• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - July 11th 2017

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Aah, so I was right! Thank you!

I remember that I got it from Fran`s home village, and after checking it indeed is found from there. You go to the "second floor", past the salve making outpost to the other, and there is this odd floating diamond chest. Haste spell can be found from that chest.

[video]https://youtu.be/6-nEI4BqpIg?t=38[/video]

Oh my god. Thanks a bunch, couldve sworn its somethinh I cant buy.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Does anyone know for sure where one can get the steal-enhancing Thief gloves the earliest?

I just finished Raithwalls Tomb and since I didn't manage to steal anything worthwhile from Garuda, both Demon Walls, Belias and Vossler I'm thinking I need dat steal-chance enhancement buff better sooner than later.

Also wtf is with that chest normally containing the Demonsbane sword at Raithwalls Tomb? Did they change that for the Zodiac version because I only got some worthless magic shard from that chest!

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I'm so nettled about this damn game. It's like, you know fans have been asking for other games, (games that sold better) to be remade, or released to the PS Store, but instead we get told what we want again.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
I'm so nettled about this damn game. It's like, you know fans have been asking for other games, (games that sold better) to be remade, or released to the PS Store, but instead we get told what we want again.

The thing with FFXII is that it isn't the fans who decided we get it. The producers had been planning the remaster since the release of FFX/X-2 HD Remaster. It was the creators who wanted to release a definitive edition of XII. I can respect that many other gamers are not fans of XII ( I myself adore it as not only the first FF I completed the story to but a treasured memory like the KH franchise has been since it's introduction).

I am curious though, what games would you like to see remade/remastered/digitally released? Most people all have different answers. I for one would like FFIX and Star Ocean 3 remade, the first because it deserves it and the later because the port is not compatible with the PS4 controller in a certain area so the game is not clearable.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
FFXII is top 3 FF material, so I'm thrilled they remastered it.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Does anyone know for sure where one can get the steal-enhancing Thief gloves the earliest?

I just finished Raithwalls Tomb and since I didn't manage to steal anything worthwhile from Garuda, both Demon Walls, Belias and Vossler I'm thinking I need dat steal-chance enhancement buff better sooner than later.

Hm, I don't know if it's possible to get to Mosphoran Highwaste yet, but the merchant there should sell them. I think you can pass the guards in Nalbina after doing the small chocobo quest there.

Also wtf is with that chest normally containing the Demonsbane sword at Raithwalls Tomb? Did they change that for the Zodiac version because I only got some worthless magic shard from that chest!

I mean in the original the chance for the blade was also only 50%, but yes, for TZA, the chest always contains the shard. Earliest you can get that blade now is Eruyt village.
Oh, and actually there should be a chest with it in the Dalmascan Eastersand, but it's probably the upper part? So you'd have to go through Mosphoran Highwaste and defeat a lot of wolves in the eastern sand which should still be pretty tough unless you leveled up a lot.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
The thing with FFXII is that it isn't the fans who decided we get it. The producers had been planning the remaster since the release of FFX/X-2 HD Remaster. It was the creators who wanted to release a definitive edition of XII. I can respect that many other gamers are not fans of XII ( I myself adore it as not only the first FF I completed the story to but a treasured memory like the KH franchise has been since it's introduction).

I am curious though, what games would you like to see remade/remastered/digitally released? Most people all have different answers. I for one would like FFIX and Star Ocean 3 remade, the first because it deserves it and the later because the port is not compatible with the PS4 controller in a certain area so the game is not clearable.

I mean, Star Ocean 3 is on PS4 now. It didn't get a bunch of fancy updates like FF12, but I'm happy enough with what we got.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Hm, I don't know if it's possible to get to Mosphoran Highwaste yet, but the merchant there should sell them. I think you can pass the guards in Nalbina after doing the small chocobo quest there.

I mean in the original the chance for the blade was also only 50%, but yes, for TZA, the chest always contains the shard. Earliest you can get that blade now is Eruyt village.
Oh, and actually there should be a chest with it in the Dalmascan Eastersand, but it's probably the upper part? So you'd have to go through Mosphoran Highwaste and defeat a lot of wolves in the eastern sand which should still be pretty tough unless you leveled up a lot.

Well, by now I have cleared the whole Jahara episode and regained Larsa as a guest, so I can try to tackle areas that are supposedly too high leveled easily. Right now I'm alternating between the Zertenian Caverns and Wet season Giza Plains (the secret area with the blue turtles to be specific) to gain some levels and loot.

