• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

First Job Interview

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malevolence

Raw Life
I have a job interview coming up next weekend to be a bus boy at a restraunt. I was wondering if anybody had any useful tips in mind for a legitimate interview, like what I should wear, how to act, or how to present myself etc.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Haha please don't wear a business suit to an interview for something like a bus boy. Dress not casually, but nice. Like a nice button up shirt, or a collared shirt. Some khakis if you have some. Nice shoes. Don't cross your arms or legs. Stare them in the eye. Don't interrupt. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have a job interview coming up next weekend to be a bus boy at a restraunt. I was wondering if anybody had any useful tips in mind for a legitimate interview, like what I should wear, how to act, or how to present myself etc.

whats the attire for a busboy, do one step above that. a dress shirt and slacks would be fine.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
whats the attire for a busboy, do one step above that. a dress shirt and slacks would be fine.
This. Make sure to wear black socks if you're going the "all black" approach.

Practice your hand shake. First impressions are big, and if you have a crappy hand shake, you leave a bad one. Look them in the eyes, avoid whatever mannerisms you may have when anxious (scratching your nose, touching the back of your neck, cracking your knuckles etc) and avoid using slang (including "ums" and "uhs").

Divine Rose

I think eye contact is important. Also, speak up if you got a low voice. And remember NOT to ALWAYS give your opinion on EVERYTHING!

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I showed up to my Smoothie King job interview in a hoodie and jeans hahahaha not saying that's a good idea though. I did get the job though because of my extraordinary charms lol.

No but seriously show up in some nice clothes, be polite, be calm, think before you answer a question, and be honest.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
Be polite and have eye contact when speaking. C:

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
No but seriously show up in some nice clothes, be polite, be calm, think before you answer a question, and be honest.

But not too honest xD

But, like the others said wear nice clothes. A good collared button-up shirt, some black slacks, and dress shoes will do perfectly fine. Always be polite, smile as Reflection said. Also, firm handshake when you get there and when you leave. Ask lots of questions, don't be bashful.

CuStArD LuVeR

I AM THE ONE AND ONLY
Which restaurant?

I worked at IHOP as a busboy, and got promoted to waiter and made 90% tips instead of 10% :)
Right now I work at a Dog Shelter though, bad pay but cool and rewarding job.

Make sure you're upbeat and comfortable. Don't be nervous. If you get a question that you have a bad answer for, just lie.
Trust me, they won't really care as long as you do your work.

(ex: manager/supervisor asks you if you ever lied to your teachers. just say no, they have no way of finding out)

xgnarmanx

Not to fancy but above casual.

Your not trying to become a lawer here...don't wear a business suit.

Anyone giving out that advice is either younge or a teacher... and I would'nt trust either see as one has no experience and the other Wasted there money in college to get paid very little .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back