• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

For those who have already have KH3D, what do you think so far?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShailsTDSPT

Kingdom Hearts 3D today! Yayz! I will buy it in a few hours and, until then, I would like to hear the opinions of those that have bought the game. I'd like to know if it is better than Birth By Sleep, considering that is the game I consider the best till now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: For those who have already got DDD in Europe, what did you think so far?

If you guys want to, you can write up good reviews that we might just put on the main site B)

ShailsTDSPT

I am a sad Kuma Panda as none posted :( Too busy playing?

Anyways, here is what I think of what I played till now: (Finished Notre Dame's Hunchback with Sora and am at the start with Riku)

Graphics - Beats previous games in every possible way. Those are the best graphics I have seen till now in the KH Series and just makes me wonder how cool an HD Collection and KH3 will look when released. I must say - props to Nintendo for making an handheld that makes 3D look way better than it's past titles. Although the fish face problem is still there, I find it less disturbing than other games (maybe because its 10 times less frequent?)

Gameplay - Jaw-dropping. I got really surprised with the gameplay in the Demo but the game itself surprised me even more! The flow-motion seems overwhelming at first but now I use it all the time. All. The. Kupoing. Time. I can't play any other KH game because it feels too slow @.@ (bye level 99 Ventus, you shall be missed :C) I love jumping wall to wall around the Nightmares, holding onto a lamp post then delivering a massive blow to all of them. I also really loved using the commands, more so than in BbS for some reason. There are some things that annoy me (bunch of boxes blocking a way, not being able of climbing the cathedral without entering it) but apart from that, it has the best KH gameplay yet.

Dream-Eaters - Yes they are part of the gameplay but they are too awesomely cute to be in their section. Although I barely notice them in battle because the ones I use are small (Meow Wow and Bat for the win!) but I decided to stand still for a bit and I saw Meow Wow jumping all around the place with awesome Sonic Waves flying around thanks to Bat (don't remember what comes before the "Bat" part in the name). I think they are less noticeable because they don't scream everytime they attack (Goofy, Donald, I am lookin' at ye' - SHUT UP FOR A BIT) and they AI is very good as well, both in battle and in times of peace. They look so lively walking around the world - way more than other party members in other games. When the game refers to bonding with your Dream Eaters, it doesn't lie - I am getting attached to my Spirits already :D Link attacks are also awesome - both with Sora and Riku. Jumping around in Meow Wow in the direction of a boss while listening to Majestic Wings is way too epic. Dream Eaters are also helpful at catching secrets, pay attention to them!

Music - Something one would expect every time a Kingdom Hearts game comes out - Yoko Shimomura getting even better. This version of Dearly Beloved leaves all other versions crying in a corner (not of sadness, just their sister in 3D is so good, it makes them cry tears of joy) and once you drop into the menu - HOLD IT - listen to it before starting a game. Seriously. In-game, the music is just as good, carrying the same emotion as the scene (and even adding to it) like other KH Songs never did (except for Ventus and Roxas Theme, but maybe im a bit biased towards those 2)

3D - In this game, it is rare for something to pop out of the screen. You yourself are sucked into the game (at least thats how I felt) and the 3D doesn't hurt your eyes AT ALL! Easily the best 3D I have seen till now in the 3DS.

Story - Can't say much, haven't seen any development outside of what we saw in the trailers.

Voice Acting - "Hypocrite - You are the one that had made your heart a prision." and "Gipsy Witch" are priceless to hear. Hearing them in the IGN Review and trailers has nothing to do with hearing it yourself through the 3DS' speakers. Every line, ever word, is spoke with the right emotion. Voice acting truly deserving of a Kingdom Hearts game.

From what I played till now, I give 9/10. Being unable to climb the cathedral left me sad :(

MardukKurios

Actually I could try to write a review, but it would be not that easy, since English isn't my native language, well I can try if someone wants to correct read! :D

What was added to the game, next to the bugs I talked about xD, is another Drop-Bonus which can heavily reduce the Drop Gauge.
I actually played a while with Riku, fully completing Las Cité des Cloches and after dropping, there was a new addition and Sora runs around with a Drop Speed of 0.4!!! XD

ShailsTDSPT

Woah! The minimum I got was 0.8 after finishing Traverse Town with Riku and dropping to Sora at the start of La Cité des Cloches... 0.4 - now that is crazy.

