• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► Future Games

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Another X (X referring to "ki" or "chi") seems to be the dominant guess on twitter, from what I've seen.

"Another X" would be written as アナザー キー, which doesn't match the 3 and 3 Japanese character restriction.

I've been seeing "Verum Rex" floated around, but that also doesn't match since it's written as ヴェラム レックス.

ZeVaine

Awards
"Another X" would be written as アナザー キー, which doesn't match the 3 and 3 Japanese character restriction.

I've been seeing "Verum Rex" floated around, but that also doesn't match since it's written as ヴェラム レックス.

I had no idea about the Japanese side of it...

The mystery is definitely intriguing, though.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I had no idea about the Japanese side of it...

The mystery is definitely intriguing, though.

It is! The deadline for submissions is tomorrow night, so hopefully they'll announce the official title soon after.

And as a general reminder, we are expecting a UX story update this week, the last of the four that Nomura promised.

OneDandelion

Awards
why would it be written as "アナザー キー"? If they chose the phonic spelling of "X" wouldn't it be エクス? Unless I'm out of the loop and they actively use "キ" for the X in the names or something

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
why would it be written as "アナザー キー"? If they chose the phonic spelling of "X" wouldn't it be エクス? Unless I'm out of the loop and they actively use "キ" for the X in the names or something

ZeVaine, which I was responding to, explains that the X being suggested in that title is the Greek letter χ, not the X in the English alphabet. It'd be pronounced as "key."

OneDandelion

Awards
ZeVaine, which I was responding to, explains that the X being suggested in that title is the Greek letter χ, not the X in the English alphabet. It'd be pronounced as "key."
Oh I see. Well it would be an odd choice for them to say エクス anyway when they'd just as well use the English letter "X" and it would look cleaner. It would be like if it came to America and was spelled "Another ex" lol

I'm hoping it's some kind of strategy chess game using the game board Eraqus and Xehanort were playing with, although I can't think of a title. I'd prefer if KHuX remained as the sole action phone game

2 quid is good

Awards
And as a general reminder, we are expecting a UX story update this week, the last of the four that Nomura promised.
Plsletitbethelastoneplsletitbethelastoneplsletitbethela- /shot

Don't think I could abide it if KH had two phone games, and with the cult like tendencies of this fanbase there'll be enough of a minority to support both.

*Depression intensifies*

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Plsletitbethelastoneplsletitbethelastoneplsletitbethela- /shot

Don't think I could abide it if KH had two phone games, and with the cult like tendencies of this fanbase there'll be enough of a minority to support both.

*Depression intensifies*

Yeaaaaaah, it was already confirmed otherwise last week :p

KHUX will continue to operate even after the new service launches.
  • A big campaign in April will be held to celebrate the 4th anniversary of Global version
  • Main scenarios will be updated in March, April, July, August, and so on

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Really?! :cry:

Guess this low key also confirms that out of the 4 team we've got, two of them are mobile game development teams. I just hope Project Xehanort is an actual game and not another "Patreon".

It's depressing to think that SE is more than willing to milk the fanbase via two "games"at the same time. Maybe this one will actually be a fun game. If it's one like TWEWY Solo Mix that'd be awesome. But I really fear that it'll just be another gacha game.

Guess this is what Nomura meant with a third line in the series... 😞

Also that story release schedule for Union Cross sounds abysmal.

Last edited:

GreyouTT

Awards

Guess this low key also confirms that out of the 4 team we've got, two of them are mobile game development teams. I just hope Project Xehanort is an actual game and not another "Patreon".

It's depressing to think that SE is more than willing to milk the fanbase via two "games"at the same time. Maybe this one will actually be a fun game. If it's one like TWEWY Solo Mix that'd be awesome. But I really fear that it'll just be another gacha game.

Also that story release schedule for Union Cros sounds abysmal.
I thought the third line was the scholastic book series thay was leaked? Come to think of it, we haven't heard anything about it since.

And yes, the update schedule is hell.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
We really have no idea what Project Xehanort will play like though. I'm hoping since apparently KHUX isn't as hot as it used to be, Square is smart enough to switch it up and do something differently, but... Ain't no telling. *Drake voice*

I just wonder why they didn't think to do a console version of KHUX. That would've made money, if it was fleshed out like FFXIV is. Could you imagine KH-style MMO expansions? You could keep the franchise hyped and alive while waiting for the next mainline title.

