• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy IX

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards
Lp0QOOe.png

DEVELOPERSquare
PUBLISHERSquaresoft, Square Enix
DIRECTORHiroyuki Ito
PRODUCERHironobu Sakaguchi, Shinji Hashimoto
PROGRAMMERHiroshi Kawai
ARTISTHideo Minaba
WRITERHironobu Sakaguchi
COMPOSERNobuo Uematsu
PLATFORMPlayStation, PC, iOS, Android
RELEASE DATEEarly 2016
OFFICIAL WEBSITEFINAL FANTASY IX for SP & PC | SQUARE ENIX
STEAM WEBSITEFINAL FANTASY IX on Steam

Last edited by a moderator:
S

ssj4 vegeta supreme

Re: Final fantasy 9 Reborn

well ive already done that why dont you see if you can get the excaliber 2 for those who dont know how to get it beat lich just before the crystal world in just 12 hours which is SOLID even for the experts i came close how about we try that aswell eliwood i just a suggestion

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards

Ok we can try it for those who want to, i personally wont because i take a long time just running around training :D

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards

robd321 said:
Yeah the 12 hour challenge is a better idea. I might try it.
It's really hard, I mean, I can do it, but I won't have time to enjoy the things in the game and I'll also be real weak by the time I reach Hades because I didn't have enough time to battle and get strong.

1WingedDemonCloud

i did it..but it ruined the game for me....i didnt enjoy the storyline even though i already beat it...FF9 was a weird game due to all the sidequests....

Also getting SAVE THE QUEEN is hard....do all the sidequests....and the ending changes....SPOILER

SPOILER

If you get all the sidequests done in FF9 Betrix wont come back shell resign and Stiner will end upw ith Save the Queen....it really doesnt change the ending just that part where stiner says no dont go instead he takes it lol

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards

If you get all the sidequests done in FF9 Betrix wont come back shell resign and Stiner will end upw ith Save the Queen....it really doesnt change the ending just that part where stiner says no dont go instead he takes it lol[/QUOTE]

That sucks, I'd rather stick to the original ending instead then.

1WingedDemonCloud

yeah the original is better MUCH better

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com

o_O wow 12 hours..my friend tried to do that but he got aorund 13 hours..

if i tried rushing i would probally still get bout 18 hours...

most of my actual playthroughs are 50 for just a playthrough and like 70 for trying all the harder sidequests..

1WingedDemonCloud

i usualy do 120 hours.........but then again i never turn off my PS2 LOL

Darik

Any new on this game? I just saw something in a magizine that a friend had here.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Final Fantasy IX is one of my favorites in the series. It hearkens back to the good old days before the main characters started to look metrosexual. Plus, Yoshitaka Amano was the character designer this time.

I <3 Amano

KingM911

Watching government officials roshambo in order to
Yeah, it was my first FF game, as well. Made me fall in love with the whole series. Looking back, it's one of my favorite games of all time, though, I'd have to say that FF7 was better in terms of content. I really liked the cast of characters in IX; it was very difficult at times to choose who I wanted to use...

KingM911

Watching government officials roshambo in order to
Square Ninja said:
Elaborate.

Alright: FF7 had way better Limit Breaks, more optional bosses (which were wicked hard), you could customize your characters, anyone could summon, there were optional characters, the setting had some cool modern stuff (motorcycles, cars, cannons, Midgar, etc.), the main enemy seemed eviler than in IX (Sephiroth>Kuja), and you could get attacks/skills that did more than 9999 damage.

Don't get me wrong, I love FFIX, but when I played FFVII and FFVIII, I realized how much cool stuff that there should have been in the game. Most dissappointing was the lack of a rapid-slashing limit break for the main character like in VII, VII, and X. Sure there was Hades and Ozma to beat up on, but they pale in comparison to Ruby and some of the weapons.
But, the best thing (I think) about IX, was how you could actually 'learn' skills and equip them to have permanent effects in battle. ((The auto-haste+auto-regen combo was awesome)) I just liked being able to be immune to poison and such without having to change equipment. Oh, and I also liked how you could equip five items instead of only two or three.

Well anyway, that's what I think.

Last edited:

shortythugsta

G0t anth1ng 2 say b1+ch ?
KingM911 said:
Alright: FF7 had way better Limit Breaks, more optional bosses (which were wicked hard), you could customize your characters, anyone could summon, there were optional characters, the setting had some cool modern stuff (motorcycles, cars, cannons, Midgar, etc.), the main enemy seemed eviler than in IX (Sephiroth>Kuja), and you could get attacks/skills that did more than 9999 damage.

Don't get me wrong, I love FFIX, but when I played FFVII and FFVIII, I realized how much cool stuff that there should have been in the game. Most dissappointing was the lack of a rapid-slashing limit break for the main character like in VII, VII, and X. Sure there was Hades and Ozma to beat up on, but they pale in comparison to Ruby and some of the weapons.
But, the best thing (I think) about IX, was how you could actually 'learn' skills and equip them to have permanent effects in battle. ((The auto-haste+auto-regen combo was awesome)) I just liked being able to be immune to poison and such without having to change equipment. Oh, and I also liked how you could equip five items instead of only two or three.

i agree except i hared that u hadk to press x when cloud had to run

M

MegaFlare

KingM911 said:

I tend to strongly disagree here. I hate how FFVII characters could be anything, no one had a special thing that was theirs alone --- (ie: summoning, attacking, black magic, white magic). You could put all white magic materia on cloud and make him a white mage for whatever concern, but with FFIX, everyone had a special skill of their own. As far as the FFVII villains compared to Ozma-- Have you even beat Ozma? I beat Emerald Weapon a couple times, (which took quite awhile, mind you) I have never beat Ozma to this day. I haven't played FFIX in a long time, but Ozma has to be one of the most difficult I've ever battled against, far more difficult than Emerald and Ruby from FFVII. (Ruby was actually easy if you know what to do, I beat Ruby on the second try). The battles of FFIX were far more fun, IMO, and I loved how you could learn things from weapons (auto-regen, ect)

I fail to see how FFVII is better in terms of content. FFIX had much better music, a much more beautiful storyline, and a better battle system.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
I agree with Flare. Part of why I preferred IX to VII is because each character was unique and had a use in battle. It's not your party that matters in VII, it's your materia. The key to success in VII is to "out-cheese" your opponent with combinations that make you invicible and pump out huge amounts of damage. IX, on the other hand, took strategy and planning because of its limitations.

Materia=crap
Character classes=awesome

Back