• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fourth Wall Breaking in Kingdom Hearts 4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sonofjafar

Awards
With Kingdom Hearts 4 delving into the realm of what is fiction and what is real in the Kingdom Hearts universe, I think now would be a good time to talk about the fourth wall and how much meta story telling it can take before it finally breaks. The way I see it there are a few possibilities:

1. Disney and Square as companies will be revealed to be existing presences in Quadratum.

2. Sora will discover that he has indeed lost been defeated multiple times and the player is what always brings him back. In addition to this, the player will be addressed as a presence in the game

3. Mickey Donald and/or Goofy will reveal that they are indeed aware of the fourth wall but keep it a secret to avoid giving everyone existential crises

Or 4. All of the above

WaltK

Awards
True but they never said who made Verum Rex

Verum_Rex_cover.png

Sonofjafar

Awards
ah. nevermind that one then. still leaves possible mentions of the player as a presence and the possibility of Mickey and Co being fourth wall aware. I will say they never explained how timeless river and by extension DIsney Town and Castle went from black and white to color

shadywinters

Awards
This kind of makes me think of this one piece of artwork that someone created. Where it was Sora, Riku and Kairi. They were all piled up in Sora's room, and all the little trinkets and such scattered about were reminiscent of the adventures that the three of them went on, making it seem as if it was one collective dream they all had.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
This kind of makes me think of this one piece of artwork that someone created. Where it was Sora, Riku and Kairi. They were all piled up in Sora's room, and all the little trinkets and such scattered about were reminiscent of the adventures that the three of them went on, making it seem as if it was one collective dream they all had.
Sora wakes up in a pile of Disney VHS tapes and FF discs the morning after the sleepover and says "I guess those thoughts weren't real afterall".

Sonofjafar

Awards
Sora wakes up in a pile of Disney VHS tapes and FF discs the morning after the sleepover and says "I guess those thoughts weren't real afterall".
And then reality starts glitching between kingdom hearts and the real world. We take control of Sora during these glitches but the real life segments are just cutscenes with dialogue options

Back