I can proof read your review if you want, english isn't my native language but I can read and write it as well as a native speaker (speaking is a bit harder - dat accent)

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards

I would write a review, but I'm terrible at those kinds of things. XD

3D - In this game, it is rare for something to pop out of the screen. You yourself are sucked into the game (at least thats how I felt) and the 3D doesn't hurt your eyes AT ALL! Easily the best 3D I have seen till now in the 3DS.
Couldn't agree more. I don't really use the 3D, but when I did it was amazing, compared to the other games I own.

ShailsTDSPT

Played till the Country of the Muskeeters with both Sora and Riku. This game does not cease to surprise me - in a VERY positive way.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I can proofread it you guys want as well, though I'm sure they'll all be fine~

I would write a review, but I'm terrible at those kinds of things. XD

Any review is a good review!

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

I have the North American version but I'm still included, right? :3

The game is awesome so far! I've barely gotten into it and I already can tell it's gonna be a fun experience. The Mementos are very informative and helpful for fans who are behind on the series. I'll gab some more once I get more playtime but until then, hope you guys have fun with it!

By the way, I'll have a written review on the website later this coming week. (I'm aiming for Thursday or Friday.)

ShailsTDSPT

Once I actually complete the game on Critical (playing on standard atm) I might make a real review. Fantastia here I go!

Inarx

So, I Just signed up after seeing this thread.

I'm currently playing in the Grid, finished Riku's and currently trying to defeat that evil-Tron.

And I'll have to agree with Shails. The Dream Eaters are adorable. I often find myself d'awwwing at all the animations when I pet them.
Flowmotion is also awesome(Though, a tiny bit overpowered during combat).
Reality shift is equally awesome. I love how it changes from world to world, and how you can use it to reach certain places(my favorite one so far has to be Faithline).

Though, while all that is good and well, I don't like the command system.
More specifically, I don't like how you scroll it. It's no good having to use the same thumb for moving, as for scrolling commands. It's a really pain when fighting bosses, since I can't both run around dodging the attacks, and scroll to find my cura. But oh well, all games have their flaws. And in this game, it certainly is worth it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Use the claw, Inarx. The clawwwwwwwww~

(Which is a really awkward position if you haven't played a lot of Monster Hunter to be honest, but it makes it less troublesome compared to using your thumb alone for scrolling through the command deck and navigation)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

More specifically, I don't like how you scroll it. It's no good having to use the same thumb for moving, as for scrolling commands. It's a really pain when fighting bosses, since I can't both run around dodging the attacks, and scroll to find my cura. But oh well, all games have their flaws. And in this game, it certainly is worth it.

Yeah, the placement of the D-pad and the analog stick make it hard. It was much easier with BBS since you could have half of your thumb on the D-pad while moving. :x If the series moves back to Sony systems, there won't be much of a problem with that if they decide to keep the Command System. For now, it's horribly inconvenient.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

By the way, I'll have a written review on the website later this coming week. (I'm aiming for Thursday or Friday.)
And then I'll have the game too and I can compare our impressions and take you down ^u^
Flowmotion is also awesome(Though, a tiny bit overpowered during combat).
Believe me, that is going to change. It starts off with Flowmotion being your strength and commands being useless but that changes.

ShailsTDSPT

I must admit I thought Flowmotion was overpowered but right now it seems about right. Just like I thought commands were useless but now I just spam them :p

Inarx

Use the claw, Inarx. The clawwwwwwwww~

(Which is a really awkward position if you haven't played a lot of Monster Hunter to be honest, but it makes it less troublesome compared to using your thumb alone for scrolling through the command deck and navigation)

The Claw...? >.>;;

Believe me, that is going to change. It starts off with Flowmotion being your strength and commands being useless but that changes.

Ouh, well in that case, all is good :p

On another note. Anyone else who's getting the feeling that Riku does a lot more damage than Sora?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

On another note. Anyone else who's getting the feeling that Riku does a lot more damage than Sora?

Riku's closer to being a power type fighter like Terra, yes xD It makes sense considering their body types. Riku has muscle and Sora is kinda like a twig xD

ShailsTDSPT

I guess it balances with the fact that Sora is invulnerable while using his Dream Eaters, while Riku can still be damaged.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The Claw...? >.>;;

It's this weird position where your left index curves towards your thumb on the analog so it can control the d-pad. Together, they form a C, sorta like a claw. It's very strange, but it gets the job done.

ShailsTDSPT

I grab the 3DS normally and have no problems. I use my thumb to use the Analog and if I need to go up a command, I just push the middle of the thumb into the D-Pad. Has worked till now and in the rare cases I need to go down to cast Cura I just begin flowmotion before so it is harder to get hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back