• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I never played the OG FF7 but Imma have to play it after finishing Rebirth.

I wonder how much of the OG game is left to cover in the 3rd game.

After the 3rd game releases, I wonder what the next Final Fantasy remake will be. I haven't really played any FF games outside of the two FF7 remakes, FF16 and Kingdom Hearts (if that counts). FF8 would be kinda cool because I want to see the whole deal about Leon/Squall.

The wait is going to be horrible, I remember the KH3 wait and the current KH4 wait. I never got this excited about an FF game of all things.

No actual story spoilers, but if you want to actually know about how much is left:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I think their goal is likely to make the FFVII 30th anniversary in 2027 for Part 3. If they continue to build on the world they established and don’t try to overhaul the graphics, I think it is doable.

FFIX is probably next as it has been rumored for a while and was in the Nvidia leak.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I've been enjoying Rebirth quite a lot. Cinematography is so far beyond anything in Kingdom Hearts it's laughable. The amount of side content, NPC dialogue, and area detail is also staggering, and the combat has more to it than I expected.

I will say this, though-- it's a REAL mishap for them to hitch most of the optional content to fucking Chadley. They've vastly overestimated how much the player will want to hear this character yap yap yap yap yap. They've created a character so void of charm, so uncharismatic, and decided, yes, this is the guy you'll go through for every side objective.

On the subject of side objectives... it's cool to have stuff to do, but I think this game has deepened my appreciation for Kingdom Hearts as it is; a game where you run through beautiful worlds beating up enemies and finding treasure chests. There's a little too much heft to Rebirth's additional content and time spent explaining and establishing said content, that I don't see myself replaying this game after I finish it. It's still a great game, even a masterful game, but it's not my preferred type of game.

2 quid is good

Awards
I've been enjoying Rebirth quite a lot. Cinematography is so far beyond anything in Kingdom Hearts it's laughable. The amount of side content, NPC dialogue, and area detail is also staggering, and the combat has more to it than I expected.
I don't have a PS5 so I've allowed myself to be spoiled on some aspects and I have to say - from what I've seen, this game alone will probably get me to buy or borrow a PS5 despite spending the last 4 years looking at it as a PS4 Pro Pro. Just seeing the party interact with each other was wonderful and of course I can't particularly comment on anything else but just from watching some cutscenes made me feel a little bit jealous with how.... lacking Kingdom Hearts' presentation has become (for want of a better word)

I mean, it was always FF's little brother and baby's first JRPG which is still fine with me, but the disparity just seems so much bigger now. Hopefully I get to enjoy Rebirth soon

HakaishinChampa

Awards
No actual story spoilers, but if you want to actually know about how much is left:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I think their goal is likely to make the FFVII 30th anniversary in 2027 for Part 3. If they continue to build on the world they established and don’t try to overhaul the graphics, I think it is doable.

FFIX is probably next as it has been rumored for a while and was in the Nvidia leak.
so it shouldn't take that long to develop since they have lots of assets from Remake and Rebirth?

I just started the OG FF7 and it's kinda crazy how much they stretched Midgar in Remake, like I just finished Midgar in 4 hours in the og game but the Remake is like 40+ hours lol

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
so it shouldn't take that long to develop since they have lots of assets from Remake and Rebirth?
It's not a guarantee. They're still working out the story for Part 3, and have said they need to rebuild the world to accomodate airships. Hopefully it's on the same timeline of 4-ish years though.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Personally I wouldn’t be mad if the airship navigation was like a better version of DQXI when you ride on Cetacea. Basically a separate rendering of the world map where you can fly around and land in specific spots. They could then use an effect like Spider-Man 2 to seamlessly transition from the “world map” to the normal in game environment.

But if they do manage to seamlessly interconnect everything to be explorable with the full scale Highwind, even better! It just seems like a big ask. And honestly, it may take longer to get from place to place if it ends up being like the Tiny Bronco or the buggy. Which would push people to just use fast travel anyways.

Personally I’m excited to see what they do with the submarine and underwater areas.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I spedrun the OG FF7 till
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Not related to Rebirth, but I was wondering if it’s been confirmed yet that all three parts of Final Fantasy VII Remake trilogy will be released on PS5?

I have yet to buy a PlayStation 5, but I have played Remake on PS4. And I own a copy of Rebirth for PS5 due to the hype. I’ll be entirely blind to what happens in Rebirth because, Remake is as far as I got in the Original FFVII. :LOL: Dying to play Rebirth and waiting to afford a PS5.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The third part isn't confirmed to be on PS5 but I feel like it'll be a guarantee that it will be if they have a good timeline for the development.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Agreed with Chaser. If anything, it’ll be cross-gen. They’ll want to take advantage of the PS5 install base being at its peak by that point.

D

Deleted member 282472

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Gotta say, some of the hard difficulty mini games are rough. There’s a few I’m not sure I’ll even be attempting.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
something inside of me has changed. this game is minigame crack. I love it. I am not invested in the ongoing story at all. I am a slave to the endless minigame objectives and it feels so good. This game is beyond special with how it looks, presents itself, feels to explore, and, most important, endlessly diverts my attention. there are not enough hours in the day for me to screw around with all these minigames.

Awards
So overall, what are thoughts on how this game is compared to the original? I haven't played the original at all, and I'm not sure I plan to. But I'm curious. I'm not a huge Final Fantasy guy, but I had to check it out for Cloud, Sephiroth, Aerith, Tifa, etc. and am enjoying it.

Back