• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy XIV

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood - Coming early Summer 2017

Nice. By the way, anyone else playing on Moogle?

I finally reached level 50 with my Bard!

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

Okay, the server move is done. I've noticed a little less choppy stuff most of the time. (Ping for me is 80-90 ish ms now, don't know what it was before.) The NA server's in Sacremento California now, according to people that know (from Reddit); I live around the Atlanta, GA area. Sorry Re:Magnus, I play on Excal, not Moogle.

Anyway, also Stormblood theme out. Someone thought it was like the Vana'diel March, but it's just different than what's been in the game before: (WARNING! Standard Square trailer warning; there might be spoilers in this. They can't seem to stop that lately..)

[video=youtube;UmQm76wFfKk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmQm76wFfKk[/video]

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

I'm just ready to be a samurai. Please Stormblood, I AM A SAMURAI AT HEART!

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

I just beat the final dungeon of A Realm Reborn for the first time! Was in a nice party that let me watch all the cutscenes! Yay! Now onto A Realm Awoken and the fluff leading up to Heavensward!

Max

Staff member
Awards

I just beat the final dungeon of A Realm Reborn for the first time! Was in a nice party that let me watch all the cutscenes! Yay! Now onto A Realm Awoken and the fluff leading up to Heavensward!

So much fluff, but damn does it end with a bang.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

They SAVED Bard!!! I'm so happy right now. No more cast time! Wanderer's Minuet is dead! Wohoo!

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

Also the boosting potions will soon be in the game.

To get a new chara up with all missions up to Stormblood and 1 job with said potions, it'll cost $50. That's $25 each potion (1 job and one mission potion). I'm okay with this, tho I prolly won't use it..they said they weren't going to make them cheap to try to discourage people from using those potions. (Tho there will always be folks with more money than sense..)

Also they are nuking Cleric's Stance (weakening it bad, in other words). I like that; I've always SUCKED at stance dancing. Hopefully this'll allow me to get better at nuking in between cures.

Also I might start working on sands/stuff again; the downside is I might have to respec my anima weap. But not mad, you can't do good things sometimes without breakin' a few eggs.

Last edited:

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

You will only be able to use those shortcut potions once per account. I wouldn't use any of it myself even if I felt like I was far behind everyone else, as I like the game and enjoy the story. But you can watch a "movie" version on YouTube and get up to speed with the plot that way, if your main concern is to catch up with you real life friends. Or you might regret your decision to level a certain class/job and don't want to start over. Maybe you always wanted to be a Ninja ever since it was added to the game, but felt like it was too much job catching up.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

That's a good thing too, sounds like that'll discourage gilsellers from using them too much. I just noticed in some places (official boards come to mind..) people are saying they should be six bucks each or something..

...Um,what part of "they are going to be expensive to discourage people from using them" do people not get? *rolls eyes* Besides, this is cheaper than WoW; they charge 60 bucks to boost a chara to level 100 unless you buy a certain expansion. I just checked for funs to confirm that. (Disclaimer; I have never played World of Warcraft, tho you can see its influence somewhat in FFXIV; not to mention there's a piece of mmo slang you sometimes see that came from there. namely, "Did someone Leeroy?" for "Did someone just rush in and start the fight before we were ready?" aka. someone's a moron)

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

I used my fantasia potion that I got with the Heavensward CE. Now I have the "canon" CGI Midlander look (exactly the same build and colour choices as he appears in the Stormblood Benchmark, except I kept his old hairdo since I'm still in the process of working my way up to Heavensward).

Yeah, not "unique" but I play mostly for the story so it'll be fun to see the "canon" protagonist in cutscenes from now on. Since he's also mostly based on the unaltered Hyur Midlander preset, I feel like he's got a major advantage when it comes to lighting and such. I quite liked my original character but he looked so off in certain angles and lighting (pretty much every cutscene in the walking sands made him look crazy).

I guess the downside to this is that some gear definitely doesn't suit him, lol. Like the lvl 50 Bard Gear.

UEWr6NI.jpg

Max

Staff member
Awards

Any general advice for someone jumping back into this after potentially a 6 month or longer break? I'm a level 55 Dragoon partway through Heavensward and after running around for a half hour I am so friggin' confused.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

I'm possibly going to start this relatively soon, so here's to hoping that it's a good time to start from scratch. e.e

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

Okay, Max; I'd suggest checking your Free Company and all. See if you can get some help where you are. Also I'd recommend leveling a low level job for a while if you really feel confused. Get your head to stop spinning a little bit; as soon as you feel comfortable, start working on story missions. If you need help with strats, just ask. I know where to find those.

Xblade13: Aim for Excal if you can! I'd love to have someone from here on there.

Max

Staff member
Awards

Okay, Max; I'd suggest checking your Free Company and all. See if you can get some help where you are. Also I'd recommend leveling a low level job for a while if you really feel confused. Get your head to stop spinning a little bit; as soon as you feel comfortable, start working on story missions. If you need help with strats, just ask. I know where to find those.

Xblade13: Aim for Excal if you can! I'd love to have someone from here on there.

I'm the head of my free company, and all of its members are my real life buddies that have been gone longer than me (waiting for me to hop back in essentially). I did meet up with another Dragoon though who invited me to a dungeon, and he honestly gave me a very helpful rundown on Dragoon rotations and whatnot, he even sent me some screenshots of his hotkeys, which were honestly set up better than the way I had left mine. We went through the dungeon slowly, about 45 minutes or so, and he only hopped in if things got hairy. Overall it was a very helpful experience and I feel confident that I can get back in the swing of things as a Dragoon again.

Now where I'm confused is honestly I forget where everything is and how to navigate certain menus, but not much I can do there except explore and figure it out I guess. Learning how to use the in game map again made me feel like such a newbie, I was really struggling. I fought my way through it until I at least found my way to my next story quest and pushed through it.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

Yeah, I know the feeling. I'm often the only one on in CurseTheYagudo, but a lot of folks are busy with RL stuff. RL>>>>game, always.

If you need more help with DRG Max, PM me. I can get you in touch with a few DRGs on Excal (Including Cydori!) who might be able to help you a bit more. Heck, I even know Cy's PSN tho she's rarely on that.

Max

Staff member
Awards

Yeah, I know the feeling. I'm often the only one on in CurseTheYagudo, but a lot of folks are busy with RL stuff. RL>>>>game, always.

If you need more help with DRG Max, PM me. I can get you in touch with a few DRGs on Excal (Including Cydori!) who might be able to help you a bit more. Heck, I even know Cy's PSN tho she's rarely on that.

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Almost at Heavensward now! Only 15 more MSQ to go!

Also, the Ascians are totally not like Organization XIII... not at all. LOL.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

anyone else get papa johns today because apparently papa johns and square decided to do a thing

also i'm still putting off playing because i'm upset and an old friend of mine ran off with all our old FC's gil... all 6 million of it. he hopped servers so if you see anyone going by Kira Renwood that's him. give him hell. he's on the siren server. i'm still on diabolos.

Max

Staff member
Awards

anyone else get papa johns today because apparently papa johns and square decided to do a thing

also i'm still putting off playing because i'm upset and an old friend of mine ran off with all our old FC's gil... all 6 million of it. he hopped servers so if you see anyone going by Kira Renwood that's him. give him hell. he's on the siren server. i'm still on diabolos.

I was almost positive the gil transfer limit was 1 million gil between servers, how did they take off with 6?

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I was almost positive the gil transfer limit was 1 million gil between servers, how did they take off with 6?
I believe you can transfer with your retainers with set limits to those as well as the limit on yourself. He had 3 retainers.

Back