• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FIRST ENGLISH RE: COM SCENE!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroiHonoushi

was twohearts
I JUST GOT THE GAME!!!!

I was able to convince my Grandma to buy it while we were shopping for her trip this weekend. She said I can't have it until Christmas though. :sad:

Lol thats what alot of other people are doing i got it for christmas to but every year a get to choose a *early* present each year and this was it.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
If I don't get it for Christmas (and considering I get relatives gifts after Christmas) I have to wait until at least January to play it. :'(

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
Wow. I personally like Marluxia's voice. It would have been perfect, if it was a bit deeper, though. :3

Awards
Heh I was just going to post that Gossamer.

Well overall:

Marluxia- Not bad.... I guess.
Larxene- Overall decent.
Vexen- Good. Sounds more like the Digimon Emperor at some points than Peidmon though heh.
Lexaeus- I guess good... but it's hard to say since it's a bit off from what I had hoped.
Zexion- Don't like it. There were a shit load of other choices that could have been much better.
Namine- Kinda indifferent to it but obviously not as good as before.

Just the sometimes poor lip syncing and lines that sound forced really detract from it. I think if they had taken the time to modify the lips for English (like they usually did...) and wrote a script that didn't have to have dialogue conformed to the original Japanese mouth movement (preferably the original script which was better), I would have liked just about all the VAs a whole lot (except for Zexion xD).

There are too many inappropriate pauses, too much wrongly placed emphasis on words, and too many oddly written lines. I am not basing this on a comparison to the original Japanese game, in fact I don't even keep it in mind when watching this. Just hearing all of the dialogue comes off as not too great on first impression. Don't get me wrong, there are some great lines in there. Then again... even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. : /

Gossamer

Hehe. ^-^;

Hmm, I haven't seen any of those clips out yet. I'll keep an eye out for them.

A

Audo

I'm sure the new voice actor's voice work will be a lot better when Days rolls around - you know, where they will actually do the voice acting better (actual script, english lip movements, no awkward pauses, etc)

Cissy

Bronze Member
I'm guilty of sorta kinda almost liking Zexion's voice.

Quick, someone try to make me think otherwise. (Lookin' at you, GA. Convince me before I go into denial.)

Awards
Any clips of the new Kairi and Ansem? =/
Bringing that up reminded me. And scared me.
If he's so distasteful on a normal script...

I'm sure the new voice actor's voice work will be a lot better when Days rolls around - you know, where they will actually do the voice acting better (actual script, english lip movements, no awkward pauses, etc)

I pray. I really do. They could do the whole "These are just side games, who's gonna notice/care?" thing, which is what it seems like they did for Re:CoM.

EDIT:

Cissy, all I can say is that the voice is not young or nonchalant enough for my liking.

I don't know about you but this was one of many reasons to make ME not have to think twice about having a replacement Zexion VA:
YouTube - One of my favorite cut-scenes from MGS3

Ocelot=perfect. Just perfect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back