• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VIII Remastered coming 2019!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
After years of wondering, FFVIII is finally being remastered and releasing this year on PS4, Xbox One, Steam, and Switch!!!

• French developer Dotemu is assisting with the remaster.

• Most of the the original version’s development team is working on the remaster, including Director Yoshinori Kitase, Hiroshi Harada (battle programmer), Tomohiro Kayano (character models), and Tetsuya Nomura (character designer & battle visual director).

• Battle Assistance/Cheats (Max HP, Max ATB, etc.) will be present.

Chocobo World will NOT be included. The items you could only obtain from it will be available through Rinoa’s Limit Break, Angelo Search.

• Although the remaster is being built upon the 2013 Steam release, which itself was a re-release of the 1999 PC port but with a few gameplay extras, it WILL implement the original PlayStation version’s music and not the PC’s poor quality midi music.

Last edited:

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I am soooo hyped for this, it has bothered me endlessly to have this one missing from the remaster lineup, especially because it was not only my first Final Fantasy, but my first RPG ever.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Happy it's finally getting a remaster, but I just finished playing the original for the first time, and have no interest in replaying any time soon. lol

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Yay, now I can finally understand what Leon is about besides his KH story.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Yay, now I can finally understand what Leon is about besides his KH story.
It's always so funny to me when I talk to KH fans that haven't played it and they call him Leon 😂 Not making fun or anything, just something that I've found genuinely funny since elementary school, I don't know why they decided to do that with his name.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
It's always so funny to me when I talk to KH fans that haven't played it and they call him Leon 😂 Not making fun or anything, just something that I've found genuinely funny since elementary school, I don't know why they decided to do that with his name.
I'm fairly sure it was to make Squall's appearance a surprise, and also as a way of showing he's different from the original VIII version.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Well he has a reason in-game, but I guess Nomura just didn't want to outright say Squall? I like the name Leon for him, so I dunno. I feel like if I play FFVIII I will be calling him Leon throughout the whole game.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Really looking forward to this. It's not one of my favorites in the series, but I can definitely appreciate the OST, the world building and some of the characters. Can't wait to see mah boi Zell in HD on my TV. <3

Awards
Well he has a reason in-game, but I guess Nomura just didn't want to outright say Squall? I like the name Leon for him, so I dunno. I feel like if I play FFVIII I will be calling him Leon throughout the whole game.

Well since you since you can name him, go with “Leon” instead of the default “Squall” lol

Really looking forward to this. It's not one of my favorites in the series, but I can definitely appreciate the OST, the world building and some of the characters. Can't wait to see mah boi Zell in HD on my TV. <3

I’ve never actually played it before, but I’ve read the story and listened to a lot of the music (which is probably the best FF OST after XV in my opinion) and I really liked them. I think Ultimecia is the greatest antagonist in the entire FF series after Kefka, because those 2 are pure evil and don’t have any kind of tragic past that made them that way or make you feel sympathy for them like pretty much all of the other FF antagonists. So I really wanna give it a chance.

The only thing I’m worried about is if I can get used to the Junction system, which I hear is the main reason why it’s hard for people to get into the game.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Square showed off some comparison images:

20190612_120939.jpg

Siliconera

Soooooo much better. Looks great. You can actually make out Squall's face. Now when Rinoa says "You're the best looking guy here" we'll know what she actually means haha.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
The only thing I’m worried about is if I can get used to the Junction system, which I hear is the main reason why it’s hard for people to get into the game.

Which I don't really understand, to be honest.
Yes, you combine your best spells with your stats, meaning you don't want to use them up if you don't wanna be super weak. However, there are good spells (= they boost your stats well) which you really don't need to use often anyway. Other than that, FF8 really isn't...hard, meaning even if you don't have absolutely perfect stats, you'll easily get around.
I never had trouble with the junction system and never understood why it was SO hated. xD

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Day one purchase for me as long as it doesn't come with the now infamous music bug that has already plagued a bunch of other remasters.

And yeah, the Junction system is not hard to understand at all if you actually pay attention. It's like the Sphere Grid system in FFX - it looks overwhelming when the game first introduces it to you, but then after you've played for a couple of hours it'll start to look really simple and easy to follow.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
If this gets a physical release for the PS the way that the X / X-2 Remaster did, I'm definitely getting it.

Can't wait for the remake! If it'll be at least any similar to how RE 2 came out, I'll stomp my little feet like a cute magical pony! <3

Source: StateofPlay News

And while we're all waiting for the title, I suggest buying the new Shadowbringers DLC for FF XIV, can't bloody wait for the official release, so much is going to change in-game! <3

Stocked, psyched, and ready to roll with all the world's might!

Awards

The Kid

Awards
Squall is a super good looking guy and he's not even in the top half of my fav FF protagonists. I def agree with Rinoa's line now in the remaster

Back