• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AegisXIII

Awards
There's a fan theory that Vincent might be Sephiroth's birth father instead of Hojo. I wonder if they might do something with that.
I doubt it. Hojo is too self obsessed to pass the oportunity to give his genes to his most advanced prototype.

AegisXIII

Awards
Actually, I don't know if you guys realized but they changed a bit the dialogues in some scenes. Mostly the texted ones. We might finally understand what Genesis is saying.

D

Deleted member 246005

I don't mind remaking Dirge of Cerberus but I'd probably mix in Advent Children's plot. Both plots deal with the same theme of overcoming Survivor's guilt and atonement for past wrongs. So putting cloud and Vincent's arcs against each other in comparison is a better way to showcase them.

AegisXIII

Awards
There are a lot of gameplay now about crisis core and I am impressed by the overall graphics quality. Fun fact, they use raytracing a lot on PS5. It even has more raytracing than Intergrade. In the streets of Midgar, you can see the proper reflection while on remake it was a placeholder texture. For the ps4, it's regular textures so that might explain why ps4 version is twice the size of ps5 one.

shuyin_zer0

Awards
There are a lot of gameplay now about crisis core and I am impressed by the overall graphics quality. Fun fact, they use raytracing a lot on PS5. It even has more raytracing than Intergrade. In the streets of Midgar, you can see the proper reflection while on remake it was a placeholder texture. For the ps4, it's regular textures so that might explain why ps4 version is twice the size of ps5 one.
PS4 version is twice the size because the PS5 version takes advantage of Kraken compression

D

Deleted member 246005

I'm watching Episode Intermission on YouTube and I like Sonom and the new characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 246005

Are we gonna get to Sephiroth's time in the Wutai War? Could we get to see young designs for Angeal and Genesis as well?

I'd be into that prequel.

Last edited by a moderator:

the red monster

Awards
Paying crisis core (reunion) for the first time, it feels and look like a low budget/lite version of remake which is fine i guess since it is a remaster. the combat feels decent. enemies dropping on you every five seconds gets annoying real fast though.
you can really tell it's an old game by the sizes of zones and very limited exploration areas.
playing switch version btw. it runs fine but resolution sucks. i imagine it looks way cleaner on other platforms.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The visuals do look really good on PS5. I've put almost 7 hours into it and just reached chapter 4.

AegisXIII

Awards
Yes it's amazing. I've already spotted some minor inconsistencies with remake, mostly within the sector8 where the loveless theater building is totally different. But not as different as hollow bastion between two KH entries, so nothing to worry about. ^^
The only issue I can have with it is the low quality pre-rendered cutscenes. Despite the fact they used AI to enhance them, it doesn't work everywhere and I wish they would have been able to rerender them with a higher resolution (did they loose the files for those scenes as well). Also the skybox in sector5 slums for the plate is low res. They could use the ones from intergrade.
But overall it's one of the best remasters I have seen. They did an amazing job.

AegisXIII

Awards
The cast has been great barring Zack’s VA. Even without comparing it to Rick Gomez, his voice and acting isn’t cutting it for me.
Agreed, he sounds a bit too sound of himself. Rick Gomez added much more depth in my opinion.
But apparently, Rick Gomez is still in the game. They forgot one line. :p

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The cast has been great barring Zack’s VA. Even without comparing it to Rick Gomez, his voice and acting isn’t cutting it for me.
I did like his delivery on a new line added to a cutscene. It’s during a phone call with Sephiroth in chapter…. 3? I think?

But he is coming across as just voicing the character as yelling at a higher pitch rather than putting the grit into the character like Rick did.

AegisXIII

Awards
I wonder how different some of the locations will be in Rebirth compared to Crisis Core Reunion. Even if they reused the assets from Remake in midgar, the structure of the rooms is still the same than in the original game. For example, the sector8 structure is vastly different between the two games. The fountain is smaller in crisis core and some of the buildings are not at the same location. I wonder what it could mean for Nibelheim or Junon?

NoWay

Awards
Currently playing CC and I really like the gameplay and the story. I also like the graphics, although Sephiroth looks really strange sometimes. His hair doesn’t look right.
What impressed me the most: the CG cutscenes! Especially the fighting scene between Sephiroth, Genesis and Angeal un Chapter 3 or 4. And there also plenty of CG cutscenes! I was wondering if these were already in the PSP version?

Right now, I’m playing chapter 6 or 7 and I’m having a really good time.

AegisXIII

Awards
Currently playing CC and I really like the gameplay and the story. I also like the graphics, although Sephiroth looks really strange sometimes. His hair doesn’t look right.
What impressed me the most: the CG cutscenes! Especially the fighting scene between Sephiroth, Genesis and Angeal un Chapter 3 or 4. And there also plenty of CG cutscenes! I was wondering if these were already in the PSP version?

Right now, I’m playing chapter 6 or 7 and I’m having a really good time.
Yes the CG were already in the psp version. They used AI algorithms to improve their quality and sometimes it shows but overall, they did a pretty good job.
So you haven't played the original right? The gameplay got a major update and feels incredibly dynamic.

Back