• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fire Emblem | The Three Houses | Spring 2019

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Is it really a good move though? I mean most smart phones are now 32GB as a standard. Why make the game smaller? The game isn't even all that big. I just feel like it's reaching out to a niche audience.

You're assuming that the general consumer has an up to date phone. Remember that not everyone makes the yearly, or even bi-annual upgrade. And since smartphones continuously update their OSs and apps, the memory gets occupied pretty fast. And in the case here in Puerto Rico, not everyone has an up-to-date premium phone such as a Note or iPhone. Most people have those budget Android phones, and the Apple fans have the budget SE edition.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I know I’m late, but apparently there’s gonna be a Fire Emblem expo on May 4th: ファイアーエムブレムEXPO | INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS CO., LTD.

Who wants to bet they’ll announce the inevitable FE rep for SSB Ultimate as DLC and that Three Houses will be out by then?

I'm more inclined to think that the DLC characters for Smash Ultimate will be from franchises outside of Nintendo's very own intellectual property. Reggie's comment after Joker's reveal seem to suggest that they literally want to wow us, and adding "YET ANOTHER FE REP" wouldn't be surprising.

But that's a response for the Smash topic, lol.

Back on FE, I think they'll make a Direct early next year and confirm the release date.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Fire Emblem: Three Houses Shows What Japanese Fans Are Getting In “Fódlan Collection” Edition

00001503_820_461_thumb.jpg

Contents:

00001503_2_package_thumb.jpg

The game.

00001503_5_CDv2_thumb.jpg

The game's soundstrack with 33 tracks.

00001503_6_case_thumb.jpg

And a steel case for the art book that has official and concept art in it.

SerDuncan

I think the game is looking.... alright. I'm hoping it's going to be very different from Fates, that's for sure. I like that there appears to be two specific avatars, instead of a fully customizable one. It'll make animations look better, perhaps give them a dedicated voice actor, and they can appear in cutscenes. The story seems to be a little more serious in tone and nature, and while the art style hasn't grown on me yet, I'm one of those people who still prefers the GBA games sprites to Awakening so I guess I'm just weird like that. XD

Personally, my big concerns are twofold: firstly, I really dislike that cutscene animation style. I didn't like it in Echoes, I don't like it in Beserk, it just feels too... jerky. I wish they had stuck with the beautiful cutscenes in Awakening but... I guess this is a permanent change. My other concern seems that it might be a little too freeform. I think Fire Emblem works best as a game that is a little more linear, and while it might be very elitist of me to say this, I really liked the difficulty of having to plan each chapter out in advance, and having to handpick a group of units. While I understand that opening up the map in FE8, Awakening, Fates and Echoes allowed for a wider audience to get brought in by making the game easier, I still love that feeling FE6 and 7, heck, even in the earlier games like Geneaology and Thracia where you had to plan chapters in advance. It added a lot of strategy. This game kinda looks like... you'll have a hub world where you'll be able to train each individual unit to max, and go on missions and such. That's definitely still fine, but i feel like it makes it harder to get attached to specific units when you can just have all of them.

I also hope they take out the "marry anyone to anyone" and the child characters from Fates. It was done well in Awakening, but Fates really botched the formula for that and left a sour taste in my mouth. And no translation censorship plz!

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I presume the change in art style will be permanent. From traditional medieval looking characters with some elements of Anime, now is full anime. I guess this is the price to pay in order for Fire Emblem to have reach a peak popularity that has made the series more bigger of a IP.

SerDuncan

I presume the change in art style will be permanent. From traditional medieval looking characters with some elements of Anime, now is full anime. I guess this is the price to pay in order for Fire Emblem to have reach a peak popularity that has made the series more bigger of a IP.

Exactly. And for all the frustrations I've had with Awakening, Fates, Heroes and Warriors, I'm more glad that the series is continuing and making games that are at least average, and even great at best. It's heartening to see a franchise on the verge of death be resurrected in a satisfactory way, even if some elements had to be sacrificed along the way.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Fire Emblem Warriors was a disappointment. It was pretty much Fire Emblem Fates Warriors. Don't have a problem with representing Fates, but I felt like it was over-represented. After Hyrule Warriors, the expectations were to see representation from various FE properties the same way various Zelda titles were represented in that game. But we got too much of a Fates focus.

