• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

For those who have already have KH3D, what do you think so far?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I love the Dream Eaters! I just spent like 20 minutes taking pictures of them :p

They should have kept synthesizing commands in the game. Drop system is a little jarring. Dream Eater dispositions and stuff isn't explained very well. Good game other than that.

No on the synthesizing commands thing :/ You could have -ga level spells by like the second world if you wanted, it was way too easy.

tmujir955

Dream Eater behaviour and what not are supposed to be a mystery for you to unveil yourself. As for the Drop System, just use Drop-Me-not when you don't want to drop (I only use them before boss fights) And if the command synthesizing was still in the game, some people wouldn't pay much attention to Dream Eaters which are a MAJOR focus on the game.

You're right, Dream Eaters are a major focus of the game, So they should've explained them better. Maybe through trial and error I would've found out that eye color = disposition, but no way in hell would I ever have found out that you can forcefeed your Dream Eater a specific treat for a specific disposition. Hell, they don't even explain what the dispositions do!

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Re: For those who have already got DDD in Europe/Australia, what did you think so far?

Nope, I can't block for shit. I only started blocking in BBS and I still haven't got the hang of it. I'm always too late or too early. XD

Lol you kinda need that in BBS for Vanitas and Mysterious figure. especially with the healing block ability. speaking of which does healing block and heal slash make a return in this game? Or is it just in BBS to show the gap between TAV and Sora&Riku?

TepidShark

Awards
Giant Bomb's Dave Snider getting attacked by a Meow Wow

Giant Bomb's Brad Shoemaker is playing Kingdom Hearts 3D for I would guess an upcoming quick look video. In the meantime he posted this picture of site designer Dave Snider getting attacked by a Meow Wow. Thought it was funny.

LordPhantomhive

Awards
Re: Giant Bomb's Dave Snider getting attacked by a Meow Wow

Played two hours so far and just beaten Sora's side of Traverse Town. Overall I loving it so far. Flowmotion just freaking rocks and I loving the Dream Eaters so far. It adorable when playing with your Dream Eaters especially when one time my Meow Wow went up the screen licking.XD I also love how vast the levels are. The post office (that place made me go wow actually) and the back alley are great to explore. As for the drop system I already getting the hang of it and I like using DP to give bonuses to the other side.

ShailsTDSPT

Anyone think Fantasia is the hardest world Nightmare wise? I swear to god, that thing is overkill and probably impossible in a level 1 Critical run... I think I will have to grind for a long time if I want a chance at those nightmares...

Venitas

I just got to the Grid for both Sora and Riku. Holy Hell, the worlds are gigantic. In most KH games I want to explore every nook and cranny of a room, but in this game, that's quite a daunting task. This isn't a complaint tho, I'm really excited actually. I am going to be playing this game for a longgggggggggggggg time

EDIT: On an unrelated note, I really like the new forum and site design! I am virtually high fiving the kh crew right now

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I'm on the the Hunchback of Notre Dome world, and it's safe to say I'm loving how different of a feel it has from other games. Flowmotion does take some getting used to, and it's going to take me a while to understand some of the mechanics of the game, but so far I'm loving it.

PROS:

1) In previous games, when you walk away from a field fight and the enemy disappears, its health regenerates when you return to the area it was in. But, in 3D, its health stays the same.
2) The Dream Eaters are more useful than Donald and Goofy ever were.
3) The worlds are GINORMOUS. Probably the biggest areas I've seen in the series.

CONS:

1) Even though I've played all of the games, the story is pretty hard to follow. The Story section in Reports helps this issue though.
2) In BBS, each character had different boss battles. I thought that was the same case with 3D, but when Sora and Riku both had the same boss battles, I was sort of disappointed. It did help that each version of their boss had different moves.

Back to enjoying my game :D

ShailsTDSPT

I'm on the the Hunchback of Notre Dome world, and it's safe to say I'm loving how different of a feel it has from other games. Flowmotion does take some getting used to, and it's going to take me a while to understand some of the mechanics of the game, but so far I'm loving it.

PROS:

1) In previous games, when you walk away from a field fight and the enemy disappears, its health regenerates when you return to the area it was in. But, in 3D, its health stays the same.
2) The Dream Eaters are more useful than Donald and Goofy ever were.
3) The worlds are GINORMOUS. Probably the biggest areas I've seen in the series.

