• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Food for Thought theories (spoilers?)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
This contain spoilers, I haven't been here in a while, I hope that's okay by now, if not, You have been warned.
I also haven't been browsing through any fan theories at all so it's very plausible that people have already pointed everything I have to say out but I'll write it anyhow.

So I was going through the endgame cutscenes yesterday (and God dammit, how awesome can dialogue get? "I did decide what I am", "What I am is Darkness..." sorry, just had to gush over that first) and I got to the mega heartless tower thing and the screen turn white and Ephemer show up.
Of course this white light is exactly the same as that at the end of the keyblade war, well what if that war only happened so that the keyblade wielders could rescue Sora & C:eek: in the future, exactly like in GoT how everything has a purpose, 'Destiny is never left to chance' and then another thought struck me;
What if there don't need to exist a version of oneself at destination in order to travel through time? Maybe it's enough to have a keyblade there?
The key co-exist with the heart after all right? at least that's how the X-blade function so why not it's man made imitations?
Maybe only the keyblade need to exist for you to traverse time?
This would explain how the MoM can send his sight back in time because he's still connected to the keyblade and likewise, YX is given this key in the future so that he can travel back to the beginning and train with YE.
As for a physical body at destination, who knows, maybe a replica, maybe he begun as a illusion in Eraqus's head? Anything is possible in this franchise.
It appear to me like YX travelled back in time and is now returning in the ReMind trailer while Eraqus most have been born in the past and traveled forward.

So what happened to the ancient keyblade wielders who fought in the war? If their hearts traveled forward in time and remained in their keyblades, is it then possible that they will somehow return one day, perhaps sooner than we think?

Luxu/Braig/Xigbar later place his eye in to a keyblade as well, or at least some kind of weapon - The Soul Eater.
Make me think of the dialogue between Sora and YX at DI in 3D.

Another thought is that KH is free from time, existing outside of it and so when you summon it you have the option to transport your whole body through any place in time you like to go. This would explain how the Foretellers used the war to summon KH and move through time...

It's also my Theory that Kairi will be the key to reuniting all the worlds based on wisdom and compassion, not the fear and pride tactics that MX used.

Just some food for thought

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Interesting ideas about the Keyblade being part of the time travel mechanic. Personally, however, I want them to stick with what the established rules are and very rigidly keep to them. Already things get difficult when you include time travel and if they start developing and changing the rules over time it can open up a lot of unintended issues. (Unless of course they planned for the alternate rules from the beginning and just had YX...lie about it. Which is possible I guess.)

It's also my Theory that Kairi will be the key to reuniting all the worlds based on wisdom and compassion, not the fear and pride tactics that MX used.

So I have my own thoughts about Kairi. Mostly coming from what I hope for her character more than any substantial reason to believe this way, but...
When Nomura was asked about the chess piece on the board at the end of the epilogue being "Sora" he was a bit vague. While that is kind of his style, and there are many reasons for him to not be direct about it, I think the reason he was wishy-washy about his answer is because maybe that piece actually stands for Kairi.
If we think about it, in the end Sora essentially swapped himself for her. So we could almost believe that he and her traded pieces if you wanted to be symbolic. Especially considering the connection between the two of them, I would absolutely buy it if, until Sora comes back to reclaim his spot, she is going to stand in for him.
From what we saw of the secret ending, it looks like wherever the heck Sora ended up, it is clear that Riku is somehow getting involved. Sure, they are both in different parts of "Tokyo" but they are both kinda in...Tokyo, I guess. Kairi wasn't part of the picture there so I can only assume she is back at home. I don't think this is because she doesn't want to help find Sora, not at all. I think it's actually because she's kind of like Sora's tether to the real world. (Not to mention her lack of...experience in diving, which would make her going into...whatever dimension they are in difficult)
But SOMEONE has to stay behind to keep everyone united. And who would that be? Aqua maybe? Terra? I get the impression Roxas just wants to have a dang vacation. Who knows who else exactly would step up to do that while Sora and Riku are MIA for who knows how long.
My vote is for Kairi. Sora literally gave her his spot, and I have no doubt that she would be motivated in trying to help. And she has at least interacted with just about everyone (minus Terra, I guess). Aqua would maybe seem like a good connector on paper, but she doesn't actually really know that many people outside of her own trio, Riku and Sora yet. Hasn't gotten to know them much (ignoring unheard, implied off-screen dialogue). Kairi already has a pretty established connection with the entire sea-salt trio including Namine (for obvious reasons), has a connection to Aqua, and most likely with Ven (they were both chilling in Sora for a while after all). So until the gang has more time to interact with each other she is probably the best "bridge" character. Ven being the other option.

