• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Oh man. Amazing trailer and amazing looking game. The fact that the first part alone is on two discs is insane to me. This game is going to be massive.
FFXV should have really been the first game to have two discs haha.

I really need to get my Final Fantasy XV disc back so I can play Episode Ardyn and then delete the 120-ish GB of data to make way for this colossal game.

Right on time. My point exactly.

Watching the presentation was great and I really loved the fans reactions. They bamboozled us so hard when they said something like "You guys want to see Tifa huh?" and the crowd yelled out, but vaguely said "soon soon soon" AND THEN THEY ACTUALLY SHOWED HER IN A NEW TRAILER ASIDE FROM THE LEAKED ONE. Man, I did not see that coming. Asking the audience questions is always a good way to engage and test the audience. And this presentation really nailed it.

Also, here's a look at the CE edition if anyone hadn't seen it:

Great detail, though I think Cloud's model could use some work. I know some peeps here despise the joints haha.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I wonder how viable "only play as X character " challenge runs will be?

6e4f90a.jpg

Hard Edge sighting.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Also, here's a look at the CE edition if anyone hadn't seen it:

View attachment 11774

Great detail, though I think Cloud's model could use some work. I know some peeps here despise the joints haha.

Yeah, I'm one of the people here who typically prefers statues without joints. I do understand the joints though, I mean the poses that the joints allow are amazing, and this one looks good enough and the game is important enough to me that I'm grabbing this one.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
It will be my first time playing FF7 and once again, I got incredibly satisfied with the trailer.

The graphics, character models, gameplay voice acting, music... Everything seems perfect! It will be fun to compare it to FF15.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
They’ve confirmed it will end with the escape from Midgar. Since they’ll have to significantly expand the story, how would you feel if we get playable sections as Tifa, Barrett, and Aerith that expand their stories when they aren’t with Cloud?

For example, we don’t really know what Barrett was doing while Cloud and Aerith are rescuing Tifa. That gap could be turned into a subplot further developing the Avalanche members. Likewise, maybe they could show Aerith and Red XIII developing a friendship when they’re being held captive by Hojo.

Thoughts?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
If the Remake's first episode will end with the escape from Midgar, does this mean that they're going full blown open-world with Midgar? We'll get to explore every Sector and its Slum counterpart?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
If the Remake's first episode will end with the escape from Midgar, does this mean that they're going full blown open-world with Midgar? We'll get to explore every Sector and its Slum counterpart?

I doubt that they're going to show literally eight sectors and eight slums. Wouldn't that get a bit repetitive?
However, I think that what's already there will be expanded HEAVILY. The small market next to Aerith's house alone will probably be huge in the remake.
This remake are sick.

On a different note, everyone is absolutely stunning.
I'm glad it only covers Midgar. I don't think my fragile heart would be able to deal with the combined power of Tifa's and Vincent's beauty in one go. (Honestly, though, there's SO much content there and I'm loving how it seems like they're focusing more on ALL characters, in one way or another.)

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
It frustrates me so much that the cast was replaced. And for what? I don't know who the replacements are, but I guess it's to try and gain mainstream appeal? And this seems like such a sudden decision, too.

And is it truly the entire cast? So...no Steve Blum?!

or Rick Gomez?!!

or Quinton Flynn?!!!

or Liam O'Brien?!!!!

or Jamieson Price?!!!!! ;A;

The worst thing about this though, is it means no one is safe. Not even the new actors.

blank points

Awards
It frustrates me so much that the cast was replaced. And for what? I don't know who the replacements are, but I guess it's to try and gain mainstream appeal? And this seems like such a sudden decision, too.

And is it truly the entire cast? So...no Steve Blum?!

or Rick Gomez?!!

or Quinton Flynn?!!!

or Liam O'Brien?!!!!

or Jamieson Price?!!!!! ;A;

The worst thing about this though, is it means no one is safe. Not even the new actors.

That is the one thing I can't help but worry about myself. It seems Square wanted to go the KH route and gain celebrity actors to voice most of the main cast. The one problem is the availability of said actors. I honestly don't know if Square can afford to keep many of these actors around in the long haul. That was the one thing about the old cast, their availability. Even Steve, who is a celebrity himself, stayed because he just wanted to voice Cloud. They may not find someone like that again. I do hope that maybe this cast change is only for the remake, and maybe Steve, George, and the others will continue to voice the characters in other projects. This might be wishful thinking, seeing as Steve's twitter post seems like he is stepping down permanently. I am really liking a lot of the new cast so far, I just hope Square didn't shoot themselves in the foot with this decision when it comes to actors actually being available.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I think the new VAs are amazing, but I agree that the fact that there was no NEED for most of them to change just leaves a bitter taste. Like...why? I'll accept them, but I feel really sorry for the old VAs who I doubt wanted to leave.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I hope Sephiroth's new VA can deliver a good "Good to see you, Cloud" line.

Also, what version of One-Winged Angel do you think will play in the game? Normal one, or AC one? Advent Children is sick!

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Wait... so what is releasing is going to be Part 1? How many parts will there be? I was hoping to buy it all as one game and complete it. Why would they need 2 discs for Part 1?

Awards
I hope Sephiroth's new VA can deliver a good "Good to see you, Cloud" line.

Also, what version of One-Winged Angel do you think will play in the game? Normal one, or AC one? Advent Children is sick!

Well we won’t know until the last part releases because it only plays during the final boss. So we’ll find out in about 10 years maybe 😌

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
This one.

Wait... so what is releasing is going to be Part 1? How many parts will there be? I was hoping to buy it all as one game and complete it. Why would they need 2 discs for Part 1?
They apparently have no clue how many parts there will be.

The 2 discs is because it's just that big, I guess.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I hate that Cloud got a new VA. VII isn't my favorite FF, but I'm really looking forward to this. Looks great so far.

Back