• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Lulcy

Awards
The PS5 physical release of FF7R Intergrade will not have Yuffie episode on disc but rather as a downloadable voucher code. Terrible news for gaming preservation.

EvJ5iRRXMAI_z73

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
As further proof how the Kingdom Hearts FF characters are separate/unique from their canon counterparts, I had no idea until today that apparently people hate FF7 Yuffie and think she's annoying, but I've never heard people say that about her in KH? Not that she's in it a lot, but still.

AegisXIII

Awards
The PS5 physical release of FF7R Intergrade will not have Yuffie episode on disc but rather as a downloadable voucher code. Terrible news for gaming preservation.

EvJ5iRRXMAI_z73
Gaming preservation has been gone since 10 years now. I used to collect everything. Now I don't even care to buy the physical disc as I know the day one patch will alter everything.

Note that ff7 remake was the first game I played in a long time without a day one patch. Incredibly stable.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I wonder how long the free upgrade will be extended as I don't have a PS5 yet.

Also, not mad at Ever Crisis. It's giving me a streamlined and uniform experience of the compilation, and I'm still curious about Before Crisis after all these years. I enjoyed XV Pocket Edition for what it was, and the graphics here are both charming and nostalgic. Even the changeover to the more realistic battle environment is a nice throwback. I've played the original VII and the Remake at least 4 times this past year though, so I can easily sit all this out until an inevitable PS5(/PS4?) port. I'm not playing the waiting game. That other mobile game can straight up kick rocks though.

D

Deleted member 246005

I'm hoping Vincent pops up in First soldier. That's the one set 30 years before 7 so it's a natural place for him.

Zack's appearance in the Ever Crisis got me thinking it could be a What if Scenario.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I wonder how long the free upgrade will be extended as I don't have a PS5 yet.

Also, not mad at Ever Crisis. It's giving me a streamlined and uniform experience of the compilation, and I'm still curious about Before Crisis after all these years. I enjoyed XV Pocket Edition for what it was, and the graphics here are both charming and nostalgic. Even the changeover to the more realistic battle environment is a nice throwback. I've played the original VII and the Remake at least 4 times this past year though, so I can easily sit all this out until an inevitable PS5(/PS4?) port. I'm not playing the waiting game. That other mobile game can straight up kick rocks though.
The free upgrade should extend forever. I know other companies, Activision or EA I think?, have had it be a limited time time but unless I missed something the same hasn’t been said for FFVIIR.

Edit: here’s a FAQ

Last edited:

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ever Crisis could lend credence to the theory that FF7R is actually a soft sequel to rather than a reboot of the original compilation series, what with all the change of fate/timeline/etc stuff. Never watched the full series but I believe YouTuber Sleepezi makes a very compelling argument to this effect. Maybe it’s Nomura Stockholm syndrome but all I see when I look at the Ever Crisis screen with all the compilation titles listed is “Final Fantasy 7 2.8 Final Re:Remake” lol

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I am more pumped for Ever Crisis than any of these other 7 announcements! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Remake, but wow, the whole Compilation woven together into a single experience, including Before Crisis, sounds like a dream that would have been scoffed at literally anytime before the announcement. Good for them, I hope it eventually hits consoles like 15 Pocket Edition did, but regardless I won't be skipping it even if it just stays stuck on phones.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

As long as I get my FF7-2 with an older Denzel and Marlene, I'm game.

Zul

Awards
NGL I actually want no voice acting at all. Recently played some old FFs and I enjoyed the lack of anime noises and awkward nods immensely.

Neo_

Awards
I'm excited for First Soldier... wish it was on consoles. I'll still probably try to find a way to play it regardless.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
The free upgrade should extend forever. I know other companies, Activision or EA I think?, have had it be a limited time time but unless I missed something the same hasn’t been said for FFVIIR.

Edit: here’s a FAQ

I thought I responded to this. Thanks. Yeah, I read that FAQ, but I didn't see any dates, so I had to ask. I was recollecting the XIV transfer from PS3 to PS4, and at the time that offer was made there was a pending (unknown) expiration. Turns out the upgrade lasted as long as service on the PS3 did, so a few years after the offer went live. Just as long as it's not cutoff some 30 days after the release of Intergrade, I'm good.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Will it even be voiced is another question. And if it is, do we get full dialogue or just recycled battle voices from previous games?
There IS a possibility it could be voiced, seeing as how FFXV Pocket Edition was voiced, but, all of the material was recorded, so.

Since this is gonna be a cash grab, I'd argue it's gonna b just text.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
There IS a possibility it could be voiced, seeing as how FFXV Pocket Edition was voiced, but, all of the material was recorded, so.

Since this is gonna be a cash grab, I'd argue it's gonna b just text.
If it's at least the quality of Opera Omnia, then I'll be happy enough with it for what it's giving us.

Back