• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

NoWay

Awards
Short question: When does Intermission take place? I’m currently replaying FF7R and bought Intermission too. But I don’t know when to play the DLC episode. After completing the main story?

blank points

Awards
Short question: When does Intermission take place? I’m currently replaying FF7R and bought Intermission too. But I don’t know when to play the DLC episode. After completing the main story?
Yes, in this case, it's better to play Intermission after you finish the main story. Without giving anything away, Intermission goes through from Cloud getting separated from Barret and Tifa, and goes till about the midway point of the game. There is also a new ending scene given that will spoil some things as well, so Intermission is best played after the main scenario.

NoWay

Awards
Thank you. :) Then I’ll play it after completing the main scenario. I really love the next gen version and the smooth 60fps. FF7R was already on the PS4 a beautiful game but this version is stunning

KudoTsurugi

Awards

So not only are we getting the Ever Crisis game, we’re getting a Crisis Core Remake this Winter, and Part 2 of 3 in the FF7 Reamke next winter titled Final Fantasy VII REBIRTH

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

So not only are we getting the Ever Crisis game, we’re getting a Crisis Core Remake this Winter, and Part 2 of 3 in the FF7 Reamke next winter titled Final Fantasy VII REBIRTH

And Part III is already in early development! THAT is how you do an anniversary celebration!! I can’t wait to get my hands on Crisis Core Reunion.

And heck even Intergrade going to Steam is pretty exciting because you can play it handheld with a Steamdeck!

Developer statements: 7477CEE4-F42B-4FFF-A35D-AF9023CC15AC.jpeg638DBD0A-A9D3-426E-B330-094A5C7A3270.jpegE27374A8-1A30-4CED-BCD8-0F5DFB99C144.jpeg280A8C05-78F2-4459-A4D0-A4D3E6897B62.jpeg

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
That was a great stream and proof that length doesn't matter, if you have good things to show.
Just a shame Yuffie DLC will never be released on PS4.

I'm surprised they are already working on part 3. The difference that good management does.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Crisis Core Reunion and Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth? All hype thrusters are at maximum level!

the red monster

Awards
crisis core looks pretty decent for a remaster. VIIR part 2 early 2024 (hopefully) is hype.
square enix fans are eating really good

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Switch version of CC better not be another damned cloud edition. Like Square you can port the PSP version if you can't the remake to run on it!

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I’m so excited. Square is really on a roll. Was NOT expecting those release windows either. They’re developing the remake series astonishingly fast.

The only thing that feels like a bit of a bummer is how this fares for KH4. Square’s AAA JRPG calendar is now booked till at least mid-2024. And the fact that it seems KH4’s development is taking much, much longer than FF7 Rebirth’s. Why? They’re both in a position to build off their respective previous titles. I guess FF7 is more popular so receiving greater investment. Also seeing them remake Crisis Core makes me feel like—dang, y’all could’ve given us something comparable for Union X too. I really appreciate how they structured this showcase as a clear timeline with a transparent gameplan for the next few years, and it’s a shame they didn’t do they same for the KH anniversary. Aw well.

Not to be a downer. So much good shit coming our way.

Last edited:

the red monster

Awards
I’m so excited. Square is really on a roll. Was NOT expecting those release windows either. They’re developing the remake series astonishingly fast.

The only thing that feels like a bit of a bummer is how this fares for KH4. Square’s AAA JRPG calendar is now booked till at least mid-2024. And the fact that it seems KH4’s development is taking much, much longer than FF7 Rebirth’s. Why? They’re both in a position to build off their respective previous titles. I guess FF7 is more popular so receiving greater investment. Also seeing them remake Crisis Core makes me feel like—dang, y’all could’ve given us something comparable for Union X too. I really appreciate how they structured this showcase as a clear timeline with a transparent gameplan for the next few years, and it’s a shame they didn’t do they same for the KH anniversary. Aw well.

Not to be a downer. So much good shit coming our way.
i think KH4 takes more because the game is bigger in scope and looks way different then KH3. rebirth looks pretty much the same as the remake on ps5 to be honest, probably more touched but nowhere near the upgrade of KH3>KH4.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
At first I thought the Crisis Core Remaster Reunion trailer was going to be Part 2, seamlessly integrating the past / Kalm retelling of the Nibelheim incident with a playthrough of Zack's story. I suppose that sounds like a bit much, and honestly dont know if we've passed that point, since I haven't been able to play Intergrade, but it seems like what they are attempting with Ever Crisis at least. Even though we really don't need it, now is Square's best time to capitalize on it, with a remastered Dirge between parts 2 and 3, perhaps?

Obviously very excited for Rebirth, too. Admit one to that train, y'all.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
It’s so refreshing that these announcements didn’t happen super early in development. Between XVI, Crisis Core, and Rebirth, we’ll likely get a steady stream of updates now. I think it will fill the drought to KHIV nicely (for those of us who are FF fans as well at least.)

We might even get a release window for KHIV at D23/TGS. Maybe they didn’t want to reveal a 2024 release for that until they announced these big projects coming out sooner.
Also seeing them remake Crisis Core makes me feel like—dang, y’all could’ve given us something comparable for Union X too.
This is technically a remaster rather a remake. Basically, everything we’re seeing is built upon the original PSP version’s code. So it truly is the same game, but prettier and with improves functions. I don’t think we’d need or want a comparable thing for Union Cross.

There’s still that Nvidia leak that mentions Union Cross for PC though and the leak has been on point so far. They might reveal that once Dark Road finishes. I’m just hoping it is a true remake rather than a remaster.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
This is technically a remaster rather a remake. Basically, everything we’re seeing is built upon the original PSP version’s code. So it truly is the same game, but prettier and with improves functions. I don’t think we’d need or want a comparable thing for Union Cross.
Gameplay is different (less delay between attacks), different button layouts, more dynamic camera during battle, this is a full remake. More than likely easier to rebuild on a new engine than trying to jury rig the old one into a modern console game.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Gameplay is different (less delay between attacks), different button layouts, more dynamic camera during battle, this is a full remake. More than likely easier to rebuild on a new engine than trying to jury rig the old one into a modern console game.

Square Enix themselves is defining it as a true remaster with new character models, environment textures, etc. If they built this from the ground up, they would market it that way. Yes, there are a lot of improvements including with the UI and controls, but it is still the same game at its core. https://square-enix-games.com/en_GB/news/crisis-core-final-fantasy-vii-reunion

Back