• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Friends?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Ascension

A Hero's Countdown
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I..have this problem at school.I moved to a new goverment school just this year and I was worried not to make friends.The first week...I didnt make any new friends.The second week,a new student joined the class and he and I became best friends.After a while he stopped coming to school and I had found out he quit.And so I tried talking to some of my classmates.What annoys me is..they will only talk if I talk to them.If I come in a room..there would be no "hi" or "hello".They would downright ignore me.

Because of this,I had become moody until some people became friends with me.At least most of the guys in my class.At least a quarter of them were good friends to me..the rest would somehow try to manipulate me and use me....

I get upset when this happens,and when I say no..they ignore me again.By the way they look at me....it seems they're judging a book by it's cover.Truth be told..I wear glasses and I'm a bit on the chubby side.When I wear clothes that are tucked in it makes me look like a nerd.

I'm tired of this happening everytime i move toa new school..And so..my question is this : Can anyone tell me on what to do?

P.S.I cant ignore them or they'll think I'm snobbish which I'm not.

ifly

Awards
hm....this is a hard time for u i guess...well i have changed school 2 but i m friends with everyone in my class..
Try to say hello and look about persons that have the same interests with u. Yes it is the most difficult time in (my) life...good luck!:p i dont know anything else to tell you sorry....

Little_Red

betch.
lose weight
get contacts

JUST KIDDING!

the only way you'll make friends is by talking to them. but if you don't feel very confident about yourself, then do something that will make you feel better about yourself. if you feel more confident about yourself, it'll be easier to talk to other people and you could make more friends.

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
That's the thing, key_hurler. If they're not going to be nice to you, no matter what you do, then it's best to ignore them. So what if they think you're snobbish? That's their problem, not yours. You know you're not snobbish, and eventually a nice person will come by and see that. A friendship will spur sooner or later. Don't try and be what you aren't. It's hard, yes, but since you know that anything you say to these kids will give you a negative response, why bother?

Remain being friendly to others and I guarantee you that you'll make new friends in no time.

Davy Jones

I Believe In Harvey Dent
Website
crashkid77.deviantart.com
Don't be wrapped up in what others think about you. If the people that don't like you think you're a snob, then don't try to be friends with them. Find out who you can rely on and branch out from there. Just don't try to do things that will get you nowhere but down in your mind. Be yourself, and someone is bound to like you.

strike chaos

my suggestion is join a club thats a great way to met people and you have to work together and talk, so basicly they have to get to know you and in time you'll get some friends or wait for another new kid a befriend him.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
...what the hell does it matter if they think you're snobbish?

Agreed. When I was in middle school, I was more or less in the same position as you. It too was kinda chubby and wore glasses (thank God for metabolism and contacts) and people would pick on me. I just ignored them so they wouldn't get the satisfaction of upsetting me and eventually, most of them stopped. Of course, there are still those moronic jackasses who, to this day, keep pestering people. Unfortunately, you can't do much about them other than to continue ignoring them. But while I ignored the people who bothered me, they did start to ask why I was being that way. I pretty much told them to not ask questions with such obvious answers and continued about my work. So what if they grow to think you're a snob? The people picking on you clearly are not your friends, so what does it matter? Just stick to that quarter of guys who are your friends, and even waste your time with the others.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Why don't you try sitting at a table with a lot of your peers? At lunch would be a good time. Like when they are talking and they bring up a point of interest, maybe you can give your feed back on that subject. It does not have to be a huge response, but just say a little something then and there. Well that worked for me. Try to at least know one of them pretty well, so that you could fit in with the rest of them over time. You never know, they might grow to like you. Another thing that could help, when you are assigned a group project, maybe you could hang out with that person, just a little.

I don't know if it helps you, but I'll bring up my experinces. Also you should not take too many things to heart, I learned from 8th.lol I use to worry about the problem your having, but I always wind up with quite abit friends and or with people I know on a side level. I'm often rude when I try not to be. People say hi, I either shake my head, or barely wave. For some reason I just don't have words to spare with others, all of the time.

I mean, I'm a nice guy, but I only have deep conversations with people, when I'm interested in what they are talking about. My expressions and serious looks pisses and annoys a lot of people and girls complain about that. Sometimes I may bring up some topics, like sports, a rumor, TV show, a particular incident, etc.

