's artwork just remains gorgeous and luscious. He even makes a picture of Queen Brahne a masterpiece:

1642126544820.png

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Just daydreaming about how wonderful a IX remake would be, particularly the idea of this moment of Kuja's:
View attachment 14827

But with this model:
View attachment 14828

Just if they ever did, they need to get some better voice actors. I wasn't crazy about Zidane's and Kuja's VAs in Dissidia (Zidane's was better than Kuja's though), and of course Vivi in KH2, dear Lord. And I know it goes without saying, but Amano's artwork just remains gorgeous and luscious. He even makes a picture of Queen Brahne a masterpiece:

View attachment 14826
I liked Zidane's voice actor, but I also wouldn't be opposed to a recast. I also wasn't a fan of Kuja's VA.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
View attachment 14827

But with this model:
View attachment 14828

View attachment 14826
Probably just use whoever they'll get for the tv show.

Elysium

Awards
You would think that, but remember how they dumped all the staple VII actors for its remake. *shrug* And I thought most of them were perfect as those characters, too. I still haven't bought the VII Remake. I plan to wait until all the parts are out, or perhaps wait to see if they might re-release them all packaged into one soon after the release of the final part (God-willing with DLC added onto the disc). Since I've never held much attachment to VII, it's not hard to wait it out.

Elysium

Awards
Toonami's airing some show called Made in Abyss. I guess because I had it on the brain recently, but I couldn't help thinking that the voice actor (Luci Christian) for the Reg character there would be a decent fit for Vivi.

Awards
You would think that, but remember how they dumped all the staple VII actors for its remake. *shrug* And I thought most of them were perfect as those characters, too. I still haven't bought the VII Remake. I plan to wait until all the parts are out, or perhaps wait to see if they might re-release them all packaged into one soon after the release of the final part (God-willing with DLC added onto the disc). Since I've never held much attachment to VII, it's not hard to wait it out.
This is controversial, but I'm GLAD that Newbern is gone as Sephiroth. As someone who studied the character for 16 years (from the OG FFVII), Newbern was only good as a placeholder voice actor, he never really got down the character's pissed anger, arrogance, or insanity, he always seemed superficial to me. Sure, the Newbern got the the character's strength-intimidation, the monotone quality (which I assume appeals to a lot of people for a villain/hero, but I honestly couldn't care less about it.), but that's almost besides the point of Sephiroth's character. Sephiroth's not Superman, he's a military hero, not a superhero, a calculated machine-sort of man. More sophisticated. Aside from maybe a couple of scenes in Crisis Core (like where Sephiroth describes Project Genesis), we never really heard or saw that from Newbern.

Truthfully, I also thought that Burton's voice fit Cloud better than Newbern did for Sephiroth. Both Lance Bass and Tyler Hoechlin (who seems to be doing a light impression of Newbern's Sephiroth?) got Sephiroth down better because they understood that he's an arrogant creep, not a "my power level is over 9000, and you cannot dare stand against me!" type of character.

Elysium

Awards

I didn't know a FFIX remake was a part of the Geforce leak? I hope it's true. Although, I'd prefer if it was one full game rather than being split into parts to suck money out of people like the VII remake.

Lulcy

Awards
Because I'm seeing this, I'm begging fans getting mega hyped about FF9 Remake 'cos it was on the Nvidia leak to exercise caution and temper expectations, FF9 remake will not look like FF7R or even Dissidia but something like Secret/Trials of Mana remakes or something.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's a thing though that the older FF titles before X were very broad and diverse in scale with whole traversable world maps spanning multiple continents and sometimes dozens of towns, villages and natural locations.

To transform all this into current gen graphical assets takes quite some more time to develop than it did back in the 90s and early 2000s so I can see why they split up older FF remakes into multiple parts besides the certainly present money issue: to save development time.

2 quid is good

Awards
It's a thing though that the older FF titles before X were very broad and diverse in scale with whole traversable world maps spanning multiple continents and sometimes dozens of towns, villages and natural locations.

To transform all this into current gen graphical assets takes quite some more time to develop than it did back in the 90s and early 2000s so I can see why they split up older FF remakes into multiple parts besides the certainly present money issue: to save development time.
we don't need a fully open world map though like what XV and 7R are trying to be, we can just have a traversable overworld world map exactly like how they were in the og game, I feel like that factor alone would considerably lessen dev time

Elysium

Awards
I agree. I don't need them to make the world map look any different in scope than the original. They can just make it a little more detailed and realistic-looking, that's all, and I would be satisfied.

Awards
I think graphic wise it will look similar to KH3. The intention of the original FF9 was to have it look like a picture book, and graphics like that would definitely suit it.

I'd also like to see the gameplay be a combination of FF7R's combat and FF12's gambit system.

Back