• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Future announcements?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AegisXIII

Awards
What are your thoughts on which future games will be revealed this year? Can we speculate a bit?
Here are my prognostics:
- Dark Road (this year)
- Compilations on switch and pc (this year too)
- KH3 Final Mix (PS5, xbox series x, PC): just the bundle with remind and some graphics improvements
- Birth By Sleep Volume 2: A game entirely happening in the realm of darkness with the wayfinder trio and abandonned worlds, that would be fun
- Dream Drop Distance 2: Riku and Kairi in the sleeping realms, sounce nice
- Verum Rex: Because we need it
- And finally: KH4 which serves as closure for these new arcs.

NoWay

Awards
I really want them to announce a PS5/Series X enhanced KH3 Final Mix for Spring 2020. KH3 is a game which can benefit sooo much from the next gen consoles. Imagine KH3 without loading times. KH3 suffers so much from its loading times.

Do you think it’s probable that the next big KH game releases in Fall 2021?

the red monster

Awards
I really want them to announce a PS5/Series X enhanced KH3 Final Mix for Spring 2020. KH3 is a game which can benefit sooo much from the next gen consoles. Imagine KH3 without loading times. KH3 suffers so much from its loading times.

i think late 2021/early 2022. depends how ambitious it's gonna be.
i hope for TGS or jump festa announcement at the latest.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

Anything to never have to see those hashtag loading screens.

I still think the next big kh title is a long ways off, prob 2022+

AegisXIII

Awards
I hate loading screens. They are too long in kh3. BUT, I like kingstagram, soooo... ^^

SweetYetSalty

Awards
What game I want to be announced? A RAX game obviously! Don't care if they aren't doing anything relevant to the plot right now, I want it! Square owes me for my loyalty to them lol.

What games I expected to be announced? A Kairi game. I'm all for it, Kairi needs all the attention she can get and they need to build on her role from ReMind. If they can make it about the whole Destiny trio then even better.

Then there's the potential TAV game in the RoD, Aqua probably has a vacation villa there.

A game they should consider is a Backcover like game for Union X. I'd love to see Skuld animated beyond a chibi and voiced along with Strelitzia and Darkness. Plus it would get more involved with the story. That would be more of a game movie then a game, but this is one that really should happen. I hope it does. I'd want to see Ava vx Luxu too, and hopeful Gula's death in unreal engine.

AegisXIII

Awards
Nice
A game they should consider is a Backcover like game for Union X. I'd love to see Skuld animated beyond a chibi and voiced along with Strelitzia and Darkness. Plus it would get more involved with the story. That would be more of a game movie then a game, but this is one that really should happen. I hope it does. I'd want to see Ava vx Luxu too, and hopeful Gula's death in unreal engine.
Oh yes, a console version of the keyblade war of union cross. Definitely worth it.

SuperNova

Awards
DDDv2 is a guarantee and KH4 will probably be announced around 2022-2023. Considering how many teams they have now, I am pretty sure we will get SOME kind of announcement this year and the next game will release late 2021/early 2022.

As for other games? Well personally I want a TAV game but I doubt we will be getting a side game starring both RAX and TAV. But thats just me.

redcrown

Awards
The bigger question to me is when can we expect KH announcements of any kind from SE? Since the pandemic E3 was cancelled, idk what's going on with TGS as of now, and I'm not so sure there was gonna be any KH news anyway since they're probably preoccupied with FF7R, and they officially ended a "saga" in this series so they're probably not in a rush to give KH fans anything.

At this point I just expect an announcement on the official Twitter to just drop unexpectedly on any random day, for something I probably personally won't care about like a mobile game release.

D

Deleted member 252753

That does sound amazing... But then I hear Darkness talking about lifeboats in my head and I never want it to become real lol. Still I think it would be a really good thing as UX has a pretty good story and it would be nice to make it more easily accessible.

the red monster

Awards
The bigger question to me is when can we expect KH announcements of any kind from SE? Since the pandemic E3 was cancelled, idk what's going on with TGS as of now, and I'm not so sure there was gonna be any KH news anyway since they're probably preoccupied with FF7R, and they officially ended a "saga" in this series so they're probably not in a rush to give KH fans anything.

At this point I just expect an announcement on the official Twitter to just drop unexpectedly on any random day, for something I probably personally won't care about like a mobile game release.
TGS is going to be a live stream this year
like nintendo's directs.

