• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It’s unavailable because you own it digitally, meaning they don’t want you to accidentally buy it again.

Somehow it just knows that you own the game and gives you a license to the PS5 version, but because it’s an upgrade it’s not the same version as the one you screenshot which is why people upgrading have to buy the DLC separately.

the red monster

Awards
It’s unavailable because you own it digitally, meaning they don’t want you to accidentally buy it again.

Somehow it just knows that you own the game and gives you a license to the PS5 version, but because it’s an upgrade it’s not the same version as the one you screenshot which is why people upgrading have to buy the DLC separately.
Yeah separate version actually makes sense now that you mention it. thank you.

Rainclouds

Awards
More cash grabs from Enix. They really don't stop milking these things, do they?

They could have just kept this stuff for the second part.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I just read about Intergrade. This is kind of why I never picked up Part 1 of the remake before now. I knew there would be a dozen more “complete” versions released down the line once all the parts are done and it's not like VII is my favorite or anything that I needed to have it ASAP. I'm kind of surprised it's already starting though.

So is it just a graphic upgrade for PS5 or do they include a bunch of the DLC that’s been made for the Remake? (And, if the latter, is the DLC already on the disc or do they just give you a download code like the FFXV: Royal Edition re-release?)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The graphical update is a part of Intergrade, which is free for owners of the game who bought the game outside of PS+, and is printed onto the PS5 discs.

The DLC is a download code in the box for people buying the PS5 physical version of the game to avoid having another SKU version of the game on the PSN.

The DLC for the PS4 game, the equipment and summons like Cactuar, will be available as a free DLC pack to download on June 10th.

AegisXIII

Awards
I am so annoyed that I haven't been able to find a PS5. Not to mention that this console shortage is set to last years.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I am so annoyed that I haven't been able to find a PS5. Not to mention that this console shortage is set to last years.
Horizon Forbiden West, God of War: Ragnarok and Gran Turismo 7 will all be cross-gen, but here we are with a DLC for a PS4 game exclusive for PS5.
:rolleyes:

AegisXIII

Awards
Horizon Forbiden West, God of War: Ragnarok and Gran Turismo 7 will also be cross-gen, but here we are with a DLC for a PS4 game exclusive for PS5.
Yep, cross-gen is meant to last at least two years. Not sure what is the deal with this dlc. Maybe Sony gave them big chunk of money. Anyway, we will have to move at some point anyway since part 2 will most likely be open world and rely heavily on ssd (ps5 exclusive then).

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Horizon Forbiden West, God of War: Ragnarok and Gran Turismo 7 will all be cross-gen, but here we are with a DLC for a PS4 game exclusive for PS5.
It's hindsight. I don't think they were expecting PS5 shortages while developing the PS5 version/Intergrade.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Square Enix is trying to shift people to the newer consoles. They did the same thing with Type-0, despite that game being able to run on a PS3.

The next three Final Fantasy games are on PS5, Forspoken is on PS5, and I imagine a bunch of unannounced games are on PS5 too.

The consoles are tough to come by but when you do get one there won’t be a shortage of games to play.

AegisXIII

Awards
Square Enix is trying to shift people to the newer consoles. They did the same thing with Type-0, despite that game being able to run on a PS3.

The next three Final Fantasy games are on PS5, Forspoken is on PS5, and I imagine a bunch of unannounced games are on PS5 too.

The consoles are tough to come by but when you do get one there won’t be a shortage of games to play.
Yes but the problem is not that people are not willing to do the shift. It is simply impossible to get a console. And Sony understood that. Horizon and God of War ragnarok have been announced on PS4 as well as the pool of users on PS5 is not big enough yet.
But then, I am pretty sure that all new Square installments won't be on PS4. If part 2 is an openworld, it needs to be on an SSD. So they will most likely release them in 2022-2023 when the consoles would have sold more.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If someone gets their hands on a physical copy, they can redeem and download Intermission because it is on the store already, so it’s possible for spoilers to start leaking out.

AegisXIII

Awards
If someone gets their hands on a physical copy, they can redeem and download Intermission because it is on the store already, so it’s possible for spoilers to start leaking out.
Really? I thought intermission would be out only at the release date. Well since I have no PS5, I won't be bothered by spoilers. XD

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The size of the DLC has already been pulled from their servers so I imagine that means it's accessible.

Also Yuffie's weapon, which is a paid purchase:

E3DtXeZX0AAQqwg

Lulcy

Awards
Really? I thought intermission would be out only at the release date. Well since I have no PS5, I won't be bothered by spoilers. XD
You can (pre)download the DLC but not play it because it's locked until the respective date but won't stop dataminers from looking into the code.

the red monster

Awards
Pre-load is up, but only who buy the actual PS5 version.
the free upgrade will be only at release which sucks

Back