CONS:

1) Even though I've played all of the games, the story is pretty hard to follow. The Story section in Reports helps this issue though.
2) In BBS, each character had different boss battles. I thought that was the same case with 3D, but when Sora and Riku both had the same boss battles, I was sort of disappointed. It did help that each version of their boss had different moves.

Back to enjoying my game :D

The reason why Sora and Riku share the bosses is actually story based. Riku is inside Sora's dreams. When Sora sleeps, he dreams with the enemies he fights, resulting in Riku himself fighting them inside his dreams. This is also mentioned by Joshua when he says that in both Traverse Towns, time flows diferently. We all know that time flows diferently in our dreams and in reality, sometimes we dream a whole week when we were only asleep for couple of hours It kinda makes sense with the Drop system too - When Sora falls asleep, he starts dreaming allowing Riku to explore his dreams. As Riku becomes sleepy until eventually he drops, Sora gets closer to waking up till he wakes up, making us once again play Sora. It is funny how Drop-Me-Not's are used by Sora so he can stay awake, but used by Riku to actually make him sleep longer :P

Knehcs

Does anyone have any pictures with the case from the MoM edition on their 3DS's? I want to see what it looks like, especially on a purple 3DS like mine. Also, does the top part of the case stay on if you use the circle pad pro?

I don't have a picture of mine uploaded yet, but I can confirm that the top half of the case is usable with the Circle Pad Pro. The clear case doesn't look all that great on my Zelda 3DS (it's definitely designed for much brighter 3DS' than a black one), but with a white piece of paper slid just between the case and the 3DS itself should help that.

LordPhantomhive

Awards
So I move on from Traverse Town and into the world of Notre Dame. I also got that Neko dream eater from one of the AR cards and decided to name it Servine.:tongue: It became a psycho through lol. And ugh what the point of having cheering and gasping from the crowd when there is no crowd.>.>

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I'm not very far in the game (only Hunchback world), but I'm finding this plot to be quite poorly constructed. The combination of frequent flashbacks and constant use of fancy-sounding gibberish (basically any sentence with the word dream in it) just makes the whole plot a bit aggravating. And all the talk of this being a good title for series newbies is extremely hard to swallow. I'd probably be struggling to understand the story if I had just missed BbS and played every other game, let alone if I had missed every game so far. Sure the reports and mementos help, but you only unlock an explanation of a past plot point AFTER it's been brought up in conversation, which is too late for the info to be really useful. And the story wastes no time giving you any sort of rundown of what has happened in past entries. The voice actors are fantastic, though. Really, this might be a series best in that regard.

The gameplay is awesome as well. Dream Eaters are a great addition. I jumped the gun and unlocked my AR Dream Eaters right off the bat, so I'm having a hard time convincing myself to switch to weaker Spirits, but the wide variety of options is great. Not a huge fan of the new system of unlocking commands, but it's certainly not bad, and the ability-unlocking side of it is brilliant. Also, I've never really had a problem with the Drop system. I always give myself plenty of time finish my business before the gauge runs out, and it does give me incentive to use both characters.

iLeen

Awards
I only finished Traverse Town, but the game is even more exciting than I anticipated. I've already seen all the cutscenes, in both Japanese and English, so I know what happens. The only thing I'm judging the game by is the gameplay, and man...is flow-motion the best thing ever?! It took me a few minutes to adjust to a 3DS since I'm use to Sony consoles (all the buttons were in different places XD ), but once I got the hang of it, the game was smooth-sailin'. And I just LOVE my Dream Eaters. I think I "pet" them too much to the point that they looked annoyed (I'm assuming so since dark fumes were coming out of them. Haha). I would continue playing on, but I got a headache from playing and staring at the screen for too long (or I'm just getting old).

BagelBreath

Awards
I just started the Notre Dame world on both characters. Love the game so far, except the Drop system. I haven't dropped during a boss battle, but I have dropped while trying to explore, and it's just annoying. Everything else is amazeballz so far! <3

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Dropping gets easier, trust me. Though I found it natural from the start.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've been going with the flow with my drops. I drop at the start of a boss if I have a low meter, and yep.

BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING. ;A; Areas are so HUGE.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've been going with the flow with my drops. I drop at the start of a boss if I have a low meter, and yep.

Bobjam

Awards

The emptiness of the worlds (partially due to their size) is possibly one of the only slight slight downers on the game for me but still amazing how they have packed so much space into each world. Shame about the lack of life in them like in bbs ^^.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back