Awards
What I wish they would do is drop 2-3 games that are similar to 0.2, either as a collection or individually over the course of 2 years (2021-2023 most likely)

They should be quick, but well made 3 hour story campaigns, that have secret bosses, and hidden collectibles that add more replay value with post game content (just like 0.2.)

They could make a BBS trio game, a DAYS trio game, and Kairi/Riku game that all narratively lead into KH4, with Sora and Yozora being the big-boy 30 hour game like the other numbered installments.

They already have the engine and the assets from Kh3 to do it, and they could even announce them all together like they did back in the day with Days, Coded, and BBS.

With those 3 mini games, and dark road in the near future, that would be more than enough to keep KH fans happy until KH4 releases like 13 years from now.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Revealed this year? Most likely the next title that involves Kairi, since that probably won't be KH4. I don't think they're going to do a PS5 re-release of KH3 so soon, since the PS5 can run PS4 games. It'd be redundant, and they're better off just utilizing the Boost Mode.

We also may get an idea of what Verum Rex is supposed to be this year, too. I don't think we're gonna be in the dark for so long when it comes to whatever's going on with Yozora.

Stuff like BBS Volume 2 is shooting in the dark because we're not sure if that's a journey that's worth telling. It might be, but it depends on what's going on with Ven and if the Realm of Darkness would even have anything that could warrant a whole game for. 0.2 was fine because it was only about the length of one KH3 world and explained what happened from Blank Points up to the ending of KH1 (and it's implied that a lot of time had already passed for Aqua in 0.2). BBSv2 would have to fit about 25-30 hours of story into the Realm of Darkness, unless they were never really going to be in there the whole time and most of the story takes place in a different realm (Unchained Realm maybe?).

It's also hard to say if everything with Ven would be BBSv2 material or KH4 material, because who knows what can of worms we're opening, KHUX right now already is opening up a big one. Since BBS is KH0, BBSv2 would more or less be KH3.5 (if this becomes a thing). So it'd be pretty important if it becomes a game, but not an official numbered title with all of the importance and pressure that comes with it. (Numbered KH games are like Avengers movies, and side titles are like the separate movies that are meant to all link up to the inevitable next big Avengers film (or KH game in this example.))

KH4 definitely wouldn't be announced this year, because you'd still have to set the groundwork for the other games first and Nomura already said that's not coming for a while. If they announce that now, we're just gonna get another KH3 situation, and I'd rather they announce that when it's well into development and almost ready for release. KH4 would most likely be a 2023 release.

My hope is that we get a Union X Console game for this year, but I don't think it's likely. It'd be a great way to kill time while we're waiting for the next games, plus UX is a pretty damn important game in itself, to the point where it's going to come into play in the future titles.

Sally-boiii

Awards
What are your thoughts on which future games will be revealed this year? Can we speculate a bit?
Here are my prognostics:
- Dark Road (this year)
- Compilations on switch and pc (this year too)
- KH3 Final Mix (PS5, xbox series x, PC): just the bundle with remind and some graphics improvements
- Birth By Sleep Volume 2: A game entirely happening in the realm of darkness with the wayfinder trio and abandonned worlds, that would be fun
- Dream Drop Distance 2: Riku and Kairi in the sleeping realms, sounce nice
- Verum Rex: Because we need it
- And finally: KH4 which serves as closure for these new arcs.
You think DDD 2 is really going to happen??

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Am I the only one gobsmacked that some think there's a loading time issue in KH3...? I barely remember much of anything having to load in that game except for when you first enter a world from the world map.... And the Twitter-esque load screens were a nice distraction from those few waiting moments, too. I guess if you use the Save Point to jump around a world a lot? I didn't really do that, so maybe that's the disconnect for me.

Imagine the new generation playing the PS1 Final Fantasy's or even the PS2 KH1 when you had to warp to each world and load between every room (and for environments nowhere near as large).... Get off my lawn!

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
You think DDD 2 is really going to happen??

It's implied that Kairi is currently spending a year in the Realm of Sleep looking for Sora. Riku, obviously being there once already, would know quite a bit about the Realm of Sleep. And since the end of Limit Cut's episode, a certain character talks about the "dreams of three" are the key to finding Sora... I think it's pretty clear that we're jumping back in there.

Plus, we know that sleep and death are closely-knit, so if Sora actually kicked the bucket, this is the best method of finding out a lead of where he actually is. In the Secret Episode ending, it all seemingly takes place in the Final World. Chirithy mentioned that Sora's been to the Final World before, implying an instance of a Dive to The Heart (if not every time he's done it). And since a Dive is a dream... That could also be the method in reaching Sora, assuming he's still hanging around there and not actually in Shibuya yet.

