• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

For those who have already have KH3D, what do you think so far?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: For those who have already got DDD in Europe, what did you think so far?

and your dream eaters don't do a lot.
You gotta work with them. The more you play with them and stuff, the more they'll help you. It's a progressive AI.
I can feel the cleverness oozing off of Chaser
Pretty proud of myself :3

ShailsTDSPT

Just pressed the turn off button by accident after one of Riku's bosses in the final world. I am kupoing mad right now.

SORA619

Awards

You gotta work with them. The more you play with them and stuff, the more they'll help you. It's a progressive AI.

Pretty proud of myself :3

That's what I do. Now that I leveled up some more it became easier. They helped me a lot with the two disc guy(spoiler doesn't work). What is the heart bonus they gain when I play with them?

PS: I did the light cycle part. Thought it was like KHII but saddly it wasn't. :(

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Do you guys prefer Sora's teamwork or Riku's command style-esque co-op techniques? :3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

That's what I do. Now that I leveled up some more it became easier. They helped me a lot with the two disc guy(spoiler doesn't work). What is the heart bonus they gain when I play with them?

PS: I did the light cycle part. Thought it was like KHII but saddly it wasn't. :(

You mean Rinzler/Tron?

The spoiler tag works

Spoiler Spoiler Show

[ spoiler=write stuff ]lol[ /spoiler] no spaces

Lol

[ spoilers ]lol[ /spoilers] no spaces

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Rinzler was in the trailers anyway, so it's not really a spoiler...

Also, it would be boring if the Light Cycle mini-game was a copy and paste of the old one. From what I have seen, this one looks better anyway.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Rinzler was actually the first time I died in this game, lol, I guess mainly because I play directly on Proud and tried to tackle him with Sora only at Level 15.
Someone should also have told me that you can't block his stomp attack, *ggg*. But anyways, in the next round I got the pleasure of killing him off with Comet, where Sora stands on top of the flying rock with his hands behind his head-gesture like a boss. *ggg*

I've finished three worlds so far (Traverse, La Cité des Cloches and The Grid) and it's very entertaining. The world stories tie in better to the overall plot this time, with both Riku and Sora taking advice and making references from the world's plot for their overaching adventure and even the villains (aka Young Xehanort, Ansem and Xemnas) take examples from the world's plot to make a point in their babbling. Playing with the Dream Eaters is tons of fun and really makes them help you with eagerness in battle the more you play with them. I don't know which Dream Eater I have in the team atm (the lizard or the goat) is responsible, but one of them keeps casting Regen on Sora during boss battles and cluttered battles with more than four nightmares, and that's extremely helpful.
I almost forgot to switch spirits in my team since I was so used to work with those I already befriended.

I have to say though that some treasure chests in this title are really hidden well. I've cleared 3 worlds and I already miss one treasure chest in Traverse for Sora, three for Riku and another four in the Grid with Sora.
Flowmotion is in fact a need to get some of the weirder placed ones.

The battle system is also a breath of fresh air, and as Nomura intended, much more fast-paced. Combining Flowmotion attacks, regular Keyblade swings, block-counters (Riku's blast of dark energy is particulary effective!), commands and reprisal attacks is very satisfying.
Some rudimentary approaches to this variety and combining stuff was already done in Birth by Sleep, but in DDD it is way smoother and surely faster.

As for the Drop System, welp, I'm either a rare breed or just able to adapt very good since up to now the Drop System didn't bother me one inch. On the contrary, I find myself planning ahead what I want to accomplish in this "drop phase" and also prepare as much bonus as possible for the other character. Before boss-fights I always quaff some of the items that fill up the drop gauge again so I have enough time to analyze the boss' attacks and attack accordingly.

Story I won't say anything on since this isn't the spoiler-section, so the only things remaining are the music and the Reports/Memento feature.
The music I think does not need anything more than to say it's awesome as usual. The world's tracks are very catchy, Traverse giving off that "dreamy" feeling while La Cité des Cloches has a certain subliminal feeling of imminence and sublime to it (especially when running around the cathedral).
They also use some tracks first introduced in BBS repeatedly, like the Wayfinder-theme (aka Destiny's Union) often in epic/dramatic scenes which really tugs on one's heartstrings Like when Rinzler falls from the arena reaching out for Sora and he's too late to catch him, the farewell scene between Esmeralda, Phoebus, Quadimodo and Riku or Kevin Flynn blowing himself up.
And then there's the reports and the memento feature, some of my favorites in this game and surely one of the best ideas they had (this should have been actually earlier in the other games as well).
In the reports there's a big character compendium where characters are added the more worlds you clear, one section for the world inhabitants and a "main character"-section where important original characters of the KH-Series are added a few at a time. You start out with Sora, Riku, Braig and the brown hooded figure, but which each cleared world there are more characters added in this section as well. The kicker? While all characters have a 3D-Model to them, some, like Sora, Riku or Phoebus, can have their costumes changed inside the Database.
The descriptions for some characters on the bottom screen are in some cases a bit less detailed than they should be, but that's a minor flaw in my book.

