• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy XIV

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood - Coming early Summer 2017

For those that couldn't make it to that play, here's the raw stream: Here

Really. Awesome, and I love FF9. ^^

Thanks for sharing that, can't wait to watch it in the morning!

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

Since playing XV, I've been interested in going back and trying this one, since it is an MMO and I've always wanted to dive into one of those. I mean, I have played a couple, and watched a little gameplay, so it's not like I'm blind completely. I was just wondering if it was still worth getting this at this stage?

Xblade13

Awards

Sorry for the double post, but I'm having g trou let downloading this on PS4. It's having trouble getting past 15000 MB left. It keeps erroring and resetting the download. Did I just waste money? :'(

Max

Staff member
Awards

Do you have room on your console for it? Its a big download, you might need to delete some things.

Xblade13

Awards

I figured it out. Apparently I needed to download the base game first and then update, then get Heavensward downloaded. I dunno why but it worked.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards

Looks like our new confirmed job is

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards

Apparently FFXIV won a Guinness World Record for Longest Credits in an MMORPG.

9JSfz

We did it everyone.

Max

Staff member
Awards

Apparently FFXIV won a Guinness World Record for Longest Credits in an MMORPG.

9JSfz

We did it everyone.

Hooray, everyone can die happy now.

Haha, just wow, that's funny.

Malla

I changed to Astrologian and vowed to never level a new class again, but since they promised that main story quests alone will bring you from 60 to 70, leveling a new job seems like a real possibility. It's a shame the new jobs start at 50 though, it means Aery and Vault all over again before getting to good part.

shuyin_zer0

Awards

Really hoping a new tank class is announced. I don't do well as DPS but I can't not use a new class lol.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I haven't played FFXIV in a long time since I stopped after finishing the storyline for Heavensward but the new information for Stormblood has been looking pretty interesting lately. The underwater area looks pretty beautiful.

Malla

Really hoping a new tank class is announced. I don't do well as DPS but I can't not use a new class lol.
Only 2 new jobs this time, which is pretty weird since tanking jobs are still most wanted in duty finder...

LingeringVanitas

Still not 100% free. Being able to play a "trial" up until a certainly level is a insult. The game has been out long enough not to mention popular enough to make it 100% free. There is no excuse. I guess I continue my protest....because I REFUSE to pay for a subscription just to play a game.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards

Still not 100% free. Being able to play a "trial" up until a certainly level is a insult. The game has been out long enough not to mention popular enough to make it 100% free. There is no excuse. I guess I continue my protest....because I REFUSE to pay for a subscription just to play a game.

I kinda disagree. Free-to-play can be toxic. Dumb microtransactions put me off a lot of other games. Fuck that. I like Subscription games, although I will limit myself on them. Having played FFXIV, Level 35 is pretty generous. I only ever got to level 42, and I did play a lot. You have access to different classes to experience it. It sounds pretty good, actually.

That being said - why provide indefinite gameplay time to players who have never played the game before, but single out past players who have both subscribed and paid for the base games. That is nonsense to me.

Yes, they are trying to draw in new players. Why would past players need a free trial after all.
But look at this way. New players are genuinely going to get to play the game we already bought and paid for consistently. All character classes are available to dabble in, as far as I'm aware? Playing all of those through to level 35? With dungeon access? Trials? That sounds like a lot of gameplay for new players. But you can't access any of that if you played the game once.

That's pretty strange to single out past players like that. I kinda wanted to hop in and check the game out again. Maybe get back into it. But well, nope. I'd have to make a new account and that's too much hassle.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

Having a trial like that isn't a bad thing. Tho I hope they fixed it a bit; gilsellers luv luv trial accounts b/c they can use them to farm gil with. (I should know, they had a problem with them in FFXI.) They ended up crippling trial accounts majorly in that game for that reason to stop gilsellers from using them. (they can't trade gil, for instance. Or send tells unless someone sends them a tell; then they can send that person tells. If you're curious, here's the whole list.) If they didn't, expect them to eventually cripple them major just to discourage gilsellers; what they did once, can happen again.

That said; I'm a little under halfway done on this stage of my anima weapon. We'll see after roulettes and raid night tonight, but I'm getting there with farming light. The last stage though should go really fast. ^_^

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

Ok for funs; Benchmark is out. Get that here.

Here's my score:

710e499b9ce654dbafc9bf0ba592bf1d.jpg

Gogogogo, if you guys play PC let's see yours.

[Edit] Oh and I forgot. Compy stats:
I5 3570K (not overclocked; I don't do that)
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (new card; I just upgraded it a week or two ago~!)

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Got Extremely High at 720p and 900p. Very High at 1080p. Not too shabby for a non-gaming computer.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

Wouldn't mind seeing some more people use that benchmark. (I used it for a video card stress test, btw.)

Anyway I'm cheering right now. SINDRI LUX GOT!

sindrilux.jpg

Weapon is not that visually impressive compared to ARR weaps (I've seen them) but I think it looks nice, just not impressive. I'm sure this'll last me a while with the level cap going up. ^^ Which is the idea!

And btw, thank you Hellz Taki for walking me though the last three primals and being the second healer on those. I always like having at least one familiar face when I do new stuff, and voice chat better so I can learn mechs. (that's his skype btw, I didn't realize I left it on.)

Last edited:
Back