• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy X Gone Solo! ...again? :<

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
Yes, yes.

The next month or so I have basically.. well.. nothing to do during the main week, so, I'm going to go for another play through Final Fantasy X using only one character. :3

If you were here/remember, a long time ago I started and finished a Lulu solo, which was hella fun, but it was a little too easy for my liking. Lulu is one of the games most powerful characters all the way through normal gameplay, so she made it a bit of a breeze with good customization.

Now I'm planning on someone else, someone who it will be a little harder with.. I'm thinking perhaps Auron. I would use Tidus, but, well, I never did like him, as a fighter or a character.

I doubt anyone will want to do this, but, it's worth a shot. Every other character is free for use, and if you wish to give it a go, feel free to join me. The time it took me to complete it with Lulu was around 30 hours - so less than a normal playthrough, which averages for me 40 hours, and that's without Celestial's and such.

Same rules still apply:

- You are only allowed to use Character X.
- You can activate Sphere Grid Nodes ONLY for
Character X.
- Other active party members have to try to escape in a battle immediately. If they don't succeed; you are lucky and they have to try it again next turn..
- In most boss-battles, your characters cannot escape. Have them change weapons constantly. You are not allowed to defend with them cause this will reduce any physical damage. They are not allowed to kill themselves. You don't have to kill them with
Character X, but you are allowed to.
- Don't revive fallen party members.
- You can customize any Weapon/Armor for
Character X.
- You are allowed to equip Armors/Weapons for other party members. You are NOT allowed to customize new Armors/Weapons (such as Evade and Counter after visiting Bikanel) for other party members.
- You are allowed to make other characters join the party because of their Weapon/Armors or stats (such as Auron of high HP or Rikku of quite high Agility. Or Yuna on Djose Highroad with Stoneproof)
- You are not allowed to switch in party members with a Sensor-weapon equiped, so that you can check HP and elemental weaknesses.
- In battles where
Character X does not participate, you are allowed to use any abilities/overdrives for other Party Members.

There are *2* exceptions in which you are allowed to cheat.

Character X ONLY CHALLENGE EXCEPTION 1:
The bossfight with the Crawler is impossible with only
Character X (if they are a magic user), cause Negator disables all magics. You are allowed to use an overdrive with Rikku.

Character X ONLY CHALLENGE EXCEPTION 2:
First Seymour's Anima is impossible with only
Character X, cause the other characters will be dead and the first Pain will kill Character X. You are allowed to use a Mega Phoenix and summoning Shiva to kill Anima.

Character X = Whatever character you choose, if you decide to give this a go.

Come on, join the fun! >=O

S

Shadow Soldier

Dude, Wakka, come on. Use him. Doing nothing but beating the game by throwing the ball at enemies? COME ON!

Ryu

an obscene gesture
I would continue my Rikku solo, but to do that I'll have to get my PS2 here and an exclusively available TV, and that probably won't happen for quite some time. )': I'll do my best though.

Anyone else, come on it's fun. It's a challenge, and it's awesome doing everything with just your favorite character. JOIN OK, ty.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
Eh, quick question.

When you chose Lulu, how did you beat the fights where you HAD to use a different character. For example, the underwater fights when you were restricted to Tidus, Wakka, and Rikku? Also, there are a few areas where Lulu cannot even be accessible. So, did you just get lucky with those parts, or what?

I'd do it, but I would have to have a long period of time where I had nothing to do. Right now is a good time, but I've been busy indulging myself with FFXII and FFIII DS. So, perhaps in the summer I'll give it a try.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
Eh, quick question.

When you chose Lulu, how did you beat the fights where you HAD to use a different character. For example, the underwater fights when you were restricted to Tidus, Wakka, and Rikku? Also, there are a few areas where Lulu cannot even be accessible. So, did you just get lucky with those parts, or what?

- In battles where Lulu does not participate, you are allowed to use any
abilities/overdrives for other Party Members
This would also include areas I would assume otherwise you couldn't beat the game.

Iwrestledabearonce

&#916;drug gang&#916;
Awards
I'll go buy a copy of FFX, and use. . . . Wakka.

So, once I get a copy, I'll do this, okay? Sounds like fun.

:)

EDIT: Got my copy of FFX, just quickly playing my old file for times sake.

Jeez. . . I'm wondering who to use. I like the way Rikku sounds, and Lulu, but I think I'll give Wakka a shot. Maybe Tidus.

EDIT #2: Gonna do it with Tidus. Just trying to max out my current characters (somewhat) right now. <_<

Sorry to double-post, but I just started my solo, and I'm wondering: When your with Auron in Zanarkand (prolouge), you have to use his Overdrive. I don't think this counts as breaking the rules, does it?

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
Sorry to double-post, but I just started my solo, and I'm wondering: When your with Auron in Zanarkand (prolouge), you have to use his Overdrive. I don't think this counts as breaking the rules, does it?

Anything you have to do isn't breaking the rules, nope.

I think there's a FAQ on gamefaqs for Tidus, you should check it out. It'll give good advice on what items to get for customization, as it's the key to completing these types of games.

Chris

I share this account w/ my mom lmao
Awards
I just got the game last week, and I am having trouble with all the characters xD

The most impossible one would most likely be Wakka...He sucks.

And you get Rikku pretty late, how could anyone do that one?

Ryu

an obscene gesture
Actually I managed to get through the game until you get Rikku relatively easy. The fight against the machina underwater (after the shoopuf cutscene) is the hardest though. There was a certain weapon you could give Tidus to make that fight easier, though I didn't get that, so it was pretty hard. VX probably has more details on that, I'm a bit rusty with FF since I haven't played it in months.

Anyway, if you choose Rikku, the rules are that you can use any character you want until then, however not activate any nodes in their sphere grids.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
FFX is kinda hard to do solo. I'm doing FFXII solo with Basch, you all should try that too.

It's not so hard when you know your character's capabilities. As for FFXII, it's not out here yet, I'd solo it, but I haven't even finished the game normally, let alone starting on a solo.

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
It's not so hard when you know your character's capabilities. As for FFXII, it's not out here yet, I'd solo it, but I haven't even finished the game normally, let alone starting on a solo.

Yesss, like Lulu. TRY TO TAKE ON A BLACK MAGE? Please. Especially a sexy momma goff black magixian.

I haven't carried on with mine yet, I probably should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back