I actually got two Demonbanes from that chest in the northern part of the Dalmasca Eastersand. The ferry already works again because I did the sidequests with the Cactuars and the patient where I have to collect ingredients for medicine, gaining the Barheim Key in the process thus theoretically I now also have access to Death Seraph Zalera, although I think it is a bit risky to try and tackle this guy with a party with levels in their early 30s.
Maybe I should try to level up at least three of my guys to Level 49 as this is a level where none of Zalera's Lv X-Status spells work.
And if I can tackle Zalera, I can also try my luck on Adrammelech in the Zertenian Caverns.

The Golmore Jungle is accessible now and it is a good spot to grind with all those panthers although IF I can somehow access the Mosphoran Highwaste already (and get those nifty Thief gloves) that may also a neat grinding spot.

This is certainly one of the advantages of FF 12. You are not bound to linearily follow the story and can backtrack to old areas (Teleport Crystals help much here) or even access other areas which story-wise may be reached only much later. ^__^

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I didn't have much trouble with Zalhera although I don't remember my levels anywhere. Must've been early 30s tho, and 49 really isnt worth it, its not that strong at all (but pretty <3)

By now you can definitely go to Mosphoran Highwaste, and you actually should for the small chocobo mini quest because its quite funny and vanishes once you finish Bur Omisace.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I didn't have much trouble with Zalhera although I don't remember my levels anywhere. Must've been early 30s tho, and 49 really isnt worth it, its not that strong at all (but pretty <3)

By now you can definitely go to Mosphoran Highwaste, and you actually should for the small chocobo mini quest because its quite funny and vanishes once you finish Bur Omisace.

I remember from the PS2-Days though that Zalera has an almost obnoxious high defense value and you got a five minute time limit to off it. So its not exactly that Zalera is especially strong or dangerous, but your party needs to be strong enough to deplete its HP quickly and having to cure status ailments is also a time waster.

I don't plan on even set foot in Ivalices refrigerator variant of the Vatican for quite a while as this means the departure of Larsa as a guest, something I want to delay for as long as possible as I'm considering doing quite some possible sidequests and tackling parts of trial mode while he's still available.
In the Zodiac Age version he has Cura, over 400 MP and you can customize his Gambits so he's an excellent healer, allowing my three main guys to all go into the offensive. ;P

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
About the Seitengrat, can you have different rng numbers to make the chest appear or there's only a specific rng number that will make the chest appear?

I'm trying to farm them. I have only one.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
About the Seitengrat, can you have different rng numbers to make the chest appear or there's only a specific rng number that will make the chest appear?

I suppose there should be more than one, because I've seen different methods work (Reks method; wait x seconds before leaving and re-entering the room; walk XY steps before leaving and re-entering the room etc).

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
That Mist Walker Trophy is really tedious. I can't get the chain for black hole

EDIT: I GOT IT. I'M ABOUT TO PLAT IT!!!!!

Last edited:

d2punkrock4thisw

You probably already found what you needed on this but I'll share the method that worked for me anyway.

You start a new game as Reks.
Get to the save point, Kill enemies up the stairs go back down stairs to save new game.
Return to title screen.
Load your main save that you want the Seitengrat in.
Have Vaan be only active party member, pay & fly to Nalbina with Diamond Armlet equipped.
Go on deck and let the game auto save.
Quit game completely and restart disk.
Load your Reks file and cast cure until the numbers 88,97,90 appear in a row (I think its like 6-7 cycles of MP, thank that save crystal for restoring MP)
After the numbers appear return to the title screen DO NOT SAVE OR ANYTHING.
Load your Vaan autosave and go on the deck walk up the stairs to the chest area look at the guy on the stairs watch him go up and down 4 times, as soon as he steps on the top deck the 4th time trigger to open the chest and Seitengrat will be obtained. Save and reload your Reks file and keep doing this until you have 6 Seitengrats.

Hope this helps!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Meh. I still haven't picked the game up again to get my special monsters and the platinum along with them. It's so annoying, especially the "ingame clock at XX minutes" restrictions or stuff like that >:

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Square Enix confirmed this remaster sold over a million copies already! Considering it's only on PS4 and is a re-release of a largely forgotten gem that's super impressive!

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age Gets Sky Pirate’s Den And Free Viera PS4 Theme On November 22 - Siliconera

Turns out it's a free Viera theme for PS4 and the Sky Pirate's Den patched back into the game. Oh, Sqare Enix! You know how to create hype for nothing! Don't get me wrong, all of this is still very much appreciated. But they create countdowns and tease big reveals so often and 99% of the time it's something underwhelming compared to what fans have speculated about.

I'm actually pretty damn happy about both of those. But yeah, agreed, it's still more of a fuss than it's worth. xD

Back