• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FIRST ENGLISH RE: COM SCENE!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
Exactly what I was thinking. People are rushing to hear the voices and judging too quickly. I'm just going to have to wait and judge it myself.

Rep.
Think what you want. I'm just stating what I think. The VA's are bland and lack any real 'spirit'. While acting as Nobodies, there's a limit to just how 'dead' a voice can sound.

It's like they just read the lines off and didn't even attempt to syncronize with the character they were portraying.

A

Audo

They're Nobodies. They aren't really supposed to have that much "emotion" in their voice.
Personally, i liked that Marluxia sounded more like Xemnas, it made some sense.

Though, i'm basing this solely on that one scene, for i don't have the game.

angelbabe74006

Think what you want. I'm just stating what I think. The VA's are bland and lack any real 'spirit'. While acting as Nobodies, there's a limit to just how 'dead' a voice can sound.

It's like they just read the lines off and didn't even attempt to syncronize with the character they were portraying.
Japanese voices are usually better for that reason. They don't hold anythig back when portraying emotions.

Nobodies aren't really supposed to sound 'dead'. They're supposed to sound like they really have emotions. Trickery and deceit are their forte.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
Though, i'm basing this solely on that one scene, for i don't have the game.

It grows worse as the game progresses.

Japanese voices are usually better for that reason. They don't hold anythig back when portraying emotions.

Nobodies aren't really supposed to sound 'dead'. They're supposed to sound like they really have emotions. Trickery and deceit are their forte.

This is true.

Also, this. The VA's don't match because of how poor the job is, not because they were portraying Nobodies. They don't sound 'emotionless' just really...iunno 'lackluster'. Like they didn't even try. Like they just walked in and said 'Let's get this crap over with' read off their lines and left.

Awards
You want to know what is in part making you guys seem so disappointed about the voice actors?

It's because they forgot to do something. They seriously took this half assed. It's subtle, but there, and more noticeable at some parts.

Guess what? You know how the KH series has done a great job matching mouth movement with the actual dialogue, even in English? Well, they didn't do it in Re:CoM. Yup. They just took the Japanese footage and basically did the English dub directly over those cutscenes, not even bothering to change mouth movement.

How'd I figure this out? I had a bad impression watching the video on YouTube, I knew something wasn't right. And then I paid attention to Sora's lips and saw that they move in the exact same manner as they would if he were speaking the Japanese dialogue. So some of the dialogue sub-consciously gives the impression of being unnatural. In fact, I imagine they had a bitch of a time trying to conform their words to the Japanese mouth movement as best they could. That would thus force, in some respects, the voice actors to not be... very good.

Don't believe me? Check the part where Sora says, "What's this, a card?" Watch closely. Notice how his lips don't match his mouth. Then check that same part of the scene in Japanese, keep the dialogue in mind, and note that the lip movement matches up perfectly.

I can't believe they neglected to do that. Very, very shameful. Like they didn't even care.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
You want to know what is in part making you guys seem so disappointed about the voice actors?

It's because they forgot to do something. They seriously took this half assed. It's subtle, but there, and more noticeable at some parts.

Guess what? You know how the KH series has done a great job matching mouth movement with the actual dialogue, even in English? Well, they didn't do it in Re:CoM. Yup. They just took the Japanese footage and basically did the English dub directly over those cutscenes, not even bothering to change mouth movement.

How'd I figure this out? I had a bad impression watching the video on YouTube, I knew something wasn't right. And then I paid attention to Sora's lips and saw that they move in the exact same manner as they would if he were speaking the Japanese dialogue. So some of the dialogue sub-consciously gives the impression of being unnatural. In fact, I imagine they had a bitch of a time trying to conform their words to the Japanese mouth movement as best they could. That would thus force, in some respects, the voice actors to not be... very good.

Don't believe me? Check the part where Sora says, "What's this, a card?" Watch closely. Notice how his lips don't match his mouth. Then check that same part of the scene in Japanese, keep the dialogue in mind, and note that the lip movement matches up perfectly.

I can't believe they neglected to do that. Very, very shameful. Like they didn't even care.

I'm so effing repping you for this post.

Cissy

Bronze Member
So they probably rushed it for a Winter release.

That kinda sucks.

TWILIGHT DUST

oh my God!
ah dios mio!
oh mon dieu!
å min gud!
Ach mein Gott!
oh il mio dio!
oh mijn god!
oh meu deus!
о мой бог!
I'M JEALOUS, my gamestop didn't get the shipment yet. is it really that bad:cry:

*goes into corner to wait for a response*

Muse

you look atrocious
*sigh* The only thing that I can look forward to, getting this game, would be Axel's scenes because at least I know the voice sounds right. TT~TT

Cissy

Bronze Member
So the question remains:

Do I buy it for the gameplay or for the lulz?

Hmm...maybe a bit of both.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
*sigh* The only thing that I can look forward to, getting this game, would be Axel's scenes because at least I know the voice sounds right. TT~TT

Think again. While Axel is the only good VA his lines were botched.

So the question remains:

Do I buy it for the gameplay or for the lulz?

Hmm...maybe a bit of both.

Buy it for the lulz. I'm laughing as I cry,

Sora22

WOULD YOU ALL STOP YOUR DAMN WHINING!! Good freaking GOSH!! Just be glad we got the damn game, sheeeeesh!!!!!!

They all sound FINE!

Awards
So they probably rushed it for a Winter release.

That kinda sucks.
Psh. If they were rushing for a Winter release, it would have been more towards Christmas.

Plus, they had all the time in the world to do it. Instead, they sat on their asses. Even if, say, SE Japan just recently "allowed" them to do it (and I can bet it wasn't as recent as we had thought), they've had just as much time with Re:CoM as they did with KH2 (or close to it- with a significantly lower amount of cutscenes to modify, mind you). They did an awesome job in KH2 just like in KH1 for mouth movement.

It's the worst SE dub job I've ever seen. Only FFVII: DoC was worse than this.
This is seriously painful for me. I suppose it justifies the fact that I wasn't getting it (don't have a PS2 anymore, or a backwards compatible PS3... I miss Re:CoM and KH2FM). But still. Just because I wasn't getting it... doesn't mean I wanted something like this to happen. It's not a terribly horrible thing, I mean plenty of games do it... but... really? C'mon...

A

Azrael

Well at least KH2, for being the massive phailure it is in terms of storyline, had the dialogue matching with the lip movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back