• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy...the series will go on...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartless1990

Final Fantasy XII will be coming out...

Then...they will DEFINETELY continue the saga...

But...imagine the title: "Final Fantasy XIII"...which you have to pronounce "Final Fantasy Thirteen".

Continue on and it's "Final Fantasy XIV; Final Fantasy Fourteen"

After XII, the numbers are becoming a nuisance. I think they should stop numbering the future Final Fantasy games.

They should make the future FF games like: "Final Fantasy: [subtitle]"

I love FF. I'd wish they never end the series...but that goes against me when they release..."Final Fantasy Twentyeight".

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
Actually, there is a rumour that it could stop at FF:XIII. In an interveiw many a years ago, the main FF huncho back then said that it was a good number to end the great saga... could still be true, might not be. No one knows.

But as for numbers being a nuicsance. They don't bother me. I'd rather have those than subtitles. Subtitles are often really lame and stupid. At least with numbers, you know that they won't be, considering they are predicable and generic.

Blue Mage

Bearer of the True Rune.
Final Fantasy is eteranl, at least thats what I think. But I do liek the numbers. Just liek BB said, the subtittles would be very lame. Final Fantasy 75, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
=O Too bad the Final Fantasy Head Honcho quit. xD

And I like the numbers, I guess I'm just used to them..

Blue Mage

Bearer of the True Rune.
TESTUYA QUITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????

I know have no reason to go on much longer. It is all over.

Anyway, I hope they keep making FF, its such a great game.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
Blue Mage said:
TESTUYA QUITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????

I know have no reason to go on much longer. It is all over.

Anyway, I hope they keep making FF, its such a great game.

Tetsuya never quit. He isn't the head honcho guy.

I kinda think that the Final Fantasies are steadily getting worse, almost like they were running out of ideas.

Either way, I prefer the numbers over the subquests.

Heartless1990

Banishing Blade said:
Tetsuya never quit. He isn't the head honcho guy.

I kinda think that the Final Fantasies are steadily getting worse, almost like they were running out of ideas.

Either way, I prefer the numbers over the subquests.

I would say they're not "getting worse" but I see you've gotten a point. The final fantasy originals using sprites were getting better with each upcoming game. Then, came Final Fantasy VII. The game was a major uprise to the series. It was outstanding and seeing how since the game, even though took a different approach towards the FF 'world', they attempted to make the future games similar. Final Fantasy VIII was an attempt to "remake" the magic of VII but to me and to many was a major failure because of the uninteresting story and the entire GF system. Then...came FFIX...which brought the genre back to FFII (Seriously, the game wasn't at all "advanced"). FFX was then released. It was pretty good. And got some of the FFVII spark back and melded it into this game. It wasn't as great as FFVII to me. Later, FFX2 came out which made me want to vomit. Happily, KH was released so it gave a special sponsor to the Final Fantasy series. FFXI...was...totally different. Now, FFXII is coming and...even though I want to play it...the atmosphere reminds me of FFIX. Well, I wouldn't say the FF series is winding down but, nothing will ever be greater than the success of the seventh game. I guess the title of "lucky seven" really did apply to FFVII.

Well, even if they stop at XIII (unlucky number; AND it's a weird number to pronounce). But, I'm expecting more FF games to be released after the games already announced to be released, such as FFXII, Crisis Core, Advent Children, Before Crisis, possible FFVII remake, FFCC (On Rev. and the DS), and any others if I've forgotten. I'd wish the series never ends.

But, I can't stand any FF game with the title that has more than one syllable (exclude Seven; I love that game)

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
It could be over. They've lost Uematsu, and now Sakaguchi, the duo that literally brought life to the series. Now that the team is deprived of those two, there's no telling what will happen. I'll try to be optimistic, so I'm going to say that maybe the guys who made FF Tactics will take over the series. Hey, that'd be pretty cool. They've already had two homeruns(FF Tactics, Vagrant Story, but I'm not sure if they did TA), so it could be pretty interesting.

Heartless1990

Master T said:
It could be over. They've lost Uematsu, and now Sakaguchi, the duo that literally brought life to the series. Now that the team is deprived of those two, there's no telling what will happen. I'll try to be optimistic, so I'm going to say that maybe the guys who made FF Tactics will take over the series. Hey, that'd be pretty cool. They've already had two homeruns(FF Tactics, Vagrant Story, but I'm not sure if they did TA), so it could be pretty interesting.

Ew...

Well, I always thought that since Uematsu's "retirement", that FF would choose another composer to help proceed with the traditions, having the same fanfar music, the same prelude music and the same chocobo background. As long as they dont make future FF games composed by those who made the OST for FFX2, I'm happy (DIE YOU TONEDEAF ID10TS!)

I'd be happy if they just try and continue the series the way they're going now. Afterall, the powerhouse games of SE are FF and DQ (or Dragon Warrior). Any other games are SUCH minor games that they would bankrupt SE alone.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
^ I disagree with you though Heartless. I loved 9 alot, and thought 8 was wonderful too. 7 was decent in my opinion. (I played 7 when it came out, it's not like I played ten first and went down.

