• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy XIV

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Stalked more friends on my main yesterday via visiting Levi; I mean to stalk the RPGamer FC soon as I can raise someone alive, just so I can get a friending from one of the leads and maybe get a cross server LS started since not everyone is on Levi; some of us are on Excal!

But yeah, being able to visit other servers is a heckava lot of fun and I can see this getting a lot of use for "Hey can you go fetch that guy?" for a event or something. ^^ Not to mention easier for cross server ls's. ^^

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Here's a something:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
A Final Fantasy live action adaptation feels like something that would work better as a film than a TV series. At least then they could have a proper budget

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Well, if you're not playing Shadowbringers, you're missing out. I SWEAR..this is where Square FINALLY outdid Chains of Promithia (FFXI second expansion).

Story's awesome so far, and this has been the smoothest launch of a expansion ever for XIV since I started playing. Ohhh yeah :)

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Well, if you're not playing Shadowbringers, you're missing out. I SWEAR..this is where Square FINALLY outdid Chains of Promithia (FFXI second expansion).

Story's awesome so far, and this has been the smoothest launch of a expansion ever for XIV since I started playing. Ohhh yeah :)
I'm still making my way through Stormblood's story, but my friend that I was playing with (we've stayed side by side in the story since the beginning), he ended up quitting, and I just need a small break right now.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Aww max, that's sad. If I could (and it could be done, I don't think we're on the same data cluster anymore) I'd gladly cue up with you for 'em. ^^
Where are you at again? I'm on Mateus right now. But even if you can't, I really do appreciate it.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I'm on Excalibur aka. the Primal data cluster. You're on Mateus aka. the Crystal data cluster, which means we can't play together. (You can only make a party with people on your data cluster/server.) But I hope the thought counts!

Zul

Awards
The ShB story has got to be some of the best Final Fantasy written in a decade.

Somewhat concerned about going back to Elidibus considering how stale he was compared to Emet-Selch.

Max

Staff member
Awards
The ShB story has got to be some of the best Final Fantasy written in a decade.

Somewhat concerned about going back to Elidibus considering how stale he was compared to Emet-Selch.
I keep hearing this! I need to wrap up Stormblood so I can get in there

Zul

Awards
Oh yeah, I mean it, and not just FFXIV, I mean this is the best story out of anything SE has written in a long time.

Make sure to talk to Emet-Selch at every opportunity during the Shadowbringers MSQ, then talk to him AGAIN and pick any other dialogue options you can, he's a walking lore codex.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
So, I'm thinking about picking this up and yeah, this is my very first time diving into a full MMO game like Final Fantasy Xiv. I've always wanted to join, but kept finding reasons not to like waiting for the actual full-on complete edition with all the dlcs and all that stuff.

After seeing the latest expansion, I figured it would be best to ask veterans here for questions and stuff, mainly to get a sense of it.

1. How much hours is involved into completing all of the base and expansion game including the side quests?

2. Do I need to pay subscription for everything? I mean, I see some complete editions of games have everything, but I don't know if it's free or having to pay for it. I'm just not sure. Help?

3. Do I need to be looking for bad apples? You can never sure and I would like to be part of wherever server you guys are on, so I can at least know someone from the forums.

4. Which Classes or Jobs are best for me and how many races are there?

I know some will give good information to me, some may not. But mainly for me, it's all about understanding of it overall.

Thanks for being patient! 😺

Max

Staff member
Awards
So, I'm thinking about picking this up and yeah, this is my very first time diving into a full MMO game like Final Fantasy Xiv. I've always wanted to join, but kept finding reasons not to like waiting for the actual full-on complete edition with all the dlcs and all that stuff.

After seeing the latest expansion, I figured it would be best to ask veterans here for questions and stuff, mainly to get a sense of it.

1. How much hours is involved into completing all of the base and expansion game including the side quests?

2. Do I need to pay subscription for everything? I mean, I see some complete editions of games have everything, but I don't know if it's free or having to pay for it. I'm just not sure. Help?

3. Do I need to be looking for bad apples? You can never sure and I would like to be part of wherever server you guys are on, so I can at least know someone from the forums.

4. Which Classes or Jobs are best for me and how many races are there?

I know some will give good information to me, some may not. But mainly for me, it's all about understanding of it overall.

Thanks for being patient! 😺
I've been playing this game for, yeesh, 4 or 5 years? It's fantastic. A great first MMO (one of the best MMO's in general), has a very solid community, a great story, I highly recommend.

I have about 460 hours on it right now. I'm still on the Stormblood expansion (the one righr before the new one). Mind you, this is with me getting sidetracked all the time, there is SO much you can do in this game aside from just main story.

And yeah, I think the cheapest base subscription is like, 12 bucks a month if you're okay with mainly running one character. I know most people pay 15 a month, I've never had a reason to upgrade to that one though.

And I play on Mateus, I'm not on the same server as anyone else on the forum I don't believe though, so take that as you will.

As far as classes and races, gosh, off the top of my head, there's 7 or 8 races? Maybe more? I can only think of I think 8 right now, two of which are gender locked. As far as which class is for you, that's all preference on whether you want to be a tank, a dps, or a healer/support. But you can change classes whenever you want and master them all on a single character

Roxie1563

Awards
I've been playing this game for, yeesh, 4 or 5 years? It's fantastic. A great first MMO (one of the best MMO's in general), has a very solid community, a great story, I highly recommend.

I have about 460 hours on it right now. I'm still on the Stormblood expansion (the one righr before the new one). Mind you, this is with me getting sidetracked all the time, there is SO much you can do in this game aside from just main story.

And yeah, I think the cheapest base subscription is like, 12 bucks a month if you're okay with mainly running one character. I know most people pay 15 a month, I've never had a reason to upgrade to that one though.

And I play on Mateus, I'm not on the same server as anyone else on the forum I don't believe though, so take that as you will.

As far as classes and races, gosh, off the top of my head, there's 7 or 8 races? Maybe more? I can only think of I think 8 right now, two of which are gender locked. As far as which class is for you, that's all preference on whether you want to be a tank, a dps, or a healer/support. But you can change classes whenever you want and master them all on a single character

I see. Thank you so much for the information, Max! I appreciate it. It seems I have some thinking to do and is it possible to do some kind of a free trial or demo so I can some kinda feel for it before really getting into it?

Max

Staff member
Awards
I see. Thank you so much for the information, Max! I appreciate it. It seems I have some thinking to do and is it possible to do some kind of a free trial or demo so I can some kinda feel for it before really getting into it?
I do believe there is a free trial option, yes

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
There's a free trial option, yes yes.

Also I think a lot of us are on different servers; check the gamertag thread. I was a LURKER when I started getting into XIV myself around here; so I went where my FFXI friends were (Excalibur) which is now pretty hard to make a chara on b/c it's congested. ^^

Roxie1563

Awards
There's a free trial option, yes yes.

Also I think a lot of us are on different servers; check the gamertag thread. I was a LURKER when I started getting into XIV myself around here; so I went where my FFXI friends were (Excalibur) which is now pretty hard to make a chara on b/c it's congested. ^^

Do you have that link? I would like to see it, please!

shuyin_zer0

Awards

Ayyyy I’m on Mateus, too lol

Back