• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Future of Drive Forms

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
(put the spoiler tag for the just-in-case.)

So, another thread about possibilities of KH3, pretty much. Seeing as there isn't much of a time gap between KH2 and 3, as we've seen from coded and the secret ending of BBS, there really isn't very much of a reason for Sora to have a new outfit in KH3. He most likely will, but to have a change, but do you think that Drive Forms will still be a feature in the game?

Even though I really, really hope so, because I loved them so much, I don't see it happening, unfortunately. Sora will start off at level 1, probably without any excuse, and thereofre, you can't start off a game with all of these powers. Unless Nomura throws a curve ball and we start the game with, like...a KH2 filesave or something (again, highly highly unlikely, but hey, you never know with him.)

So anyways, Drive Forms in the future? If so, new ones? Again if so, would they include Limit Form in the US/EUR editions?

Locksmith13

I don't see why so many people complain about starting out at level one(this is to everyone not just you). This is the one component that every game shares whether its the original or a sequel of some sorts. I thinks its refreshing that they actually explain why the character starts out at level one then just starting out with no abilities for no apparent reason. I bet they will start sora out with all his abilities but right in the beginning i bet he loses ven's heart which might remove all of his abilities for some reason. I've seen that approach before in games where you start out all powerful and godly and then something happens where you lose all your abilities and in the game you gradually regain them. Once Sora loses ven's heart I'm pretty sure he'd lose the drive forms. He would probably gain them back but instead of two keyblade he gets armor. The armor could have different colors and different abilities depending on the form.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I don't think we'll see drive forms again, especially if BbS is well received enough. The different attack styles in BbS are pretty much gimped drive forms, so he'll probably change to modified versions of those if people like BbS's battle system enough.

But that's a good point. If Ventus' heart is removed from Sora's, there's a perfect excuse to knock Sora to level 1. And it'll stop him from dual-weilding... at least for a while.

Allister Rose

French Lover
(put the spoiler tag for the just-in-case.)

So, another thread about possibilities of KH3, pretty much. Seeing as there isn't much of a time gap between KH2 and 3, as we've seen from coded and the secret ending of BBS, there really isn't very much of a reason for Sora to have a new outfit in KH3. He most likely will, but to have a change, but do you think that Drive Forms will still be a feature in the game?

Even though I really, really hope so, because I loved them so much, I don't see it happening, unfortunately. Sora will start off at level 1, probably without any excuse, and thereofre, you can't start off a game with all of these powers. Unless Nomura throws a curve ball and we start the game with, like...a KH2 filesave or something (again, highly highly unlikely, but hey, you never know with him.)

So anyways, Drive Forms in the future? If so, new ones? Again if so, would they include Limit Form in the US/EUR editions?

Don' think we'll get new clothes. probably in the new saga, but not in kh3. Nomura said he originally designed sora off of mickey but in kh2 he decided to give him a new design that fits closer to his personality. As for drive forms, they could return, but it would be great if they weren't overpowere, like a longer gauge and some manuvering just to activate drive forms rather than pressing a simple buton.

as for starting out in level 1, it doesn't really matter. it would be stupid to want to e at level 99 at the beginning. it wouldn't be fun. it may be fun to see it happen and maybe funny, but after a while, it's not going to be really entertaining

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
I don't think we'll see drive forms again, especially if BbS is well received enough. The different attack styles in BbS are pretty much gimped drive forms, so he'll probably change to modified versions of those if people like BbS's battle system enough.

But that's a good point. If Ventus' heart is removed from Sora's, there's a perfect excuse to knock Sora to level 1. And it'll stop him from dual-weilding... at least for a while.

Ragnell 37 is pretty much right that the BbS System will be more likely to return than the Drive Forms. However, if they modify the Drive Forms into Command Styles for Sora, than I'd like to see that as long as the Command Styles are harder to pull off.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i dont think so....it seems they are using it for portable games, which IMO BBS system appears to be more suitable for portable systems than a main console

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I hope drive forms don't come back. Made the game waaaay to easy, and they could have replaced it with something better to be honest.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I hope drive forms don't come back. Made the game waaaay to easy, and they could have replaced it with something better to be honest.

This. I hope they pull something where a villain disables Sora's clothes' magic abilities that allow him to use drive forms.

Allister Rose

French Lover
the idea of drive forms wasn't bad (many games use something almost identical to drive forms). I just tihnk they were overpowered or too easy to achieve. the hard part was gaining anti form. i really wanted to use it

zachen

Awards
I liked the drive forms they provided a nice escape form the boring button smashing while doing little damage into button smashing with massive damage

anyways I want more and new drive forms with some different abilities for each one as well.

Millenious

I would think since its a part of sora's new clothes they might come back but more like the style changes in bbs, u'd fill the gauge and have the command come up in your deck and it gives you a new deck of attacks, they might still also take out a party member to make it more like the drives.

Though if he were to get new clothes i would like to have limit form be the style since it incorporates both the new and old styles

Silverslide

He will most likely get a change of clothes now that I think about it.

Allister Rose

French Lover
depends...like i've said before....nomura changed his clothe to fit more of sora's personality. so unless nomura want's to redesign sora, then maybe..

Silverslide

depends...like i've said before....nomura changed his clothe to fit more of sora's personality. so unless nomura want's to redesign sora, then maybe..

I don't know about the personality part since KH1 Sora is the same as KH2 Sora except with bass and he is more stupid but Sora has gotten a costume change for every main game so it's very likely.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I don't know about the personality part since KH1 Sora is the same as KH2 Sora except with bass and he is more stupid but Sora has gotten a costume change for every main game so it's very likely.
in kh1 he did originally look similar to mickey, but again, kh2 he changed it to fit his personality.

Dcasd1

they have to come back as long as sora's wearing those magical clothes he'll still me able to use them

Allister Rose

French Lover
well if they tone down the drive forms power, then i wont think it would be too big of a problem for them to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back