• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
"This is again proof that Exclusive > Multiplats"
Wow, that is some major stretch of logic there. The game sold more because there was more legitimate hype behind it.
By the time the Xbox One version is released, the game won't have as much hype. I honestly think the argument is stupid.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I find linking the source rather than fanboys (that sometimes engage in pointless console warring) can be a bit better and mediate that kind of rudimentary discussion (the very reason I hate the PlayStation trending topic on my Twitter explore tab, as it’s not actually things relating to PlayStation but people tweeting about fake rumours and pointless console wars).

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
My argument or the twit's?
My bad, the tweet's!!

I find linking the source rather than fanboys (that sometimes engage in pointless console warring) can be a bit better and mediate that kind of rudimentary discussion (the very reason I hate the PlayStation trending topic on my Twitter explore tab, as it’s not actually things relating to PlayStation but people tweeting about fake rumours and pointless console wars).

Thanks for sharing the better tweet!

Drawbacks of FFXV aside, it seems the franchise is growing and growing a lot by breaking its own records. I wonder how FFVII-2 and FFXVI will perform in the years to come.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
My bad, the tweet's!!

Thanks for sharing the better tweet!

Drawbacks of FFXV aside, it seems the franchise is growing and growing a lot by breaking its own records. I wonder how FFVII-2 and FFXVI will perform in the years to come.
Man, is 16 even on the radar for Square at this point? Nomura & Toriyama's on 7R, Tabata's gone, & they've been squandering Ito since 12. Who's even left to helm it?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Man, is 16 even on the radar for Square at this point? Nomura & Toriyama's on 7R, Tabata's gone, & they've been squandering Ito since 12. Who's even left to helm it?
My understanding is FFXVI is in development, and being done by Yoshi-P (director of FFXIV: ARR). There’s a studio he’s heading that is working on a non-MMO HD game for next-gen consoles and the heavy rumour is it’s the next mainline Final Fantasy game.

There’s even concept art (unless I’m mistaken and it’s from XIV)

ryzxn4oyrlw31.jpg

New project in progress

We have launched a new core project following "Final Fantasy XIV", and we are beginning the challenge for the next generation. This project has already completed initial development, has completed the development environment, and is now in the stage of full-scale large-scale development.
Together with the world, "fun" and "fun" and "surprise"

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
is 16 even on the radar for Square at this point?
I presume the FINAL FANASY Board inside Square Enix may have touched upon the subject a some point.

Nomura & Toriyama's on 7R,
My theory is that they're gonna leave Naoki Hamaguchi as THE Director while Nomura and Toriyama helm other projects.

Tabata's gone,
Speaking of which, whatever happened to his new studio?

& they've been squandering Ito since 12.
Could be his time to shine once more.

Who's even left to helm it?
There were rumors of Naoki Yoshida (FFXIV).

---

Edit: Basically what Chaser said, haha. Oh, so FFXVI could be next gen only? :(

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Edit: Basically what Chaser said, haha. Oh, so FFXVI could be next gen only? :(
With AAA games taking generally 5 years minimum of development time (We’ll see if this changes with this gen losing the bottleneck of getting set up for PS5 / XBX dev and SSD cutting corners(, 2024 may be the earliest it would release and I’d be hard pressed to believe that it’d be cross gen with the PS4 / XB1

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
My understanding is FFXVI is in development, and being done by Yoshi-P (director of FFXIV: ARR). There’s a studio he’s heading that is working on a non-MMO HD game for next-gen consoles and the heavy rumour is it’s the next mainline Final Fantasy game.

There’s even concept art (unless I’m mistaken and it’s from XIV)

ryzxn4oyrlw31.jpg
Kind of looks like Kings Landing from Game of Thrones. After FF13's futuristic world and FF15's modern one I feel like FF16 would be a traditional medieval setting

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Kind of looks like Kings Landing from Game of Thrones. After FF13's futuristic world and FF15's modern one I feel like FF16 would be a traditional medieval setting
Certainly overdue. It'll have been a 3 generation gap between it & 12 if it (likely) releases on PS5.

