• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Frozen II - November 2019

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kaseykockroach

Awards
this chick better be gay so help me god

This is the same studio that paraded Lefou in their live-action Beauty and the Beast remake as "first gay representation". Thus, they've done well to teach us to keep expectations low.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Instead of a romantic subplot I wonder if Elsa will form a mentorship role with the new girl controlling the leaves? She may have similar fears and doubts she once had.

SoulXaldin

Awards
lol I saw this coming but I’m looking forward to it. There’s a lot of new stuff that seems very interesting and such (like it being set in Autumn). Man, I remember watching the first movie like 3 times cause my sister always wanted to watch it.

But there is one thing that irks me. I don’t mean to rain on anyone’s parade or be a “bigot” or anything, but I think I’ve had enough LGBT representation shoved down my throat as of late. I understand that the community is a vocal minority and they need to get their message spread and stuff, but it wouldn’t hurt to turn it down just a couple of notches. This new trend of LGBT characters in media feels very hamfisted and full of virtue-signaling for the sake of “diversity” than anything meaningful. Plus, this is a kids film first and foremost. Kids don’t need hear about this kind of stuff and their age. Their too young to understand what any of that stuff means anyway.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
lol I saw this coming but I’m looking forward to it. There’s a lot of new stuff that seems very interesting and such (like it being set in Autumn). Man, I remember watching the first movie like 3 times cause my sister always wanted to watch it.

But there is one thing that irks me. I don’t mean to rain on anyone’s parade or be a “bigot” or anything, but I think I’ve had enough LGBT representation shoved down my throat as of late. I understand that the community is a vocal minority and they need to get their message spread and stuff, but it wouldn’t hurt to turn it down just a couple of notches. This new trend of LGBT characters in media feels very hamfisted and full of virtue-signaling for the sake of “diversity” than anything meaningful. Plus, this is a kids film first and foremost. Kids don’t need hear about this kind of stuff and their age. Their too young to understand what any of that stuff means anyway.

But kids are totally fine to see straight people kiss? Why is that okay but LGBT themes are not okay? Children are smart and if a parent was to do their job, they would sit down and explain things to them if they have questions.

Get that shit out of here. I don’t have time to deal with disgusting outdated views.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

No one is shoving anything down your throat. If you don’t want to be a bigot, try not seeing LGBT as something unnatural that doesn’t belong in your line sight. If you aren’t questioning the identity of cishet characters in media, why question that of LGBT characters unless you think there is something wrong with LGBT identities?

Frozen had a romance between Anna and Kristoff. If kids are old enough to understand that, then they’re old enough to understand any romance Elsa has. It’s pretty simple.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don’t mean to rain on anyone’s parade or be a “bigot” or anything, but I think I’ve had enough heterosexual representation shoved down my throat as of late. I understand that the community is vocal and they need to get their procreation message spread and stuff, but it wouldn’t hurt to turn it down just a couple of notches. This trend of forced heterosexual romance in media feels very hamfisted and full of virtue-signaling for the sake of “hetero-normativity” than anything meaningful. Plus, this is a kids film first and foremost. Kids don’t need hear about this kind of stuff and their age. Their too young to understand what any of that stuff means anyway.

SoulXaldin

Awards
Look, I’m not saying this with any sort of animus whatsoever. There’s nothing wrong with being gay or bisexual and anybody should be able to understand. I’m all for finding healthy ways to promote LGBT messages to kids when they’re old enough to understand things like sex, sexual orenentation and the like. I just feel that it’s getting to a point where it can be a little explicit at times and that might affect a child’s innocence, that’s all. If you feel offended, then that’s fine. I’m sorry. If the new Frozen film wants depict an gay relationship, fine.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Look, I’m not saying this with any sort of animus whatsoever. There’s nothing wrong with being gay or bisexual and anybody should be able to understand. I’m all for finding healthy ways to promote LGBT messages to kids when they’re old enough to understand things like sex, sexual orenentation and the like. I just feel that it’s getting to a point where it can be a little explicit at times and that might affect a child’s innocence, that’s all. If you feel offended, then that’s fine. I’m sorry. If the new Frozen film wants depict an gay relationship, fine.

