• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FINALLY bought a 3DS and KH3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I'm so happy I finally have these. I already beat the game though haha. It was A LOT shorter than I thought, kinda disappointed about that. Actually getting to experience the game for myself, I think it's a great game, but there are some things I kinda don't like. How using freeflow keeps you from using commands until you land. This was very irritating especially when youre in a boss battle and you accidently go into freeflow, then you wanna heal yourself, and you end up dying -_- I also dont like how you needed to have certain dream eaters in your party to equip abilities. But I thought it was a pretty good game, not the best, but it was good. I'm just trying to complete the special and secret portals right now. Not too happy about missing the special portal in the fountain court, because I have to beat Julius to get to it. I wish you could have access to the fountain court and then just examine something to fight Julius. That wouldve been a lot better. Oh well i guess...

Sugar-Serpent

Having never completed any KH optional bosses before, I found Julius to be pretty easy to beat as Sora; and slightly difficult as Riku. I had levelled up my characters past LV 50, though - so that probably helped. I also have the same pet peeves as you when it comes to abilities; completing the board of each Dream Eater so that the abilities were permanent took a long while.

Sorakh212

Awards
The main thing I agree with is the whole abilities thing. That was annoying especially when prepping for Julius and other bosses. Then again it was on Proud mode so that might explain it. Still a solid game all and all especially with the reveals near the end and what not. I like the whole free flow thing. It was nice to get around faster and sometimes useful for boss fights.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Grats! Glad you mostly liked it.

I did assume at first that once unlocked from the DEs growth board all abilities would be permanent, but with there being over 50 DEs there were only so many abilities to unlock and so the gameplay focused more on tactics in that regard. It's interesting to see what different styles of play develop because of these parameters. Now, I just up catering to my favorite DEs. :)

Or like kupo said, you could just spam Balloonga, Flowmotion and cure commands. You know, whatev. Julius can be a toughie.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I'm so happy I finally have these. I already beat the game though haha. It was A LOT shorter than I thought, kinda disappointed about that. Actually getting to experience the game for myself, I think it's a great game, but there are some things I kinda don't like. How using freeflow keeps you from using commands until you land. This was very irritating especially when youre in a boss battle and you accidently go into freeflow, then you wanna heal yourself, and you end up dying -_- I also dont like how you needed to have certain dream eaters in your party to equip abilities. But I thought it was a pretty good game, not the best, but it was good. I'm just trying to complete the special and secret portals right now. Not too happy about missing the special portal in the fountain court, because I have to beat Julius to get to it. I wish you could have access to the fountain court and then just examine something to fight Julius. That wouldve been a lot better. Oh well i guess...
Yeah, I'm with you on being just okay with DDD, though for different reasons. The gameplay was definitely fun and unique. Slightly less interesting than BbS to me, but it was very different, so that's totally subjective. Flowmotion was super awesome, even if it could get a bit annoying in rare instances. Dream Eaters were a cool idea and were implemented generally well. I very much disliked the story, though. The battles were engaging enough that I didn't let it get to me too much, however, and the minigames were decent fun.

If you really want to get Julius out of the way quickly, there are actually some fairly simple strategies to beat him at low levels involving just basic Balloon and well-timed attacks and rolls to keep you out of harm's way. Try perusing Youtube for strategies. The Balloon trick is really lame and takes some of the fun out of the fight, but it is very efficient and can let you open up that area again for portals and other stuff (and you can always re-fight Julius later with a less cheap deck). Basically you just throw 2-3 balloons down and let him run into them while moving toward you, which stuns him, allowing you enough time to throw down more balloons or prepare to dodge his punching attack by attacking him at the right moment. After some practice getting timings down, I beat him at about lvl. 40-50 with both Sora and Riku using a deck of just Curaga and Balloon (Balloonga probably works as well or better, but I'm too lazy to get a whole deck of those). Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back