• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Mix Ability Guide

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
One of the many choices to be made in this game is presented very early in the game, and that's the form of the power that sleeps within Sora. Should one pick up the sword, the staff, or the shield? And which one of the other two that one should sacrifice?

We all know that the choice affects at least two things: Sora's stats growth, and the order of abilities learned. Now we all know that in Final Mix, many new abilities are introduced, so the latter becomes really serious business. But fear not - here is a list of abilities that you will obtain throughout your levelling-up journey for your reference.

2r0jyEy.png

Source: GameFAQs: Kingdom Hearts (PS2) Final Mix Changes FAQ by Thorf

Do note that the aforementioned ability names are as they appear in the Japanese version, and there are some differences from the English version. They are:
  • Slide Dash, which is Sliding Dash in English.
  • Tech Plus, which is Tech Boost in English.
  • Final Break, which is Blitz in English.
  • Hurricane Period, which is Hurricane Blast in English.
  • Leaf Veil, which is Leaf Bracer in English.

Some new abilities are combo finishers. Here's what each of them do, and the AP cost needed to equip them.

• With Sliding Dash, Sora closes in on his target from a distance. It costs 1 AP.
  • With Slapshot, Sora quickly swings the Keyblade upward when near the target, occasionally dealing critical damage. It costs 2 AP.
  • With Hurricane Blast, Sora strikes the target with a vertical spin. It's an aerial combo finisher. It costs 2 AP.
  • With Ripple Drive, Sora conjures a force field that knocks back enemies. Damage dealt depends on Sora's maximum MP. It's a ground combo finisher with a 30% chance of activating. It costs 3 AP.
  • With Stun Impact, Sora creates a blast that stuns enemies caught within the radius. It's a ground combo finisher with a 30% chance of activating. It costs 2 AP.
  • With each Tech Boost equipped, the amount of tech points gained when deflecting or parrying enemy attacks is increased. Equipping 1/2/3/4 Tech Boosts multiplies the tech points gained by 2/3/4/5, respectively. The other two Tech Boosts can be obtained by completing Phil Cup's Sora-only challenge and rescuing 90 Dalmatian puppies, in any order. It costs 2 AP.

Also, new additions to 1.5 HD Final Mix are Combo Master, which allows Sora to continue a combo unbroken even if he misses his target (3 AP, obtained between level 54 to 56, I can't remember), and Zero EXP, which prevents the party from gaining experience (0 AP).

So those are the new abilities that you obtain from levelling up. I know the organisation of this post could've been better, so I really apologise if it causes some confusion. And if there's anything you'd like to add, feel free to do so, so that together we can make this a better reference for everybody. :)

Last edited:

Knehcs

Can anyone confirm when Combo Master is unlocked along with your respective choice (Sword, Rod or Shield) at the beginning of the game?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Man, I wish I found this guide earlier. Maybe if I did, I may have just went with the sword route and still get the guard and counterattack abilities at a better pace while the sliding dash would have been accessible faster. I also would have actually received MP Rage which I didn't in my recent playthrough due to getting the shield and leveling up to level 80 before taking on Xemnas and Xehanort's Heartless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back