• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Keyhole

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radar

Bronze Member
In KH, so much emphasis was put on the final keyhole. I dont understand what was so important to it. I read the kh wiki article, but still dont get it. All that I remember being inside was that behemoth. Then Sora sealed it. So, the 7 PoH are needed to open this..I dont understand whats the deal.

Is it the passageway to end of the world, or something? I just thought you flew your gummi ship there. Sorry if this is a waste of a thread, but I just need to know. Maleficent said something like "infinite darkness/power" lies beyond it. Or KH is beyond it. Can someone just straighten this up for me please.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
HB's keyhole needed to be sealed to prevent the world from being taken over by Heartless. The seven PoH were needed to open up the Door to Darkness, although I have no clue why they also had to be correlated to HB's keyhole.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
What Nayru said, but it did release the two optional bosses, Kurt Zisa and the Phantom. Other than that, no clue.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
HB's keyhole needed to be sealed to prevent the world from being taken over by Heartless. The seven PoH were needed to open up the Door to Darkness, although I have no clue why they also had to be correlated to HB's keyhole.

It makes sense, what with Radiant Garden being the capital of light.

Neptun

I always saw the keyhole created by Maleficent as an artificial replacement for the keyblade of hearts, the one Xehanort is talking about in his reports:

There are three families of Keyblades: the Keyblades of light we wield, Keyblades of darkness, and Keyblades of heart. The first and second families differ only in origin; Keyblades of darkness are found in the realm of darkness, and are counterparts to the Keyblades we use in the realm of light. The third type of key, the Keyblade of heart, came into existence when the World was reorganized after the Keyblade War. Without this key, Kingdom Hearts is forever beyond a person's reach. Only by gathering seven hearts of pure light--hearts completely devoid of darkness--may one forge a Keyblade of heart and open the door to Kingdom Hearts. And, as stated before, opening this door arguably gives that person control over all worlds and all people.

Through the completion of the keyhole, the door to darkness was unlocked, strenghtening all of the heartless that were already roaming like crazy in the realm of light, and giving Ansem access to Kingdom Hearts. I am not too sure what exactly was locked by Sora in Hollow Bastion then, though.. Everyone treated it like a great success even though the door to darkness was still unlocked.

Nayru's Love

Awards
It makes sense, what with Radiant Garden being the capital of light.

Yes, but it seems unnecessary in the long run.

Through the completion of the keyhole, the door to darkness was unlocked,

I don't think we can safely correlate HB's keyhole to the DtD. As far as we know, we can only do so with the seven PoH and the DtD.

I am not too sure what exactly was locked by Sora in Hollow Bastion then, though.. Everyone treated it like a great success even though the door to darkness was still unlocked.
The world's keyhole.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Perhaps because of something like, "Completed keyhole = Massive overflow of Heartless = EEEEVILLLL." Back in KH's early days, you couldn't really expect much plot complexity.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
As long as the Final Keyholeis open, Darkness will keep pouring out. If Sora didn't seal it, the Realm of Light would have become the second Realm of Darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back