The Chronicles over the other games also have a neat extra feature that isn't really seeable on the first look. Besides giving a detailed text on what happened in the specific game and who the central characters are, you have a picture from this game in the background.
Now remember what Nomura said in the Ultimania? That he originally intended to make the chronicles full blown with many pictures of the most important events of each game like a photo album? Well, they couldn't do it this time as he said, but they have a small compromise in that while you scroll down the text, the background image changes to four or five different pictures from the game in question. It's only a minor gimmick, but I found it pretty neat. ^__^
Last but not least, the glossary gives a really simple, general overview over broader things like the Keyblade War, Keyblades and the X-blade, so together with the chronicles and the reports it gives at least a general overview for those for aren't that well-versed in the overaching plot and makes them familiar with important characters from the games after KH2.

SORA619

Awards

I didn't saw a lot of trailers because sometimes they give huge spoilers and didn't want to give away his name. Thanks. :)

Well, yes It's not that bad but I liked the first one more. Can someone confirm If we can play it again without restarting the game?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I didn't saw a lot of trailers because sometimes they give huge spoilers and didn't want to give away his name. Thanks. :)

Well, yes It's not that bad but I liked the first one more. Can someone confirm If we can play it again without restarting the game?

I asked someone with the Japanese version a while back and they confirmed that you could replay it. I am not sure what you have to do to do so, though.

χ-βιαδε

Awards

From what I played till now, I give 9/10. Being unable to climb the cathedral left me sad :(
Actually, using flowmotion + jumping can get you up the cathedral.
It's really fun *-*

SORA619

Awards

I asked someone with the Japanese version a while back and they confirmed that you could replay it. I am not sure what you have to do to do so, though.

I found it. It's from the right direction of the save where Sora starts the Grid world.

Finished the second pack of worlds. 15 hours in and I love every moment of this. I'm 21 lvl with both chars and it's easier than before. The only thing that I don't like is that the story isn't so much dark like BbS. Now back to Traverse. Too happy that my gf is on vacation. *.*

ShailsTDSPT

χ-βιαδε;5883911 said:
Actually, using flowmotion + jumping can get you up the cathedral.
It's really fun *-*

As hard as I try I end up in a section of the climbing session where the wall kick doesn't work Q.Q

Anyways, just finished the game and let me tell you: Nothing to say. I can't make a review on this after completing it. Too much awesomeness to be explained in words. I am not joking either. Whoever doesn't want to play this because it's a side game is missing on epic story and gameplay.

Also, every boss is a kupo. Going on proud now.

χ-βιαδε

Awards

Eheh, just found a typo in the instruction booklet. (English, England :S)
'Nurturing your Sprits also awards you with Link Points (LP) which you can use on the Ability Link board to unlock more powerful commands.'

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

How is the flow maotion in other worlds asside from tranversere town. That place was gret for parkour but I wondered if it be as useful in the grid or Fantasia

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

How is the flow maotion in other worlds asside from tranversere town. That place was gret for parkour but I wondered if it be as useful in the grid or Fantasia

The designed the worlds so that there are at least some areas in every world where it is useful, at least as far as I have seen.

Inarx

Well, if you want the chests, then yeah, flowmotion is going to be used in ALL worlds.

Though, that's a downside with the flowmotion imo.
It's a bit too easy getting to the chests. You don't feel that frustration of seeing a chest, but being unable to reach it.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

And thus, also not the joy of FINALLY being able to open it(only to find out that it was a useless thingy).
So yeah, treasure hunting is a bit too easy with Flowmo, but beside that I still love it.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Well, if you want the chests, then yeah, flowmotion is going to be used in ALL worlds.

Though, that's a downside with the flowmotion imo.
It's a bit too easy getting to the chests. You don't feel that frustration of seeing a chest, but being unable to reach it.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

And thus, also not the joy of FINALLY being able to open it(only to find out that it was a useless thingy).
So yeah, treasure hunting is a bit too easy with Flowmo, but beside that I still love it.

There haven't been inaccessible Treasure chests since like KH1 anyway :p From KH2 onwards they are usually just on the ground right in front of you, so at least they tried to hide these ones in better places. Sure once you find it its easy to get, but at least they are more of a challenge than most of the other games in the series.

ShailsTDSPT

If you enjoy walking miles, then flowmotion is useless :) (I really mean miles, the maps are huge) also there are parts that are way easier to reach with flowmotion. It is useful in every world, even though I think the world where you need to use it the least is Fantasia's world

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

If you enjoy walking miles, then flowmotion is useless :) (I really mean miles, the maps are huge) also there are parts that are way easier to reach with flowmotion. It is useful in every world, even though I think the world where you need to use it the least is Fantasia's world

Really? The maps in that world look pretty huge, both length wise and height wise.

ShailsTDSPT

And they are. But for some reason, I found myself using it WAY less in that world. And I am a flowmotion fanatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back