• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

G4 Showed KH3D some love

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
They gave it a 4.5 / 5
which is pretty good

their main gripes were
- Level design is inconsistent throughout the game
- Drop system is frustrating during boss fights
- The story can be confusing at times

I Totally forgot the link lol

a little more than 8 days :biggrin:

Last edited:

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Re: G4 Show'd KH3D some love

I agree with the drop system. When you almost finished a boss fight and you drop, you'll have to start over again next time you play as that character. Which is okay for not so hard bosses but can be immensly fustrating for really hard bosses.

Level design, eh. I think it's quite impressive. The areas are very big. It was kind of overwhelming at first.

The story can be confusing at times. I've played every single game and still find some things to be hard to understand. I'll be rewatching all the cutscenes once I finished the game, just to make sure I understand everything.

I wouldn't give it a 4,5 though. I'd give it a 4 at most. Framerate can drop immensly (I don't mind it that much but I can see people hating that), some enemies are frustrating as kupo, there should be more checkpoints in the large areas (expect to die a lot and return back to the point where you first entered the area, losing all the progress you made in that area). I wouldn't mind the powerful enemies if it weren't for the lack of checkpoints in the bigger areas.

Last edited:

jnh71193

Awards

That's pretty good. It's good that the game is getting some good recognition.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards

Excellent rating. I've yet to play the game yet but this bolsters my already-high expectations for the game

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

This is why you should really think about planning what you do in between each drop

Some bosses can inflict status ailments that make you drop faster. So yeah, sometimes it can be a major pain in the butt.

Sure, it makes the boss battles more tedious... but not in a good way imo. It's nice of them to try something different though.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Some bosses can inflict status ailments that make you drop faster. So yeah, sometimes it can be a major pain in the butt.

Sure, it makes the boss battles more tedious... but not in a good way imo. It's nice of them to try something different though.

xD Better to run into the fight with a full drop bar than with a low one

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

xD Better to run into the fight with a full drop bar than with a low one

Still, imagine fighting a hardass boss, you wasted a lot of time dodging attacks and curing. However, you almost got the boss' HP down to zero. You're about to drop so you'll have to act quick. However, the boss keeps attacking you. What happens? You drop and you'll have to start over again.

I swear, you'll be ready to smash your 3DS into smithereens.

Oh and if Dream Eaters get KO'd during a boss fight... well, let's just say it sucks if you're trying to save your DE and get yourself KO'd during the process xD

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

I think it's a very fair rating, and that their gripes are totally called for. Honestly I didn't think the drop system would go over well, but it was a very original idea.

yomitchymitch

I agree with the drop system. When you almost finished a boss fight and you drop, you'll have to start over again next time you play as that character. Which is okay for not so hard bosses but can be immensly fustrating for really hard bosses.

I swear that I read somewhere that this was changed in the NA version. When you come back, the boss will have the same health as it did when you left. :D

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

I swear that I read somewhere that this was changed in the NA version. When you come back, the boss will have the same health as it did when you left. :D

Either I haven't noticed this or it hasn't been changed at all. I'll have to look into that next time I drop during a boss battle ;D

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Still, imagine fighting a hardass boss, you wasted a lot of time dodging attacks and curing. However, you almost got the boss' HP down to zero. You're about to drop so you'll have to act quick. However, the boss keeps attacking you. What happens? You drop and you'll have to start over again.

I swear, you'll be ready to smash your 3DS into smithereens.
This guy died against the second last boss like 90 times but didn't rage much.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

This guy died against the second last boss like 90 times but didn't rage much.

I'm raged a lot when I was in this big area where the enemies were hard as kupo and always ended up being KO'd, bringing me back to where I started, losing all the progress I made in that area.

I've died quite a lot in this game. I'd say this is the hardest KH game I've ever played. Proud mode really caught me off guard this time around!

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

What do they find "inconsistent" about the level design? It has the best level design in the entire series imo. But I guess it's okay, I understand everything else. No one seems to like the Drop system...

Edit: I just looked at the article, I guess they meant how Traverse Town and Symphony of Sorcery are amazing and creative, but (they said) that Country of the Musketeers was not nearly as creative and "flat" in comparison. Hmm...I guess I can see that, too?

Though I wouldn't say it's really a con, since I feel like you could say that about any game. There are always levels, areas, etc. that are more creative than others.

Last edited:

sdr08

I'm raged a lot when I was in this big area where the enemies were hard as kupo and always ended up being KO'd, bringing me back to where I started, losing all the progress I made in that area.

I've died quite a lot in this game. I'd say this is the hardest KH game I've ever played. Proud mode really caught me off guard this time around!

please don't say that lol...it will make me playing with only my right index finger that much harder, oh well, I like a good challenge :)

have a feeling that the drop gauge will make me scream

Last edited:

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com

I can tell the drop gauge is probably gonna piss me off. Mainly because i like to rush through the games to see the story while leveling up takes a back seat. But if the Character Switching Death gauge is gonna play a Major factor in boss battles im gonna have to put in some work this time around...

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

Good for G4 bur still.....FUCK G4!! I swear X play is a fucking joke

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I can tell the drop gauge is probably gonna piss me off. Mainly because i like to rush through the games to see the story while leveling up takes a back seat. But if the Character Switching Death gauge is gonna play a Major factor in boss battles im gonna have to put in some work this time around...

Honestly I really don't see how it could be that frustrating. I mean, just don't wait for the Drop guage to get empty. As soon as you're in a boss fight and you notice you're drop is low, just drop manually and then you won't have to waste all that time trying to defeat a boss and then losing your progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back