• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
The only thing I was not happy about the DLC was no jumping, and I'm not happy that I don't have a job at the moment to pre-order this.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Played the demo. Liked it. A lot. Liked the battle system. Haven't tried turn-based, nor do I intend to do so, seeing as how I have the HD Remaster on my Switch. Which, by the way, playing the demo gave me urges to play the original, hahahaah. Speaking a bit back on the battle system, I'm definitely open to Square remaking more classic FF games on this engine. Maybe FFVIII next time around? Or perhaps a retelling of FFI?

D

Deleted member 246005

I liked the demo but im unsure of the game being split up.

I'll wait and read the reviews first.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I liked the demo but im unsure of the game being split up.

I'll wait and read the reviews first.
Per how they're expanding everything, I think it's safe to say that Midgar will be very big. Remember that there's also a lot of variety in Midgar in terms of locale and individual characteristics of places.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Yeah, I have every intention of playing the full original game before this first part releases next month. Spring break and all.

Man, that demo was fun. This is definitely not your momma's FFVII. Playing as all the party members in the action RPG setting isn't something I'm used to, and I love it. I haven't returned FFXV since they incorporated that element, and I had hoped KHIII would (though I can't speak for Re:Mind, since I haven't played it). The combat is so fleshed out and fast-paced (I played the normal/highest difficulty), that I felt rusty even by the end of it. I'd like to play it again post-original if there's time, as I didn't get a good staggering technique down.

General hypisms: the maps dwarfing the originals, omg, the sweet music and my dear Jessie. 💞

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yeah, I have every intention of playing the full original game before this first part releases next month. Spring break and all.
haha I laugh because I tweeted this: I got urges to play the original game after playing the DEMO, hahahaha. The Midgar segment of Disc One is about three to five hours long. The reality that they might expand it to 30-40 hours amazes me and am eager to see how they pull it of.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
haha I laugh because I tweeted this: I got urges to play the original game after playing the DEMO, hahahaha. The Midgar segment of Disc One is about three to five hours long. The reality that they might expand it to 30-40 hours amazes me and am eager to see how they pull it of.

I actually had the intention of playing the original before the demo was announced/released, but I was still wrapping up with my Comrades community. Once the demo dropped, I knew I needed a taste test. But now, it's back to the original. Even though I know Remake only covers Midgar, it's been over 15 years since I've played it. I believe I was in 6th or 7th grade. It's been too long. o_O

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I actually had the intention of playing the original before the demo was announced/released, but I was still wrapping up with my Comrades community. Once the demo dropped, I knew I needed a taste test. But now, it's back to the original. Even though I know Remake only covers Midgar, it's been over 15 years since I've played it. I believe I was in 6th or 7th grade. It's been too long. o_O
Oh damn, I replayed the original when it was released for Switch ahahah

Chuuya

Awards
Let's hope it doesn't get delayed due to the corona virus....
I would say it's not, it's been delayed before and Chaser said it shouldn't be delayed again. I just pre-ordered it so it'll also give me something to do while my school is closed.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I would say it's not, it's been delayed before and Chaser said it shouldn't be delayed again. I just pre-ordered it so it'll also give me something to do while my school is closed.

I'd would hope so. Is that they're delaying the majority of things and including imported items...so yeah.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com

I'd would hope so. Is that they're delaying the majority of things and including imported items...so yeah.

All sorts of shipments, deliveries and truck drivers are going to be peripherally affected. There's no telling what may happen before street date. Nothing is guaranteed.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I would say it's not, it's been delayed before and Chaser said it shouldn't be delayed again.
I was speaking from a production on the game point of view. The world has completely changed within the last four days.

But as of now, Square Enix is still going towards April 10th for both digital and physical. It’s just shops are closing so while shipments may not be cancelled or delayed, people may struggle to get their physical copy.

Chuuya

Awards
They’re keeping the April 10th launch but will advise in case things change over the next three weeks.

Knew I should have pre-ordered it digitally...
Yes, things have really took a turn in the world in the last week. I was just really hoping things would still go to plan upon the release of the game, but I guess there's no predicting where things can go at this point. Gotta sit and wait for updates now.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I wonder how current trends will affect the development of the next original entry to the FINAL FANTASY franchise (XVI). Devs typically observe trends in gaming and pop culture. Wonder if FFXVI will be an open-world, post apocaliptic world? A la Death Stranding?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Finally played the demo and it’s everything I could have asked for. I love the writing, some parts are quite clever and witty. The tension between Barret and Cloud is so well done and the subtle flirting between Cloud and Jessie is good too. Both Barret and Cloud have some seriously good comebacks. I found myself laughing at most of them.

The combat gameplay is pretty satisfying, but it is pretty much just button smashing. Honestly I’m cool with that. The only technical part I found was when to switch characters and I think it will become natural with more practice.

Was the demo linear? Yeah, but it’s a demo. Really hoping to see more open world qualities in the full game.

Music is a 10/10. Holy shit I’m so ready for this game

Last edited:
Back