But if he's in Shibuya now, that could be a location in which it's a Sleeping World, but it's also in very deep sleep (that dark abyss Young Xehanort mentioned), meaning it's probably incredibly tough to get there. Unless, there's a Realm of Death and that's where "Shibuya" is (the one in TWEWY)... But Chirithy said there wasn't anything after the Final World. Although, that may also be explained by Chirithy not knowing because they've never actually died before and Sora's case is extremely rare. Like this probably almost never happens. Either way though, it does feel like the Realm of Sleep is coming back into play again.

GreyouTT

Awards
Doubt it'll be called DDD Volume 2 though. If past games are any indication, it'll be called Oath to Return just like how BbS was name dropped in 2's secret ending.

Awards
My two cents on the likelihood of hypothetical upcoming titles. Based on Nomura's previous statements, I think we'll probably get three of these:

KH4: Obviously 100% going to happen, but I wouldn't expect it to be released for several more years, with an official announcement only roughly 9 months before release. I'd anticipate Q4 2024-Q1 2025.

Spiritual DDD2: Almost definitely happening as the next title, starring Kairi and Riku in the RoS. I'm hoping for confirmation at TGS. With quarantines having certainly left everything in a state of arrested development, I wouldn't expect a release prior to Q4 2021 at this rate.

Spiritual BBS2: Eh, 50/50 chances. I'm quite sure that Nomura wants to do more with those characters, but I can't really envision much story to tell for a full-fledged 20-30 hour campaign, unless they somehow end up in the Age of Fairytales and flesh out that corner of the universe. A 5-8 hour long, 0.2 scenario of them in the RoD, encountering some new threat may be ideal.

Spiritual TWEWY 2/remake/crossover/Sora & Yozora's Shibuya adventure: Uh, something like that lol. Also 50% possible imo. I think you'd really need another Sora title before KH4 to explain his journey, post-ReMind, as well as Yozora's efforts to "save" him, separate from however Kairi and/or Riku may also try to. A great opportunity to flesh out a new worldline and secondary characters (TWEWY crew, Yozora, Luxord). We also need to learn about this robot enemies.

Union X console remake/CG movie: 40% likely lol. I think something of this vein is absolutely necessary, but I just don't see it happening. SE will be too worried about their dumb mobile game losing money.

Spiritual Days2: I think it'd be great to give RAXNS their own adventure separate from the main story, but I also think Nomura would struggle to keep them relevant outside of Axel and Saix searching for Subject X and perhaps seeking retribution from Ansem the Wise (which could instead be saved for KH4). I feel like Roxas, Xion, and Namine have all more than run their course at this point, though... Maybe another 0.2 minigame meant to give those characters a final sense of closure could work... So, like, 30% likely?

Pre-Sora Verum Rex prequel: Incredibly unlikely, and totally unnecessary. I can't imagine there being enough story and lore to warrant a full game exploring that world before Yozora becomes aware of Sora. There's no real reason to basically make an entirely new IP and then shove it into KH anyway.

An eventual console remake/CG movie of Dark Road: Nah, never gonna happen. If it ever was, we would've gotten that instead of another cash grab mobile game in the first place.

Any kind of title focusing on the likes of Xigbar/Luxu, Marluxia, Larxene, Luxord, Demyx, Ava, Mickey & Donald & Goofy, or Ansem the Wise: The chances are zilch. However, with the exception of MDG, I think there's tons of potential to work with any of these characters in a sub-game, and I also believe that it'd be the only way to do any of these characters true justice at this point. These characters are all just steeped in too much history and lore at this point to be able to continue to function as secondary characters in other titles that don't have the time to flesh out the backstories and b-plots of these characters. Like, as of present, there's a truly ridiculous amount of implications regarding AtW and his involvement with much of the series' mythologies, but none of the titles have the time to actually show these things. It's infuriating to me. I don't want to read about these things in optional reports! AtW could arguably be the series' most nuanced character, but you'd never know it because in-game cutscenes don't regard him as anything more than a combination of an expository device and a vehicle to mount suspense. Very similar sentiments could also be expressed regarding Xigbar/Luxu, whose varied history could never be condensed into a few cutscenes of droning exposition in, say, KH4. But alas, I can't see Nomura and SE recognizing the narrative and financial potential to routine sub-games released between main titles. 0.2 was a one-off of missed franchised potential.

Back