• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SoulXaldin

Awards
The demo was a lot fun. The battle system was like XV’s but way better, and I think the developers this time around have managed to properly balance both action gameplay with menu-based strategy. The slowing down of the gameplay, for me at lest, doesn’t take away from the pacing of the battles much and I especially dig how they reinterpreted and added to mechanics of the original game.

Although to be honest, I don’t want to play too soon since I want to finish Crisis Core. But then I made the mistake of playing it on Hard, so let’s just say I won’t be picking up the Remake anytime soon 😅

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Why did you make the decision to set this game entirely in the city of Midgar?

Kitase-san:
When we first started the Remake project we had to make a decision on what elements from the original we absolutely had to keep in order for it to still be considered FINAL FANTASY VII.

In other words, what were the essential parts of the original, what were the parts that we knew fans absolutely had to see and therefore we needed to retain?

We quickly decided that there were so many essential parts that fans would be upset if we had to cut out anything from the original.

At the beginning of the project we had two directions we could go. The first was to make the project with the highest possible level of graphics, visual quality and detail, and not remove anything that fans wanted to see. Instead, it would expand upon the original game, to make it something even more immersive.

The other option was to include the entire scope of the original game in a single release. But in order to make that work as a modern game, we wouldn’t be able to go for the highest visual quality and we’d also have to cut back on areas and scenes from the original.

Essentially, to make a single release viable the resulting game would have ended up being a digest of the original story, and we didn’t think that fans would be pleased with that.

Ultimately, we decided the best option for the project was to go for the highest level possible, with an expanded story. Having more than one game in the project allowed us to focus on keeping everything people loved from the original, but go into greater detail and more story depth than before.

Midgar is iconic to FINAL FANTASY VII, so we had to start the game here, and follow the story up to the main party’s escape from the city.

Some fans have expressed disappointment that Red XIII is not a playable character. Can you specify the role of Red XIII in the game?

Hamaguchi-san:
I answered a question about Red XIII while we were going around Europe talking to media, but there was a bigger response from fans than I had expected! I got a renewed sense of how much love there is out there for the characters in FINAL FANTASY VII.

To explain more about why we did not make Red XIII a playable character in this game, we felt that because he only joins the team during the latter stages, having him as a playable ally with full character growth potential would not be a satisfying experience for the player. So we decided to have him join for now, as a guest character instead.

However, the development team feel the same way that the fans do when it comes to seeing Red XIII as an important character, and we designed his gameplay in a special way to offset him not being playable in battle.

I won’t reveal exactly what that entails, because I want people to enjoy it when they actually play the game, but I will say that FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE has added a new upper floor to the Shinra Building to present a climax that was not in the original.

The key to navigating this floor lies in using Red XIII’s unique physical abilities to overcome environmental obstacles. Letting the player experience his heroics in this way is something that I’m confident will please the fans.

I hope everyone enjoys seeing Red XIII in action in the build-up to the climax of the story.

Fans expect a lot from FINAL FANTASY, such as secrets or hidden bosses. Is this the case in FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE?

Hamaguchi-san:
We can’t say exactly how much there is - we want to keep some surprises for players!

I will say, FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE has been designed as if it were a standalone game, and comparable in size to other mainline FINAL FANTASY games.

The content you mentioned from other FINAL FANTASY games… I don’t want to say precisely what’s in FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, but if you’re expecting endgame content, you won’t be disappointed.

More on the Square Enix blog

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The demo was a lot fun. The battle system was like XV’s but way better, and I think the developers this time around have managed to properly balance both action gameplay with menu-based strategy. The slowing down of the gameplay, for me at lest, doesn’t take away from the pacing of the battles much and I especially dig how they reinterpreted and added to mechanics of the original game.

Although to be honest, I don’t want to play too soon since I want to finish Crisis Core. But then I made the mistake of playing it on Hard, so let’s just say I won’t be picking up the Remake anytime soon 😅
I feel more like FINAL FANTASY VII Remake's gameplay is a more action-flow evolution of FFXIII's, while FFXV tries to be its own thing.

SoulXaldin

Awards
I feel more like FINAL FANTASY VII Remake's gameplay is a more action-flow evolution of FFXIII's, while FFXV tries to be its own thing.

In that regard, that seems like a more favorable comparison. I was just basing the comparison solely on the fact that you had to hold down a button to attack hehe. But I can totally see where you’re coming from. After all, XIII was indeed the initial attempt of crossing over action and strategy, so VII Remake carries on from that in a more improved fashion.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
In that regard, that seems like a more favorable comparison. I was just basing the comparison solely on the fact that you had to hold down a button to attack hehe. But I can totally see where you’re coming from. After all, XIII was indeed the initial attempt of crossing over action and strategy, so VII Remake carries on from that in a more improved fashion.
Well. There's more to button mashing in both FFXV and VIIR. Remember we only played a portion of the game. I'm sure as the game progresses, so will the gameplay.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Finally played the demo and it’s everything I could have asked for. I love the writing, some parts are quite clever and witty. The tension between Barret and Cloud is so well done and the subtle flirting between Cloud and Jessie Barret is good too.

I know, right? I can't wait for those sweet affection values to kick in with part three ~ at the Gold Saucer.

PikaPal

Awards
The full main voice cast has been revealed and boy, is it a big one alright!

Some of the newly announced VA's include Max Mittelman as Red XIII, Arnie Pantoja as Reno, James Horan as President Shinra, John DiMaggio as Heidegger, William Salyers as Palmer, Austin Lee Matthews as Roche and Fred Tatasciore as Don Corneo.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Biggs is officially the Leading Man.

also finally people can stop saying that Don Corneo is Mark Hamill.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
No issues with day one delivery from Amazon yet. Keep ya posted.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Sucks for those that pre-ordered physical and makes me wonder if PSN servers will have capacity for all the amount of people under quarantine when they decide to download.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Sucks for those that pre-ordered physical and makes me wonder if PSN servers will have capacity for all the amount of people under quarantine when they decide to download.
Yeah... *cough*really wish my brother had got the digital pre-order instead for me as a birthday gift and now I have more reason for my belief that he should of *cough*
I can't really be mad at my brother though, it did come out of his pocket and out of the kindness of his heart.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yeah... *cough*really wish my brother had got the digital pre-order instead for me as a birthday gift and now I have more reason for my belief that he should of *cough*
I can't really be mad at my brother though, it did come out of his pocket and out of the kindness of his heart.
Haha, at least you'll have all games on display when they all come out! Seriously, I think it's possible this project will be three to four games long. I presume they'll expand Junon on the scape of Midar.

Chuuya

Awards
Oh my God, this makes me so feel so much better. I don't even care if it arrives a bit later than the 10th, if it makes it to America then I'm happy.
Haha, at least you'll have all games on display when they all come out! Seriously, I think it's possible this project will be three to four games long. I presume they'll expand Junon on the scape of Midar.
Yep, be quite the collection! :LOL:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Just picked up my copy and am heading home. Artbook is lovely, unlike KH3 it actually has artwork in it.

Chuuya

Awards
Just picked up my copy and am heading home. Artbook is lovely, unlike KH3 it actually has artwork in it.
Would prefer to have that artbook than KH3's "artbook".
Do have fun playing! I heard ya'll in Australia are getting your copies already. Hope you enjoy it. :)

Foxycian

Awards
I’m just happy this game isn’t getting the ffxv (overhyped) treatment, it will be a Good experience.

Back