• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Game design...Am I just kidding myself...?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartless1990

Anyways, how many out there are actually planning in game design for their career and actually looks forward to it? Because, I'm working pretty hard in my game script and I want to know if I'm just kidding myself. A lot of people want to become game designers but I'm one of them. Just seeing how many people look forward to creating games, it's just nerve racking to me and makes me seem less able to achieve my goal...My game has no title yet but since I like RPGs, I thought I'd make a game. I like script writing so I'm working on the script and I have the battle system intact....I've written the synopsis for the game and already gotten 600 pages into the script...But...I'm being a but underconfident with the many people wantining to become game designers...

I know many out there want to be designers too...Are any of you one of those? Anyone out there able to host their opinions? I need some advice and maybe I can talk to anyone about how to seem more significant...:sighs.:...

Heartless1990

Thanks...but I really lack the confidence...thanks though...

I love the PS2...their best games have the small japanese feel as in Kingdom Hearts which at least has the names of japanese words (Riku is land, Sora is sky, Kairi is....Nautical mile?)

My game adds a bit of the orient and lacking the knowledge of japanese, I feel even less confident...

Heartless1990

Come to think of it...how many of you think you're kidding yourself? I'm truly dedicated my life towards game design to the point where it is only 40% fun and the rest I have to be serious. I don't know, I still have doubts. Any of you actually sure of it one day?

Light121

i live in a house, in a town, in a country
Website
www.xanga.com
i think it would be cool to create games, i am a creator, i love creating things, i've been creating things since i was little. i personally think that it you are able to type 600 pages, your doing a good job. i think it's great that you even got that far, i start ton's of things, then never get around to finishing. you'll do great.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I really want to become a game designer but I don't listen most of the time in school and I'm lazy at homework this year since its 10th grade I have to do alot of things I mean alot of things join clubs do better in classes try to pass them so I can do join enrollment at UGA but hey once its over and done with then that's it for me but I've read that article and now I feel like I could become a game designer if I really wanted to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back