• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[fr@gm3n+s]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~- Snippets of Conversation -~

"Welcome to your new home Samara." A deep voiced man said.

I looked at the house. It was pretty decent. It was two stories and located in a really nice part of Enix City. The man and woman standing before me were my new parents. They smiled at me and I returned their smile.

"Now Samara, I know this is all new to you, but I'd like you to meet your new family." A soothing female voice said. "Ethan, this is Samara. Say hi, Ethan."

"...H-hi..." Ethan murmured sheepishly.

"And Samara, this is Mia. Mia, Samara."

"Hi, Mia." I waved. Mia reached her hands out towards me, and I slowly retreated hesitantly.

"Uh..."

"It's okay Samara. She just wants to feel your face." The man said, chuckling.

"Um...why?" I stuttered.

"It's because Mia's blind, dear."

Siam had been more focused on her new memory than focusing on what was going on around her. She'd followed the group to the next district, she saw her surroundings, making a silent note of them for future reference even as her mind tried to wander. She saw the arcade they came to, she heard the chatter that everyone was voicing in regards to the text they'd just gotten. Reading it over, she quickly signed into Anna's palm what it said. She watched as Anna thought it over, considering the words before she said, "We should carry on, it wouldn't do us any good to stay out here."

Siam did agree with that thought process, even if something didn't sit well with her about going into the arcade. Regardless though, she moved inside and was instantly bombarded by the sounds and lights of the machines. She saw the ghosts of everyone who'd ever set foot into the arcade, she heard their voices as the innocent gamers engaged in the act of playing the different games. Although there was a certain group of kids that caught her attention, watching them she tried to place who they were.

"Seriously Van, why did you bring us here?"

"Does it matter Solstice?"​

"Yeah, because we're trying to survive in this twisted game."

"Easy Sol, there's no need to get hostile."​

"Sync has a point..."

"Rhys, please stay out of this."​

"Sol, chill."

Blinking slowly to clear the images from her vision and the voices from her head, she focused back on what was going around her. Looking back at Anna, she signed into the girl's palm. 'Any ideas as to what we should do?' Anna seemed to be mulling that same question over, so it took a few moments for her to answer the dark-haired girl. "I've got one idea, and that's we proceed with caution but move fast. We should also try to avoid splitting up, it caused way too many problems the last time."

She signed back an affirmative before she guided Anna through the arcade to where the other Fragmented that had entered were. Coming up toward them, she asked carefully, "Anyone have any ideas of what we're supposed to do this time?"

~- Sudden Doubts -~

Sync knew he was going to get scolded by Rien for being late, the other collector may have been chill as all get out; but even he liked keeping a schedule. It didn't take too much longer after that coughing fit for Sync to find the coffee shop that Rien had specified. Walking in, he saw his teammate and approached the other boy. He ordered a glass of water and headed over to talk to the other collector. Sitting down at the table, he started spinning the straw in his drink as his mind mulled over the things that he'd found out today. He wasn't sure how to fully explain what was going through the muddled thing that was his mind, and he was way more tired than he should have been from the first round.

His doubts from the previous game started to boil up again, and before he could stop himself, Sync asked softly, "Do you think we made the right choice?" It was partially because his throat hurt and partially because he didn't want people overhearing the conversation.

He knew that given the other options, it probably was the best case scenario that they had. Even so, he'd been having his doubts about it; which was just made even worse by the memory he'd just gotten. Even so, he felt the fluxes in power that had been occurring since the hotel, two of which having seemed to have been from the last game. Looking at him, he added onto his previous question, using the same tone as before, "I mean, haven't you noticed the strange presences that seem to be flickering into existence in this game? It seems as if there's at least two from our run as Fragments, not to mention a third presence that I don't really like the idea of being anywhere near the Fragmented." Sync wasn't sure how to continue with his train of thought, and all of a sudden he regretted not trying harder to find some sort of jolt of caffeine on his way here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back