Let's also not question her motivation going forward. She's likely gotta combat a lot of feelings of guilt, on top of wanting to actually feel like it was worth it for Sora to go to such lengths to save her. I'm rooting for my girl to be holding the fort down and trying to keep the world safe until Sora comes back.

So, just like you theorize, I think Kairi is going to be important in keeping everyone united. The only question is if the next game is going to be in the "real world" or if it's going to be following Sora/Riku around in "Tokyo". Or alternating between.

To be honest though I am kind of torn. On the one hand, I want Kairi to prove that she can stand on her own without Sora or Riku to be there to guide her through things. That would be nice. On the other hand, I just...bring Sora home, please. Soon.

Zach2

Interesting ideas about the Keyblade being part of the time travel mechanic. Personally, however, I want them to stick with what the established rules are and very rigidly keep to them. Already things get difficult when you include time travel and if they start developing and changing the rules over time it can open up a lot of unintended issues. (Unless of course they planned for the alternate rules from the beginning and just had YX...lie about it. Which is possible I guess.)

So I have my own thoughts about Kairi. Mostly coming from what I hope for her character more than any substantial reason to believe this way, but...
When Nomura was asked about the chess piece on the board at the end of the epilogue being "Sora" he was a bit vague. While that is kind of his style, and there are many reasons for him to not be direct about it, I think the reason he was wishy-washy about his answer is because maybe that piece actually stands for Kairi.
If we think about it, in the end Sora essentially swapped himself for her. So we could almost believe that he and her traded pieces if you wanted to be symbolic. Especially considering the connection between the two of them, I would absolutely buy it if, until Sora comes back to reclaim his spot, she is going to stand in for him.
From what we saw of the secret ending, it looks like wherever the heck Sora ended up, it is clear that Riku is somehow getting involved. Sure, they are both in different parts of "Tokyo" but they are both kinda in...Tokyo, I guess. Kairi wasn't part of the picture there so I can only assume she is back at home. I don't think this is because she doesn't want to help find Sora, not at all. I think it's actually because she's kind of like Sora's tether to the real world. (Not to mention her lack of...experience in diving, which would make her going into...whatever dimension they are in difficult)
But SOMEONE has to stay behind to keep everyone united. And who would that be? Aqua maybe? Terra? I get the impression Roxas just wants to have a dang vacation. Who knows who else exactly would step up to do that while Sora and Riku are MIA for who knows how long.
My vote is for Kairi. Sora literally gave her his spot, and I have no doubt that she would be motivated in trying to help. And she has at least interacted with just about everyone (minus Terra, I guess). Aqua would maybe seem like a good connector on paper, but she doesn't actually really know that many people outside of her own trio, Riku and Sora yet. Hasn't gotten to know them much (ignoring unheard, implied off-screen dialogue). Kairi already has a pretty established connection with the entire sea-salt trio including Namine (for obvious reasons), has a connection to Aqua, and most likely with Ven (they were both chilling in Sora for a while after all). So until the gang has more time to interact with each other she is probably the best "bridge" character. Ven being the other option.

Let's also not question her motivation going forward. She's likely gotta combat a lot of feelings of guilt, on top of wanting to actually feel like it was worth it for Sora to go to such lengths to save her. I'm rooting for my girl to be holding the fort down and trying to keep the world safe until Sora comes back.

So, just like you theorize, I think Kairi is going to be important in keeping everyone united. The only question is if the next game is going to be in the "real world" or if it's going to be following Sora/Riku around in "Tokyo". Or alternating between.

To be honest though I am kind of torn. On the one hand, I want Kairi to prove that she can stand on her own without Sora or Riku to be there to guide her through things. That would be nice. On the other hand, I just...bring Sora home, please. Soon.
I hope Kairi will have her own adventure in a future game

Back