If you ask me the series is still fresh and gearing for more new ideas. =D I'll tell you right now Square Enix isn't dying anytime soon, and definantly not in Japan.

Heartless1990

monkeybutt said:
^ I disagree with you though Heartless. I loved 9 alot, and thought 8 was wonderful too. 7 was decent in my opinion. (I played 7 when it came out, it's not like I played ten first and went down.

If you ask me the series is still fresh and gearing for more new ideas. =D I'll tell you right now Square Enix isn't dying anytime soon, and definantly not in Japan.

Really?!
So, your opinions were: IX>VIII>VII
Mine was: VII>everything else>VIII>X2

I hate X2. They did so little to the game to make it "new
VIII wasn't too bad but I have to say that the battle system made me want to cry because of the stupid GFs.
IX...felt in my experience: Final Fantasy one with 3D graphics. It was too similar. I didn't like it too much but it was...just reaching decent...but barely.

I don't know why you didn't like VII because, just like millions of others, was the one FF that defined final Fantasy forever. I guess you're one of the few who didn't think the same. It's okay. I like Mango, you like raisins.

We need new subtitles for Final Fantasy Thirteen. What a horrible number...and being that it's past the nubmer ten AND being that the game is more than one syllable (other than VII) is strange to me.

I'm used to typing the FF titles in roman numerals. But imagine typing: FFXIII or worse: FFXXXIII...Does that remind anyone of football? (Btw, I don't like sports)

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't know why you didn't like VII because, just like millions of others, was the one FF that defined final Fantasy forever. I guess you're one of the few who didn't think the same. It's okay. I like Mango, you like raisins.

I've taken these articles from many reviews, don't claim to write them, yata:

Final Fantasy VII: Through heated debates to calm discussions with members of this fine board, Final Fantasy VII has always seemed to be the one coming out as the overall favorite Final Fantasy. Why? I don’t know, but I can make a good guess. Final Fantasy VII brought word of Final Fantasy to a new generation, ranging from the original stragglers to the 8-bit pimp-hated red mages, to the new comers that awed at the length of Sephiroth’s weapon. (His sword SOM.) Final Fantasy VII has affected more fans worldwide than any Final Fantasy; there is no denying. Although one might say it’s not the best, (Me.) and some say no game ever produced even compares to it, (Fanboys.) it always seem to pop up everywhere.

Wow said:
And a group consisting of a washed up pilot, a one handed Mr. T impersonator, a bartender who has more silicon than flesh, a young flower girl who just happens to be a descendent of former “gods,” a thief ninja, a vampire, an endangered species, and a damn stuffed mog with a toy cat on top.

Your PWND said:
The fanboyism associated with VII is to such a degree that some people cannot live a day without know that all people that play Final Fantasy VII love it to the fullest extent.

In conclusion, Final Fantasy VII didn’t redefine RPGs, as one might think, but rather added to their meaning, showing that you can make an epic story in a courtyard in a 1500’s castle, or the streets of a slum like, worn down city. No Final Fantasy didn’t change RPGs, but instead influenced them, showing that taking a chance on something could destroy everything you worked for…or bring millions of game sales to you. This attitude is what I think makes Final Fantasy VII so great, and that is why I make it, my 3rd favorite Final Fantasy, with an overall score of 8.5/10.

Red XIII: This guy's ok. He's like the Beast from the X-Men. He seems like nothing but a savage wild animal at first, but in reality he has the wisdom and (probably) voice of a philosopher.

Cait Sith: This guy is like an Adam Sandler movie. An Adam Sandler movie starts out stupidly funny, but there's eventually some depth. This guy's a CAT riding a dancing pink creature, but during the course of the game, he shows some touching depth.

Now for the bottom of the bag. I'll start with the guys.

Cloud: There's no shame in therapy...If you're lucky, you'll find a good psychiatrist. And if you're REALLY lucky, he'll know of a top-notch hairdresser. It's not too late to rescue that blond mess. Then you'll be in the same league as Squall, Zidane, and Tidus. You're also a burden on your friends. You drive Barret up the wall, run Tifa ragged trying to figure you out, and lead Aeris to her death. What a poor excuse for a Final Fantasy hero.

Barret: This guy is ok, but I found him hard to like. I think it's the mood swings. One minute, he's a short-tempered, macho jerk, the next he's a tragic hero who'd do anything for his daughter, and back again.

Cid: Two words...Anger management. WHat the hell'd that woman ever do to you? I think her name's Shera. Your kids will end up in juvenille hall, just watch. You make Barret look calm as a pond.

Now for the absolute bottom, the crap of the pyramid: the women, the sterotypical women. I'm an avid tomboy, so maybe that influenced my negative opinions of them.

Yuffie: Know those annoying little pop-ups that always come up while you're surfing the Net? Yuffie is basically an annoying little pop-up. After I was done with the game, I regretted recruiting her.

