• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma [Season 3]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
FoodWars.jpg

At last, a big turning point! These last couple of months have been very good at giving little bits of set-up for characters for what should now be the next big competitive arc.

I suppose somewhat unexpectedly, but was really cool to see, was Erina finally finding her way and figuring out the kind of chef she wants to be, and finally, completely rejecting her dad's ideology. I doubt Erina is completely out of Azami's clutches by a long shot, but seeing her now stand on her own and even inspire the Polaris Dorm gang to fight back was a really big moment for her character ever since her dad came into the picture. Really looking forward to this is going, and seeing how the Advancement Exams shake out next.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
FoodWars.jpg

I know it's not really official, but can Erina just be a member of Polaris already? She practically just lives there already, and if she's going to be helping them out and opposing her dad like they are then she might as well just be a member. #it'snotreallythatimportant

It's an interesting setup for their advancement exams going forward, but hopefully Erina-sensei has prepared the dorm kids for all the trouble that might come across. Lol. Also, as someone who does live in a cold, at times snowy part of the world... it's not that great. Snow is more of a hassle then it is fun. Lol.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Well, it's certainly been a while since I last posted here, so... ketchup!

SEASON TWO OF THE ANIME IS HERE! (Three episodes already, lol.) The show is really picking up the pace this season compared to the first. Three episodes done and we've had three Fall Classic matches done, which I would have expected 1.5 to 2 episodes per match. This is keeping things going at a brisk pace. (episode one was the only really noticeable one because some more of the prep work and flashback material from the manga was left out.) It amuses me to no end seeing the over-the-top moments of the manga be even more over-the-top in the anime again, so this is definitely a favorite show of mine to watch every week.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Will procrastination ever not get the better of me? Current statistics say... probably not. But that means I have TWO volumes to talk about now.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'll admit this arc felt like it was dragging its heels in a little bit because, not a whole lot was going on besides everyone traveling and passing exams to become 2nd year high schoolers. Boy, did things get thrown upside down fast! Hayama, you freaking traitor! I cannot believe you went straight for central instead of joining up with everyone else! This is why Kurokiba will remain my favorite compared to you. I'll admit with this recent chapter, I almost thought maybe Jun would make an appearance because, maybe she felt differently about central. Except I guess teachers can be neutral, considering Dojima is one on neither side. Thank goodness he's helping Yukihira out by telling him how under matched he'd be. And holy crap, I didn't expect to see one of the former elite ten show up after all this time either. It feels rather fitting, knowing a spice user is helping against one that's trying to kick Yukihira in the teeth. Either way, I hope Yukihira accepts all the help he can get. And bear meat sounds rather unpleasant to me. xD

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
The royal brawl between chefs for a life time to be a part of the council of ten was quite something. I love how Hayama beat third years. I'm dying to know more about the other two chefs, who took the other two spots. I get the feeling Rindo isn't fully on board with Azami. And maybe, Hayama isn't as all bad as I originally thought. Especially if it wasn't handed to him on a silver platter and he fought his way through third years to earn his place. I get the crushing feeling Yukihira might come close, but it won't be enough to take his spot. And we don't know what Yukihira will have to give in exchange, if he loses against Hayama for the ninth seat. I do find it amusing how much Kuga is supporting him though. xD Makes me laugh. This fully has my attention now with how everything up the stakes. Including insight on what else has happened while everybody is trying to pass into another year at the academy.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Hands down my favorite chapter for Food Wars this week. I'm betting Yukihira wins because, Hayama seems nervous. Or maybe Hayama tasting Yukihira's dish will make him remember what he [I]should be fighting for. [/I]And I'd like to see Jun herself appear, because she hasn't quite yet. I feel like they're holding off until the food is decided between them and Jun will be all like, "Hayama-kun, you dummy! There's no debt to be paid! Let me take care of it!" Even if Yukihira loses, I'm okay with it because, duh, he's the main character. However, I'm concerned how the rest of the rebels will do against the Elite Ten. I could see some losing, except it's kind of unfair to put them against each other to begin with unless this is a character growth stepping stone. Furthermore, I love seeing Alice's dad. He's hilarious and reminds me of a doting dad. And Kuga, you're so cute with your need to assert yourself as taller than the twins.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Wow, I'm so late to the party, but I love Food War! I just spontaneously decided to watch a few episodes 2 days ago, and I just fell in love. This has grown to be one of my favorite animes! Megumi is bae btw <3 I love her character development. And the (German) dub was sooo good!

Gaah. Can't wait to watch season 2 once the German dub for S2 releases, because… sorry, but the English dub isn't as good imo. D:

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Wow, I'm so late to the party, but I love Food War! I just spontaneously decided to watch a few episodes 2 days ago, and I just fell in love. This has grown to be one of my favorite animes! Megumi is bae btw <3 I love her character development. And the (German) dub was sooo good!

Gaah. Can't wait to watch season 2 once the German dub for S2 releases, because… sorry, but the English dub isn't as good imo. D:
Wow, another Food Wars fan around here besides Cinder and myself. Welcome to the fandom Muke!

Season 2 is sooooo good, and it has two of my favorite arcs from the series in it. Do you know if the Crunchyroll streaming service is available where you live? All of S2 is on there if you're good with watching English subs at least.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Wow, another Food Wars fan around here besides Cinder and myself. Welcome to the fandom Muke!

Season 2 is sooooo good, and it has two of my favorite arcs from the series in it. Do you know if the Crunchyroll streaming service is available where you live? All of S2 is on there if you're good with watching English subs at least.
:D

It is available and I do have a Crunchyroll account! I'm itching to know more, so I might actually watch it with subs today! I'm sad there are only 13 episodes though. D:

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
:D

It is available and I do have a Crunchyroll account! I'm itching to know more, so I might actually watch it with subs today! I'm sad there are only 13 episodes though. D:
Yeah, 13 episodes isn't a lot compared to the first season, but the Fall Classic is jam packed with so many awesome battles that i'm sure it'll be a fun watch regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back