• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

English audio version of the gameplay. I really wanted to give the new VAs a fair shake, but some of this is making me really miss the OGs.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
We need Reunion to b e part of the Remake universe in order to know Cissney's name
Like roku said, you name Cissnei in Before Crisis. That was why we don’t get her real name in Crisis Core.

Also Reunion is a part of the Remake universe in that it is the experience Zack has prior to Cloud and co. rewriting fate lol

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I wouldn't be shocked if there was a secret ending that ties into rebirth though.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wouldn't be shocked if there was a secret ending that ties into rebirth though.
This is what I’m expecting. Nomura keeps reiterating that they aren’t changing or adding to the story, but them saying that doesn’t mean they can’t add something AFTER.

I’m trying not to get my hopes up about it because they could absolutely mean what they say, but it’s also the sort of language that absolutely still leaves the possibility open. I don’t see how they wouldn’t considering they’ve completely replaced the original cast with the Remake cast.

blank points

Awards
This is what I’m expecting. Nomura keeps reiterating that they aren’t changing or adding to the story, but them saying that doesn’t mean they can’t add something AFTER.

I’m trying not to get my hopes up about it because they could absolutely mean what they say, but it’s also the sort of language that absolutely still leaves the possibility open. I don’t see how they wouldn’t considering they’ve completely replaced the original cast with the Remake cast.
To add to this, the fact that they remade the character models with the Remake ones also seems to imply this as well. If you think about it, if this wasn't really connected to the Remake, they may as well have just given us a upscaled version of the original for the current consoles. But the fact they went out of their way to redo the visuals to match the Remake, along with the voices, seems to pretty much confirm this is the Remake timeline. Also including the fact that it features an R word, Reunion, like the other parts of the Remake will.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
309611797_5690936714276065_7373540915121374230_n.jpg

The flip phone is bothering me a lot. They should update this to match today's times and FF7 Remake. 😅

AegisXIII

Awards
309611797_5690936714276065_7373540915121374230_n.jpg

The flip phone is bothering me a lot. They should update this to match today's times and FF7 Remake. 😅
It makes sense that 5 years before FFVII, they had flip phones. A great way to show it's in the past.
And actually, flip phones are coming back (and yeah they look like s**t)
1665267955630.png

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Does anyone know how many games total will be released to get the full story of the FFVII REMAKE Universe? Will it just be the two FFVII games and Crisis Core Remake?

Awards
Does anyone know how many games total will be released to get the full story of the FFVII REMAKE Universe? Will it just be the two FFVII games and Crisis Core Remake?
It's going to be a 3 part remake (so Remake, Rebirth and whatever part 3 will be called) plus CC: Reunion, The First Soldier, Ever Crisis and probably a whole bunch of unannounced games. If I remember correctly, Nomura had said something about 'Even more FF7 projects' earlier this year.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It's going to be a 3 part remake (so Remake, Rebirth and whatever part 3 will be called) plus CC: Reunion, The First Soldier, Ever Crisis and probably a whole bunch of unannounced games. If I remember correctly, Nomura had said something about 'Even more FF7 projects' earlier this year.
Thanks for telling me. I'm waiting for them all to come out. I suppose I will just wait for the 3 main games to be released and go from there.

NoWay

Awards
I have been replaying FF7R. On my first walkthrough I was blown away and I loved everything about it.
Unfortunately, my second walkthrough didn’t end up quite well. I realized how many filler content the game has considering how short the Midgar Part was in the original. And these passages were such a stretch..

Now I’m playing Intermission and I have to admit that I hate Yuffie in the remake universe. She’s so annoying. I know her KH iteration and loved her character as she was so sympathetic and mature. As for now, Intermission completely fails to make me like her. I’m still playing the DLC and although I really enjoy it gameplay-wise, Yuffie really disappoints me.

I’m still hoping for her to be more likeable during the end of the DLC.

NoWay

Awards
Yuffie has always been annoying though, it's part of her charm. Her role in Crisis Core is making Zack's life hell on every side mission she's in
Maybe I start to like her in the next installments or I’ll get used to her

palizinhas

Awards
Maybe I start to like her in the next installments or I’ll get used to her
If you only know the FFVII characters through the remake and KH though I should warn you that you'll be really disappointed with abusive husband Cid. He's definitely the biggest departure from the original in KH, though they'll probably tone him down in the new one.

AegisXIII

Awards
I have been replaying FF7R. On my first walkthrough I was blown away and I loved everything about it.
Unfortunately, my second walkthrough didn’t end up quite well. I realized how many filler content the game has considering how short the Midgar Part was in the original. And these passages were such a stretch..

Now I’m playing Intermission and I have to admit that I hate Yuffie in the remake universe. She’s so annoying. I know her KH iteration and loved her character as she was so sympathetic and mature. As for now, Intermission completely fails to make me like her. I’m still playing the DLC and although I really enjoy it gameplay-wise, Yuffie really disappoints me.

I’m still hoping for her to be more likeable during the end of the DLC.
For me, it was the opposite. First playthrough was okay but I wasn't entirely sure it was a masterpiece. Now I am trying to platinum it and I must say I enjoy the attention to detail in every steps.
My only complaint as of right now is that graphics are inconsistent and sometimes break the immersion. For example, we can clearly see how "fake" the pillar is. Just go in a corner and you can see that the top of the pillar does not touch the plate (since the plate is a texture). The worst part is the chapter with the ghosts where tifa constantly points to the pillar being attacked and you can see that it has no upper part to begin with.

Back