• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I haven’t read an IGN review in a few years, but they straight up said “A few parts can only be described as some Kingdom Hearts BS” lol

PikaPal

Awards
I haven’t read an IGN review in a few years, but they straight up said “A few parts can only be described as some Kingdom Hearts BS” lol
Get ready for some classic Nomura moments then. :D

NoWay

Awards
So far FF7R is fire. I really enjoy the gameplay, the story and the characters. I’ve been playing the game for 10hrs and except of 2 sidequests the game is phenomenal! :love:

I haven’t played the original game, but does it differ that much from the PS1 section of Midgar story wise?

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
^
I'll be carefull with spoilers, but from the cutscenes I have seen on YouTube:
* Everything between the two bombing missions is new expanded story
* When you meet Aerith you also run into Rude several hours before in the original
* The main goal of Wall Market is the same, but the execution is very different
* When the major thing happens, that show the lengths Shinra will go to to win Wedge survives

The ending I only know from second or third hand comments, but:
* The whispers that show up now and again, are spirits from the future, trying to make sure things happen as they are destined to (eg. happen as in the OG FFVII)
* Sephiroth shows himself to Palmer, a lot sooner, so President Shinra is aware of his presence and is thus not already dead, when the party reaches his office.
* The main Avalanche group (from Before Crisis) attacks the Shinra Building to let the party escape
* Sephiroth kills Barret, but the Spirits revive him, since it wasn't his destined time to die
* Sephiroth tricks the party to destroy the spirits, thus opening up the possibility of changing destiny in the future

tldr; The main story is the same, just expanded. Only the spirits, and their part seems to differ from the original

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I've been really good at avoiding spoilers, but I found out earlier that-

-SUPER DUPER REALLY BIG END GAME SPOILER AHEAD! DON'T LOOK IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR SANITY-

-they added a shitty history rewrite plot. This game is not an actual remake but a new story about altering the events of the original game. Those shadowy flying things we saw in the trailers are beings trying to keep fate from changing.

I have lost any and all interest in this game. This is so stupid, it's not even funny.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I've been really good at avoiding spoilers, but I found out earlier that-

-SUPER DUPER REALLY BIG END GAME SPOILER AHEAD! DON'T LOOK IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR SANITY-

-they added a shitty history rewrite plot. This game is not an actual remake but a new story about altering the events of the original game. Those shadowy flying things we saw in the trailers are beings trying to keep fate from changing.

I have lost any and all interest in this game. This is so stupid, it's not even funny.
Why so I get the feeling This is all to set up the Yozora stuff in KH4?[

Zul

Awards

Heh, I guessed what the not-dementors were correctly, they're basically ff7 purist fans trying to turn the remake into the original, the game's ending is a meta-statement saying things are going differently this time, the characters don't want the same tragedy repeated. I'm guessing Jessie and Zack are going to be revealed to be alive and Aerith may actually survive this one. I knew things would be different but had completely dismissed the idea of Aerith surviving.

I thought the whispers randomly appearing and knocking people around was annoying and hope they don't show up later(the ending implies they're all defeated).

I'm neutral on the whole whisper thing but liked everything else.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Why so I get the feeling This is all to set up the Yozora stuff in KH4?[
giphy.gif

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Toriyama and Nojima were the ones who handled the story, so I doubt it.
The reason I pointed this out is that Kingdom Hearts' more recent story has been about "defying fate" and "destiny", and that being the entire point of FF7R as a [I]plot point[/I] to make things happen differently is very similar to the whole worldlines thing in KH. I don't see Nomura having no say whatsoever in the story, as he is the director for the game. And it kinda seems, considering his older interviews where he revealed he was more sympathetic to Xehanort than Sora, that he himself is going through something in his life that is making him question "Destiny" and "Fate". Thus him putting it into all his most recent games way more than he used to.

It's not something I WANT to happen, but it is suspicious.

2 quid is good

Awards
If anything it goes against the last thing Sora said to Xehanort, about "accepting fate" and such.

So, FF7R. The characterisation is really really great, but there is gonna be a shitshow of epic proportions next week when most people have finished the game. While I'm not a fan of the endgame twist, it doesn't bother me supremely because I stopped caring about plot in SE games and my life has been better for it.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I don't care if it happens in KH4, WoFF2, or where ever else; the world needs a Roche/Gilgamesh/Ultros crossover!

Nukara

Awards
People reddit and gamefaqs speaking their mind the ff7r ending, I did not expect to see so many KH haters on those two sites.😅
I have not seen the final game, but is it really so bad?
What is strange is that the games from Nomura should, in my opinion, temper people to unexpected turns.

Last edited:

GreyouTT

Awards
The reason I pointed this out is that Kingdom Hearts' more recent story has been about "defying fate" and "destiny", and that being the entire point of FF7R as a [I]plot point[/I] to make things happen differently is very similar to the whole worldlines thing in KH. I don't see Nomura having no say whatsoever in the story, as he is the director for the game. And it kinda seems, considering his older interviews where he revealed he was more sympathetic to Xehanort than Sora, that he himself is going through something in his life that is making him question "Destiny" and "Fate". Thus him putting it into all his most recent games way more than he used to.

Eh, it's not like other SE games haven't done that. [I]looks at Bravely Default[/I]

U.N. Owen

Awards

Concepts of destiny and fate and whether to avert them or not go back, at least in modern SE history, to the FNC universe which died in a puddle of its own blood, so it's not surprising to see them here.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Also eh, but Bravely Default is a different case. It's not like it's passing itself off as a remake of an old game.

I don’t know anything about the spoilers in this game yet but I will say Nomura, Kitase, and Toriyama did say in their interviews leading up to release that this game wasn’t a traditional remake. Also we know these men. “Remake” never meant remake as we know it but “remake” like to completely “make something differently” which is a valid definition of the word and we all should have expected this from day 1.

Back