D

Deleted member 246005

If they are all gonna be searching for Sora, i rather it gets one game because we know where he is.

I don't mind if BBS 2 and Days 2 have other plots. They could start out trying to search for Sora and just get sidetracked with by another plot ie mystery girl x or ven's past.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
If they are all gonna be searching for Sora, i rather it gets one game because we know where he is.

I don't mind if BBS 2 and Days 2 have other plots. They could start out trying to search for Sora and just get sidetracked with by another plot ie mystery girl x or ven's past.
TAV's villains could be Luxu and the Foretellers and the Twilight Town Gang's villain could be Maleficent and Pete. They could all start their respective journeys looking for Sora, but get sidetracked over a bigger threat. I mean, it's been a year now. I presume Luxu, the Foretellers and Maleficent have well developed their plans and may try to put them into motion now that Sora has been gone a year and the Guardians have little idea on what to do.

2 quid is good

Awards
I thought the third line was the scholastic book series thay was leaked? Come to think of it, we haven't heard anything about it since.

And yes, the update schedule is hell.
No that's all on Disney isn't it? I doubt Nomura even knew all that much about it, call it the V-Cast of books if you will

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wait
They are gonna let us wait 3 months for a main story Update between April and July?:oops:
Project Xehanort is probably going to release during that time, hence the gap. But it's unclear whether this mean there will be no story during those months or if we're just getting Disney filler.

Also that story release schedule for Union Cross sounds abysmal.

Project Xehanort is being developed by the UX team, but one of the two new teams is likely to be a mobile one since they seem to have a quick turnaround? Although we don't know how soon "surprisingly soon" actually is, I think it'd be wise to temper expectations in the event that their project winds up being a third mobile game.

And if it is, I will just crumble and die because I cannot cover 3 mobile games by myself on top of everything else 8D

No that's all on Disney isn't it? I doubt Nomura even knew all that much about it, call it the V-Cast of books if you will

Disney licensed the property out to Scholastic, but I don't think they were expecting anyone to boldly claim they'd write an original canon story, introduce new characters and expand the lore? That's just asking for trouble.

Last edited:

AegisXIII

Awards
What about another remaster? This time with all 10 games. The Seeker of Darkness saga. I know this is not a proper game, but they used to announce remaster as full games anyway, so it's a possibility.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
TAV's villains could be Luxu and the Foretellers and the Twilight Town Gang's villain could be Maleficent and Pete. They could all start their respective journeys looking for Sora, but get sidetracked over a bigger threat. I mean, it's been a year now. I presume Luxu, the Foretellers and Maleficent have well developed their plans and may try to put them into motion now that Sora has been gone a year and the Guardians have little idea on what to do.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

This. It's actually very similar to an idea someone here had that stuck with me about having a game like 3D or BbS, where there are multiple scenarios, but with one scenario being TAV, another being Riku and Kairi, another being RAXIN (sorry, I was saying RAXI to include Isa and now I have to include an N for Namine, lol) all looking for Sora. I would really love a game like that, especially if they let you choose which character(s) to play as or switch between characters while in each separate scenario (for example, choose to play as Riku or Kairi for that scenario, choose to play as Terra or Aqua or Ven in their scenario, etc.)

What about another remaster? This time with all 10 games. The Seeker of Darkness saga. I know this is not a proper game, but they used to announce remaster as full games anyway, so it's a possibility.
Well, with the announcment of Project Xehanort, I'm thinking the Xehanort saga is not at an end, disappointingly.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
This. It's actually very similar to an idea someone here had that stuck with me about having a game like 3D or BbS, where there are multiple scenarios, but with one scenario being TAV, another being Riku and Kairi, another being RAXIN (sorry, I was saying RAXI to include Isa and now I have to include an N for Namine, lol) all looking for Sora. I would really love a game like that, especially if they let you choose which character(s) to play as or switch between characters while in each separate scenario (for example, choose to play as Riku or Kairi for that scenario, choose to play as Terra or Aqua or Ven in their scenario, etc.)

Well, with the announcment of Project Xehanort, I'm thinking the Xehanort saga is not at an end, disappointingly.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Back