Hopefully they make FE Warriors 2 a lot better.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
I finally bought Fire Emblems Warriors after playing through (most of) Conquest since I loved Hyrule Warriors and wanted a more, but with a little bit of a difference. FE Warriors is...fine? It's not bad but it doesn't have the same spark that Hyrule Warriors had. Maybe it's because I'm a bigger Zelda fan than I am of FE, but I think I've pinned down a few things that bother me.

The weapon triangle being implemented is cool in concept, but instantly getting a critical weak point gauge when in an advantage state feels weird. It incentives me to just spam C5 since it's an incredibly easy thing to do. Not that Nintendo Warriors needs a galaxy brain to play, but still, with Hyrule Warriors I enjoyed using most of the combos, but with FE:W you want to either spam C4 first to make a normal WPG appear, or go past C5 to make a Crit appear. Either way, I find myself ignoring the early combos.

History mode is streamlined compared to HW's Adventure mode but maybe too much? I'm not sure. Maybe I'm just used to having a million small 'quests' to work on from HW compared to the fewer more important battles in FEW. This one might be more on me though.

There are more than a few clone characters, which isn't too big of a deal since the clones are all from the same class. Still kind of a bummer since HW had completely unique characters even if some of them had pretty bad movesets. I'm also bummed by the lack of representation from the GBA and Tellius games. I know Awakening and Fates have sold amazingly well and are the new hotness and that Marth's gang is a shoe-in since they're from the very first game, but dang yo. That being said, you can't please everyone and there's always going to be people who want their favorite unit represented.

Having to promote your units in order to give them their max combos and other badges/crests plus a boost in stats is lame. They do give you enough master seals just from the story mode alone to promote your favorite units and there's eventually enough for every character but having other units be weaker specifically because you don't have enough seals yet sucks.

I'm still enjoying the game but I never have the drive to play it hours on end to play it like I did with Hyrule Warriors even though I have a blast zooming around on a pegasus knight, stomping dudes out with a wyvern, or making a team full of waifus. Oh god. Now we really are playing in the Waifu Wars.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Aside from the lack of moveset variety, there's also the lack of variety in enemies. HW had Hylians, Gorons, & at least 3 core monster armies while FEW just has humans & monsters and the monsters are rarely seen at that. Where's a bandits faction? Or the Risen? Or an an entire army of Annas?

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Now that you mention it, that's true as well. It really gave HW a lot of character while FEW just has Generic Soldier Man™ to fight against all the time.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Fire Emblem Warriors other problem is that, as IGN would put it: "too much swords". If they make a Fire Emblem Warriors 2, if they make another original cast, have that cast of original Lords NOT wield swords.

Perkilator

Awards
With how close it's getting to the release of Three Houses, I'm surprised there isn't much buzz about it. I'm thinking of doing some work around my mom's house to buy it.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
With how close it's getting to the release of Three Houses, I'm surprised there isn't much buzz about it. I'm thinking of doing some work around my mom's house to buy it.

This is my most anticipated game this year. Everything we've heard and seen looks absolutely incredible. Marketing has been a step up from normal, and I think it'll be the best selling game in the series by far.

I mean, LOOK at this.

Perkilator

Awards
With Three Houses having been officially out nearly half a year, and having sold over 2.5 million copies by the end of 2019 (probably around 3 million by now if not more), what do you think the next Fire Emblem will be like? Will it be a sequel to Three Houses? A remake of an older game? Or a new game with a new story in a new world?

palizinhas

Awards
I want a new story, a remake of one of the games with no official English release or a Three Houses prequel. Sequels would be complicated because it would require making one of the routes canon, but there's so much of the world I would like to know more about a prequel would be excellent.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I’ve had a itch for a SRPG, so I started playing Fire Emblem Heroes again. I’ve caught up in the main story and Book 3 was the best imo. Book 4 is OK, but 2 is trash. Call me a perv but I’m all for that busty lewd artwork lmao

I probably won’t spend a dime on the pass or orbs, but I’m having fun with all the freebies and the game is generous with them. While I wouldn’t consider it a full fledge game, I wonder what’s next for the series and when we’ll get news on the next installment. My guess is we’ll get another Switch title, and then it will continue to the next generation

Back