• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Found an old nostalgic gem

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AR829038

Awards
I was digging around randomly, and I happened to stumble upon this clip of the original KH1 website from 2002. Now that Flash is defunct, there is no way to access this archived site anymore, even with the Wayback Machine, so this now exists as one of the only surviving records I could find of this ancient relic of early KH history. Brings back a lot of memories.
EDIT: I originally uploaded a different video, but here I have a much fuller, much better audio-quality video that shows off the website in much fuller detail:

Last edited:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
That's so cool! Oh, man. I never saw this. I didn't have Internet access back then. But now I wish this site still existed, so I could play around with it some. But I'm glad we at least have this, then. I'm so glad you found it. Thank you!

AR829038

Awards
That's so cool! Oh, man. I never saw this. I didn't have Internet access back then. But now I wish this site still existed, so I could play around with it some. But I'm glad we at least have this, then. I'm so glad you found it. Thank you!
No problem.
I remember visiting this site way back when KH1 was the only game in the series, before even the GBA Chain of Memories came out, on my dad's old desktop computer. Good times. I only wish Flash was still in operation so I could visit it myself.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I loved the old sites that Square Enix use to build for each Kingdom Hearts game. I remember spending 2004 and/or 2005 refreshing the Kingdom Hearts 2 website almost every day* waiting for an update. It had a Coming Soon section that, even well after the game released, never updated aha. That and Birth by Sleep's website were great.

I don't recall going to the Kingdom Hearts 1 website much, probably because I did discover the series 18 months to 2 years after it released, so this is pretty much new to me. Love that the command menu from the game is the navigation bar.

Square really just don't make websites like they use to :(

*Probably not that often but often enough that I can remember what it looks like in my head.

Awards
Heh, this does bring back memories. I would always be going into the page source and downloading each individual .swf page/file, then tearing up all of the different resources. Site elements, sounds, music, etc. And I'm pretty sure I kept a bunch to this day!

Back