I would've figured Yoshida would be too busy with XIV expansions for other projects.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
With AAA games taking generally 5 years minimum of development time (We’ll see if this changes with this gen losing the bottleneck of getting set up for PS5 / XBX dev and SSD cutting corners(, 2024 may be the earliest it would release and I’d be hard pressed to believe that it’d be cross gen with the PS4 / XB1
Good points. I don't think I'll buy the PS5 at launch, but 2024 would be a good time to buy one, seeing as how it should have a good lineup by then. It also gives me time to observe Sony, seeing as how they pretty much did a poor job with the PS4 (OG model having a cheap processor, cheap WiFi card and a sensitive BluRay reader; the Pro not being natively 4k).

Game of Thrones being mainstream worldwide could have been a factor in the decision of making FFXVI medieval. There's also the fact that the Witcher 3 dominated the gaming scene.

I would've figured Yoshida would be too busy with XIV expansions for other projects.
You could say that FFXIV is on auto pilot. And if Nomura can pretty much direct several projects, I presume Yoshida can do as well. Plus there's a FINAL FANTASY Board now, meaning Yoshida will have all the support he can get.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
It took me 60+ hours to beat the game, just because I wanted to enjoy every single detail of each chapter and I'd sometimes walk slowly on purpose or have Cloud pause to enjoy a view. It was totally worth the wait and I want as many (good) instalments as they care to make.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I would have been happy to have even more to explore in Midgar.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Leslie = <3
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Cloud's lines during the Sector 5 side-quests
Spoiler Spoiler Show
made me love this chapter so much. He'll keep on the same "I'll do it if you pay me" attitude, but with different intentions each time, depending on the person he's talking to. All the dialogues with the kids were awesome.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I've (almost) never managed to land a 3rd-level magic spell, though. My characters always get hit before they can actually cast.

The Shinra HQ chapter was glorified interactive story but I loved the frickin' building, the silliness and the NPCs.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Unpopular opinion here, but if they keep the quality and content level of this game each time, they can release it in however many parts they want for all I care. I love these characters and I’d love to see significant story expansion that stays within the framework of the original. The original is always there to play for that version of the story. I think of it like the OG is the movie and the Remake is the multi-season TV adaption. The latter allows you to spend more time with the characters and flesh out elements a movie doesn’t have time for.

That being said, I take Nomura’s comments to be referring to just a slight difference in the number of entries. Like 3 compared to 4 or 5, max. The main concern is that they want the whole original game adapted and expanded on at the same scale and quality as Midgar was. If they do that, it will take more or less the same amount of time to develop the full saga regardless. Dividing it up into more parts will just get us some of the content faster while also keeping development of the project funded which will help them avoid the need to rush or cut corners.

TL;DR: I’m fine with the project taking it’s time so we get a higher quality experience. More parts adapting shorter sections of the OG game into full fledged games seems like the best option to me to ensure a healthier production process and that we won’t have to wait another five years for the next game.

Yes.

________

I'd love a FFXVI at some point... With a self-contained story that doesn't require DLCs to feel complete. With no 4th wall breaks, no meta dialogue, no crossover elements, just the usual Cid, mogs and Chocobos and a good original plot and characters. I'll be waiting at Aerith's place.

Last edited:

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I know it's been 4 years and all, but I think FF7 Remake is definitely going to be in the lime-light for a bit before they start a completely new title. Also (as a side note [looking at the art for whatever FF that is]) can I just add that I totally dug FFXV's aesthetic, and I'm majorly bummed out that we have to get the real ending via book and not game? Because once I learned what the real plot was going to be, I was oh so unsatisfied.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
but I think FF7 Remake is definitely going to be in the lime-light for a bit before they start a completely new title.
The FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Project has its own Business Division/dev team. Square Enix have other dev teams, meaning they have most certainly started working on FINAL FANTASY XVI, especially if Sony is gonna sponsor the exclusive for the PS5.

and I'm majorly bummed out that we have to get the real ending via book and not game?
The ending from the novel isn't a true ending, but rather an alternate possibility. Tabata always promoted the new set of DLC as an alternate set of stories that lead to a "happy" ending for the fans of FFXV. Only Ardyn's Submit to Fate and Aranea's DLC are cannon to core FFXV story. As it is, the ending with Noctis dying is the true ending.