Tifa: Tifa=SLUT. I won't go any further.

Aeris: Aeris=WIMP, SISSY, WUSS. Take your pick. She never once tried to resist Sephiroth, neither verbally nor physically. She makes Yuna look like a strong warrior, and that's saying quite a lot. Forgive me, Aeris fans who were near tears when she died, but I just don't like her. Again, wimp, sissy, wuss.

--------------------

Lastly, I was larely disappointed with the female cast of Final Fantasy 7, but of course, the only good females are the ones with big boobs, and who sell you flowers, right?

Cloud (in ff7, we'll see how he acts in these sequals) Was a total dumbass with no motivation for his sh*t whatsoever. After playing the game over a dozen times now, I still don't feel sorry for him. =D

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
Teh Monkeh said:
Cloud: There's no shame in therapy...If you're lucky, you'll find a good psychiatrist. And if you're REALLY lucky, he'll know of a top-notch hairdresser. It's not too late to rescue that blond mess. Then you'll be in the same league as Squall, Zidane, and Tidus. You're also a burden on your friends. You drive Barret up the wall, run Tifa ragged trying to figure you out, and lead Aeris to her death. What a poor excuse for a Final Fantasy hero.

I hope you don't mind if I add in my two cents. But Cloud is basically an attention-seeking, cross-dressing, homosexual, loner whore. It's all proven in the game play. And his lover-to-be is none other than that chick, demi-god wannabe Sephiroth who is 60 years-old (if I remember correctly and did the math right) and still clings on to his mother for all his problems. Doesn't that just make for a great game?

Anyway, my FF favs (of 7 to 10-2) are: X, VIII, IX, VII, X2. Well, X2 and VII are almost tied... VII is just sooo boring to me.

Back ontopic: The numbers are better than the names. Imagine this. Final Fantasy XXVII (27) coming in stores tomorrow!!! Or this. Final Fantasy: Twighlight Princess in stores tomorrow!! I know, that's a LoZ subtitle, but that's only the 8th (I think) LoZ game, and they have no more good subtitles, I don't want to risk that happening to Final Fantasy. Superbowl numbers are a-ok in my book.

Heartless1990

True, Banishing Blade. If anyone saw Decline of Video Gaming (on newgrounds.com) would know that a parody of LoZ was not too hard to make. "Legend of Zelda: And the Lampshade of No Real Signficance).

I loved FFVII. It was interesting the enitire time I played the game and never seemed boring to me at all. I loved the original and parts of me are not satisfied by the compilations to be released (like DoC, which I think is a waste of a game). I guess you're not supporting the FFVII questionable remake...But if the actual reason you actually don't like FFVII is because of the looks itself, my friend would like to say: "Graphics Whore..."

And....Banishing Blade...

I'm a Sephy servant...

Keji

mmm... an anti-social vs a momma's boy lmao XD

but to the topic.. yea i agree that taking off the roman numerals outta final fantasy woul dbe kinda cool.. but i kinda want them to stay.. it would be humurous for my great grand children (hopefully never gonna exist XDim not evil!) to say things like,
kid 1: hah awesome i just finished FFXXVI it was so friggin cool
kid2: wah no fair.. i didn't even finish FFIX yet!

they should keep the numerals and start putting subtitles..example
FFXX: when the world is new! (my titles suck!)

billabong

ain't yo granny's
Website
facebook.com
i just hope it doesn't end up like disney. keeps going on but doesn't make anymore classics. it'll just be a behemoth in the entertainment industry, but they'd only make empty entertainment...

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
^ The thing is, classics for us wont be classics to others in 100 generations.

For example, we'll consider (or you guys will >>) Final Fantasy 7 a wonderful classic in about 20 years. 10 years later, Final Fantasy 10 will be considered a classic, but we'll still be clinging on to 7 (or you will) because its "our" classic, for our time.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
Heartless1990 said:
But if the actual reason you actually don't like FFVII is because of the looks itself, my friend would like to say: "Graphics Whore..."
I couldn't care less about grahpics. I'm actually playing through all the old FFs. Not getting very far because I've been busy...but I'm making me way there. Graphics don't bother me at all unless they are grainy (like FFVIII's...).

Same dude said:
And....Banishing Blade...

I'm a Sephy servant...
All the more reason to tease ya xD. Nah, just kidding. But that's just my opinion on Sephiroth and Cloud...no one is gonna be able to change it (unless they think of more insults).

monkeybutt said:
The thing is, classics for us wont be classics to others in 100 generations.

For example, we'll consider (or you guys will >>) Final Fantasy 7 a wonderful classic in about 20 years. 10 years later, Final Fantasy 10 will be considered a classic, but we'll still be clinging on to 7 (or you will) because its "our" classic, for our time.

FFX already is a classic >.>

Ontopic: In my opinion, if Final Fanatasy stared using subtitles for everything, they'd seem less official. Like, the numbers just make it seem real important, and a subtitle would just make it 'meh'. You know what I'm saying? I just like the numbers, and FFXXIX wouldn't bother me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back