• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

for those who have played bbs

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
It is. I played it and it was the best KH ever.
Still because it is almost summer I would say no.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Yeah it's worth it. It's got a good difficulty, the story is very good, the bosses are cool. Only complaints I have is that I wished they would have added one more disney world, they could have used slightly more bosses per story, and the bosses need a little more HP. But it's still probably the best game in the series, if not just a little below COM.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
I would say if you're still a fan of Kingdom Hearts, you'll like BbS. The production values of the game are top-notch Square-Enix fare, and those who are enthralled by the story thus far will enjoy the game hereon out. Shimomura's soundtrack is probably the best I've heard in this title since Parasite Eve or Live-A-Live. The gameplay is pretty standard Kingdom Hearts fare, which feels more in the vein of Kingdom Hearts II than any other of the titles. The ability system is pretty much a carbon-copy of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII's materia fusion, and it might seem a bit old for those who played that game before this one. As someone who played Birth by Sleep on the highest difficulty setting, it was an extremely easy game to complete. If you're willing to let up on smashing the O (or X button in the overseas version), timing your guards and countering will take enemies down in seconds and some bosses down in less than a few minutes. The many features the game adds such as random form transformations, Shoot Lock, and D-Link all seem tacked on like cool things they wanted to add to the battle system but are weakly linked to any relevance to the game other than assuming its the power of the keyblade. However the game's implementation of the Command Board ability growth system was a pretty fun diversion for me, implementing an element of strategy that is absent from the battle system gameplay. Though its pretty much an Itagaki Street Special clone, you'll find a large amount of your timesink fiddling around with this. Level design is pretty much standard Kingdom Hearts fare too, with bright color pallets, but minimalist (in a forgettable sense, which is a sin for some of the Disney worlds) and sometimes a tad boring to look at. I greatly appreciate that there are more platforming elements to BbS than in say Kingdom Hearts II.

Overall it was a pretty good game, a lot of things I thought they could improve on from KH2 that they didn't, but its by no means a game not worth playing.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
As someone who played Birth by Sleep on the highest difficulty setting, it was an extremely easy game to complete..

You found BBS easy on Proud Mode? Jeez, I had the hardest time trying to get through the game on proud. Took me forever to beat Ven's last boss and Terra's last boss and don't get me started on last episode's final boss.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Well, as someone who sunk hundreds of hours on Dissidia before playing BbS, blocking attacks became extremely predictable (being that the games share similar guarding styles, and Dissidia demands higher reflexes of the player to block and parry). The window for counter-attacks is greatly increased by blocking and you can whittle your enemies down simply by counterattacking and unloading a Shoot Lock.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Well, as someone who sunk hundreds of hours on Dissidia before playing BbS, blocking attacks became extremely predictable (being that the games share similar guarding styles, and Dissidia demands higher reflexes of the player to block and parry). The window for counter-attacks is greatly increased by blocking and you can whittle your enemies down simply by counterattacking and unloading a Shoot Lock.

Well I only used Shoot Locks for an emergency situation and there was plenty of them lol

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
I only found them useful for when there was an enemy at a distant range and I didn't have an appropriate skill available or I didn't want to bother closing in on them. However all situations in the game can be avoided by watching your enemy's strike coming a mile away and tapping square to block and then launch into a counter-attack. But in regards to abilities, I'm a bit relieved to see Nomura commenting on balancing some of the stronger ones for the English version because they are literally broken-level strong.

YUPPP

I thought it was great. Not the best but really fun. I loved the game play. My only complaint is that I wished some commands weren't so strong and the Disney worlds were longer. But it's worth your money, I enjoyed it greatly.

I agree with Shamdeo that 98% of all bosses could be defeated by just using guard and counterattack.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Well its a great thing that its gonna be more balanced here because the only game that is giving me any challenge is Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, i mean the difficulty increases greatly with each set of missions. i hope that this game is also a little harder than the JP version

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.
Well its a great thing that its gonna be more balanced here because the only game that is giving me any challenge is Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, i mean the difficulty increases greatly with each set of missions. i hope that this game is also a little harder than the JP version

Yeah I hear they are adding a critical mode to it( I think).

YUPPP

Is it one file for each character? How do they connest to unlock everything?

It's only one file for one character. You unlock everything on proud by beating all three scenarios and getting all Xehanort reports.

YUPPP

How does the game know that you have done that.

When you go to load game Last Chapter file will have it's own file automatically. And there is a trinity report section on the title screen to see what reports you still need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back