But they like to make fun and joke about my gestures, speech, and how I eat. Apprently, a few of them think I'm crazy. But if they laugh and joke about me that much in a friendly manner, it definately means that I'm on their mind, and I'm pretty decent to hang around with. But try to ignore or distant yourself from those you don't like or those who you think has a bad influence on you.

Last edited:

Athletics Legend

*The Future Athlete*
screw them bro...get some other frends..ignore and soon they will start talking to u..

when i changed skools in primary..i normally used to hang out with the guys who used to play soccer..by playing..i instantly got frends...if it doesnt happen for you, just wait a while..

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
So what if they grow to think you're a snob? The people picking on you clearly are not your friends, so what does it matter? Just stick to that quarter of guys who are your friends, and even waste your time with the others.

Signnnned.

But seriously, quality is better than quantity with friends. Work on developing your friendship with those who are kind towards you. With the support of real friends you stand more of a chance to meet other people, and you'll become happier.

Don't become too fixated on your appearance. People who are so shallow as to only judge by appearance aren't even worthy of becoming your friend, so just don't bother on trying to please them.

DJ GloriX

Awards
Website
alayness.deviantart.com
They should make a tutorial how to become friends o_o;
Well to Me I can already see if someone is good or bad, I've been hurt, dumped, used so many times that I now know perfectly who is good or bad, I don't get attracted to fast, I look carefully, if I only see 1 glimpse that remind me of those others who hurted, I would act sarcasm and ignore them.
But what more people need is to be social, you don't need to be cool or to show off or to be rich or to be populair to make friends, it's the inside that counts, and sociallise, I know it's hard, but it's never to late to give it a try!

soraluverforever

well friends are the best I have learned that they are good and bad ones ....So many friends hurt , dump me and make me sad . I will ingore friends that hurt me saying lies to me and did more bad things
FRIENDS are amazing when you found the one that really likes you .how you make friends well thats your heart inside you that counts If you are very nice I just now you will get great friends ^-^

Sonja~Soulheart

Speed lvl- snail
Website
alichinorinoa.deviantart.com
uhm... well just ingore those jerks . so what if they might think your snobbish? f they've been ingoring you then they're the ones who's snobbish. you eventually get a friend, so try looking or wait.... and maybe they're just unsure or sumtn.. i dunno?

as for me... im lucky to get my friends who really care. these are the kinds of friends you should have and look.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
If you want something in this world, you've just got to take it. No offense to anyone, but everyone is different - thus they all need different solutions, and obtain things like self confidence differently.

I got my self confidence from meditation, reflective thinking, and no counseling whatsoever.

Just dig up courage from within. Think happy thoughts. Just go with the flow, and whatever happens, don't turn your back. It's all cool man. (Omgah I sound like a hippie..-_-)

You could always take up a sport, maybe do a few streches every now and then. Most guys think football is a guy sport, because it's 'manly'. *hides from football fans*

I beg to differ. It's basically a fastrack to getting yourself injured for months, and possibly for the rest of your life. Pardons if I seem mean but this can happen.

Just stand up to the plate. Show you're worth a damn. And don't take anything back.

Be cool with it, and show who you are by talking to people. Get active socially. Don't sit in the corner waiting for something to happen. Sit at the center table, and don't give the seat to anyone, even if they threaten you. Fear is nothing once you understand its true purpose.

As for most of those people in your class, they sound snobby or somehting, seriously. Someone in there's got to have something in common with you to be friends. If not then there's something wrong with them.

Just use that brain! Just go with what you think is right, and nothing else matters. Hope this helped at all.

Last edited:

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
People aren't as shallow as you think. It's probably all in your head. "Oh, these people are going to think I'm a nerd, or oh, these people are going to think I'm freaky."

You're probably just quiet, while they're more talkative. Don't be shy, start a conversation, what have you got to lose?

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days
well my advice is to find friends that respect you and that can relate to u. One good way: join a club. Find something that u find interesting and that way you can meet ppl of your same interest. Don't worry about those other kids, there just lozers anways!!! xD but seriously, get new friends. And everyday, you should look in the mirror and find something that u like about yourself! don't worry, be happy! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back