Because once I learned what the real plot was going to be, I was oh so unsatisfied.
I'm personally satisfied with what FFXV ended up being, especially with the cards Tabata was dealt with.

Speaking of which, I like what we got, rather than dwelve on the possibilities of what we didn't get.

P.S. Ardyn wasn't originally the full villain of the Versus XIII saga, so I'm happy we got XV and what Ardyn ended up being.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
1. Oh yeah, I know that they have multiple dev teams and sure they probably are working on it, I just can't imagine SE putting out two FF titles so close together, it just doesn't track for them.
2. FFXV was an incomplete game (tons of unused data that the DLC tried to make up for). And I'm pretty sure at some point it was stated that FFXV was made into a rush-job so they had to cut a lot of content, including what Nomura really had in mind (which makes more sense to me because the way they were setting up Ardyn in the DLC made him seem much less like a villain, and more so Bahamut).
3. The ending was for Noctis was cool, sure, but it and even the final battle felt so incomplete.
4. Personally, as I stated before, I wasn't satisfied. You get 3 parts: 1st was awesome, then 2 and 3 are railroaded at you. I'm not sure what kind of character Ardyn would have been had they not rushed it, but yeah, he was definitely a cool Anti-Christ figure.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm mostly just surprised how annoyed he is by those rumours, like he really seemed pissed off by them and I do not get why someone would have that kind of reaction?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
1. Oh yeah, I know that they have multiple dev teams and sure they probably are working on it, I just can't imagine SE putting out two FF titles so close together, it just doesn't track for them.
I mean, FF games had always been released with only a year or two apart, it's just that with the change to more demanding graphics that's changed.

2. FFXV was an incomplete game (tons of unused data that the DLC tried to make up for). And I'm pretty sure at some point it was stated that FFXV was made into a rush-job so they had to cut a lot of content, including what Nomura really had in mind (which makes more sense to me because the way they were setting up Ardyn in the DLC made him seem much less like a villain, and more so Bahamut).
yes, the game was rushed. There was even a rumor that adult Noctis wasn't finished rendered up until the new November release date. And I pretty much prefer having Bahamut stay as he is.

3. The ending was for Noctis was cool, sure, but it and even the final battle felt so incomplete.
Ardyn had a monster phase, but they cut it because they wanted a human-to-human fight, which was more fitting for the theme they were going between them.

4. Personally, as I stated before, I wasn't satisfied. You get 3 parts: 1st was awesome, then 2 and 3 are railroaded at you. I'm not sure what kind of character Ardyn would have been had they not rushed it, but yeah, he was definitely a cool Anti-Christ figure.
Me neither because the new lore was an ofter thought the writers created after releasing the game.

I'm mostly just surprised how annoyed he is by those rumours, like he really seemed pissed off by them and I do not get why someone would have that kind of reaction?
Are the translations accurate? If so, I'm on the same boat as you: why would he be annoyed? Maybe he sees FFXIV as his only baby and doesn't work to work on something FF? Or wants to work on something not FF in the future?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Are the translations accurate? If so, I'm on the same boat as you: why would he be annoyed? Maybe he sees FFXIV as his only baby and doesn't work to work on something FF? Or wants to work on something not FF in the future?
While I personally wouldn't trust the twitter user you linked, actual articles written have used similar language so I would assume it's all accurate. I think I'd be honoured that people loved my work so much they thought I'd be headlining the next in a series they love lol.

Back