The fact that you associate LGBT themes with sex and sexual orientation but don’t associate sex and sexual orientation with cis, straight couplings shows how little you understand what is being said.

Why would LGBT themes affect a child’s innocence but straight couples being depicted in media don’t?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Would you consider the romances between Anna and Kristoff, Rapunzel and Flynn, Aladdin and Jasmine, Belle and the Beast, etc. to be explicit? If Disney can depict those romances in a tasteful way, they can do the same with LGBT romance. It’s not like Frozen 2 is going to have a sex scene between Elsa and her lover, damn.

SoulXaldin

Awards
I dunno, assumed that LGBT themes kinda have more provocative undertones. Or maybe because stereotypes only make it seem as such. I was only bringing up the “explicit” argument because nowadays kids are being thought things like sex at a young age and I don’t think that’s okay. Only when they are at an age where things become more complex should they able to understand it.

Its clear that I don’t know about these things, kay? It was admittedly a very surface levels approach and I’m once again sorry. Can we please dwell on this further? I took it a little far and it was nitpicky.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I dunno, assumed that LGBT themes kinda have more provocative undertones. Or maybe because stereotypes only make it seem as such. I was only bringing up the “explicit” argument because nowadays kids are being thought things like sex at a young age and I don’t think that’s okay. Only when they are at an age where things become more complex should they able to understand it.

Bullshit. There are LGBT children, and what you're suggesting leads to them thinking natural feelings they feel are wrong. Do you have any idea how much that fucks with you? When you're a child and you have nothing around you to show that you're valid and okay?

Its clear that I don’t know about these things, kay? It was admittedly a very surface levels approach and I’m once again sorry. Can we please dwell on this further? I took it a little far and it was nitpicky.

You opened the box, and LGBT people are telling you why you're wrong about something you just admitted you have a surface level understanding of and you rely on stereotypes. Instead of telling people to move on, maybe don't speak when you don't know about something and listen. You might learn something.

SoulXaldin

Awards
I’m not trying to shy from it. I just don’t want to get off-topic. And besides, kids don’t experience feelings like that until at least puberty. If you want to discuss it, feel free to message me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I’m not trying to shy from it. I just don’t want to get off-topic. And besides, kids don’t experience feelings like that until at least puberty. If you want to discuss it, feel free to message me.

Children don’t have crushes on other children? Don’t question why they like certain things more than others? Don’t wonder why they feel uncomfortable in their skin even as kids?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Yeah, I'm not doing that. You very clearly have your own incorrect thoughts about the way LGBT people exist. Again, you have an entire forum full of people who were LGBT kids, self-included, telling you that you have no idea what you're talking about. Take the hint, man. You don't know what you're talking about and because this isn't something that directly affects you, it makes you uncomfortable because you don't understand it.

Why on earth would I PM you about it? I'm not interested in hearing more about how wrong you are because you're not taking the time to actually listen to LGBT people.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Also, how is it off-topic if the topic is literally LGBT representation in children's media, specifically Frozen 2?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Fine, I get it. Im an idiot. Happy?

No, because this was about trying to have a conversation to teach you that your views on LGBT themes are grossly outdated and wrong. You always do this when the conversation turns to the discussion of LGBT characters and you always fall back on the same rhetoric when there are literally five LGBT people trying to explain to you what the truth is.

SoulXaldin

Awards
No, because this was about trying to have a conversation to teach you that your views on LGBT themes are grossly outdated and wrong. You always do this when the conversation turns to the discussion of LGBT characters and you always fall back on the same rhetoric when there are literally five LGBT people trying to explain to you what the truth is.

And what is the truth exactly?

Last edited:

Perkilator

Awards
So there was an LGBT argument that I missed? Well, I think it’s pointless either way since Anna and Elsa are sisters.

Back