• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy XVI

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Apparently I've been pronouncing Ifrit wrong this whole time.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
There will be battles between the summons as well? Sweet.
Bahamut looks again really awesome as most times.

Can it be that the pronunciation of Ifrit can be different in general as if I remember correctly in Dissidia NT when Ifrit was summoned it did sound different sometimes depending on which character summoned him, also depending on if the name is spoken fast or rather slowly with emphasis.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I couldn't tell because most of the trailer action was on the Summons, but there are full parties in this game right? It would feel rather odd for a Final Fantasy game to only have one player.

the red monster

Awards
I couldn't tell because most of the trailer action was on the Summons, but there are full parties in this game right? It would feel rather odd for a Final Fantasy game to only have one player.
so far no party members, so safe to say they're gone or will be used for a very small part of the game.
this is devil may cry x final fantasy which is pretty sick. day 1.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Considering how much backlash XV got when initially only Noctis was playable or XIII when the make-up of the party was set in stone for almost half the game and this being supposed to be a mainline FF there being no full fledged party would be quite a risk to take considering the way the fanbase works.

Final Fantasy games are supposed to be a party-based rpg and not a single person hack n' slash fest.

As far as I recall XV was quite divisive in overall reception wasn't it while VII:Remake fared better yet was not an vastly outstanding success.

NoWay

Awards
During combat the top left corner seemed to show different characters so we may at least have different playable characters if I’m not mistaken

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
During combat the top left corner seemed to show different characters so we may at least have different playable characters if I’m not mistaken

Not sure if we’re referring to the same thing, but during Clive’s gameplay, the top left shows three Eikons you can cycle through with L2 to channel their powers.

If there is a party, they may be NPCs like KH and original FFXV.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
summer 2023. pretty late.
at this rate KH4 2025+ seems very likely which sucks
That's been my expectation since the KHIV trailer. :/ I wonder if it'll even be on the PS5, the systems change over so fast nowadays.

I hope this isn't a 1-person story, especially since I'm liking everything else I've seen from this so far. I enjoy FF because of the team aspect and XV in particular spoiled me in that regard with how well new technology can utilize parties in combat (and having dialogue as you're walking around) compared to old games.

the red monster

Awards
That's been my expectation since the KHIV trailer. :/ I wonder if it'll even be on the PS5, the systems change over so fast nowadays.

I hope this isn't a 1-person story, especially since I'm liking everything else I've seen from this so far. I enjoy FF because of the team aspect and XV in particular spoiled me in that regard with how well new technology can utilize parties in combat (and having dialogue as you're walking around) compared to old games.
It'll be on the ps5 for sure, ps6 is like 2026-7+. especially if the rumored ps5 pro around 2024 is true.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
index.php

Was I the only person that saw this and thought "that looks like the alleged Star Wars world in KH IV"?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
No, I was actually going to say that when I posted the other day, but, since I'm not a fan of SW potentially being in KH, I thought it would be written off as me simply seeing what I want to see. :p

Considering Quadratum means Square, it would be very interesting if FFXVI's world was tied into it somehow.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
No, I was actually going to say that when I posted the other day, but, since I'm not a fan of SW potentially being in KH, I thought it would be written off as me simply seeing what I want to see. :p

Considering Quadratum means Square, it would be very interesting if FFXVI's world was tied into it somehow.
Maybe the AT-AT foot was actually a vehicle from FFXVI?

Or maybe they do a FF world fused with a "DISNEY" world (Star Wars)? It would be interesting to see an ACTUAL crossover again. We haven't see that done since KH2 (or I guess coded/BbS).

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Maybe they are planning on swapping the "roles" of Disney and Final Fantasy for this entry? As in, Final Fantasy inspired worlds, locales, and characters, whilst the Disney characters are the interlopers, those who impact the plot more. We've already seen Fairy Godmother taking a more central role, and Donald and Goofy meeting up with (presumably) Hades could be cutscenes/lore relevant rather than actually visiting that world.

Think of it as a reversal of the Organization paradigm from KH2. In that, the Organization were very much Final Fantasy inspired characters (anime aesthetics, using the FF-like Jobs for their combat) who were interfering in how the plots and characters of the Disney worlds worked. In this, maybe Sora and Co. are the ones interfering in FF stories.

That would be awesome though, and it's bound to disappoint me on that front. There will definitely be Disney worlds, they bring a level of hype that FF centric worlds kinda don't. Unless the Disney character usage was extensive, it wouldn't hit the same vibe.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Interviews with Yoshi-P are dropping right now but the WaPo one has this little tidbit:

“The Kingdom Hearts team at Square Enix has been especially helpful in contributing to those real-time combat and boss battles,” Yoshida said. “It can be said that the battles in ‘FFXVI’ are in some ways a culmination of the company’s past experiences.”

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Last edited:
Back